Sunday 2 April 2017

Blow, WInds, and Crack Your Cheeks Blues: Sunday, April 2nd!

One forges one’s style on the terrible anvil of daily deadlines. -Emile Zola, writer (2 Apr 1840-1902) 


Buongiorno Terracoids! We'll here it is, Sunday morning, and we were awakened with a loud crash/bang, at 6:45 am! I thought the fence gate, at the front of the house, had come unlatched, and the wildly gusting wind was whipping it back and forth against the house. 


When I let out the cats and walked to the corner I discovered that the tarped, electric fireplace we had stored on that side of the house, as it is quite protected from the elements there, had tipped over! I'm not sure if the very strong gusts had caught a part of the loose tarp forcefully enough to pull it over but it was on its side, no matter how. When I opened the garage cat door I also discovered that the empty rain barrel had also been toppled over again. Need to hook up the new overflow valve and then re-attach stabilizing strap to wall. First chore of the day, after righting fireplace!
 

Don't think I'll be riding today, unless the wind dies down, so I'm sure Lady Dar will be cracking her cat 'o nine tails over my bent back! Pleased, indeed, that the considerable suffering and unrelieved misery related in my anecdotes are so wildly amusing to you. I suppose you are Trump supporters as well! Well, must away, to make an arsenic infused cup of herbal tea for Lady Dar! Fondestos and Cheers, More-Than-Put-Upon Patrizzio! Pics: Duke and Etta napping while I cleaned the front window on Friday. Tarik, yesterday; Lady Dar, at rest, as always!

Hello Jos, and all I would gladly join you this coming Wednesday. Cheers. Mike Phil and I will be there. I had a volunteer meeting but probably go to bridge!! If that changes I'll let you know. Gill Hi Jack Rabbit! Will you and Phillipo make your own way to Summerland? You are welcome to ride with us. Let me know. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Wednesday Folk! By my count we will enough for two tables so see everyone on Wednesday! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Osoyoos! Really enjoyed the "cat shrubs" so thanks for that link. What is your weather like, down south? Plenty of wild, wild wind here! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Tip! Really enjoyed the OURO links so thanks for that. Trust you are well. Fondestos, Patrizzio!

Although I was up shortly before 7:00 am, as mentioned already, I didn't suit up and leave the house until around 11:30 am. Wind was still howling, between 20-26 kph out of the N, over the time I was out,  so I knew I wasn't going to ride into it for any prolonged period of time, Dear Reader.

My mind was pretty much made up for me on one of the first Hamster loop around Lakeshore, Riverside, Power when I was peppered with snow pellets, across between hail stones and sleet. Fortunately, these tiny, ice missiles didn't rain down for long but the frigid blasts which hurled them persisted. 

Thus, the combination of the furious gusts, raw day itself and Saturday's decent ride allowed me to rationalize just gerbalizing myself for the duration of the outing so that is what I did. Not exciting but at least I was outside and exercising in the fresh, certainly bracing air, whipping whitecaps on Okanagan Lake. Furthermore, wanted to be home at a reasonable time so that I could attend, with Lady Dar, to the chores waiting for me. Oh well, call me Mr Fixit as opposed to Christopher Clive Froome! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1655274300#.WOGCugxPtP4.email


Cooking Class photos! Would you mind if I use a few on my blog? If so, can you send me them a different way as I can’t pull them off flickr…. I would do photo credits. Thanks for coming to the class! Elaine Hi Elaine! Delighted you enjoyed snaps and would like to use some. Very happy to oblige. You can sign up for Flickr, for nothing, and then you will be bale to download any pics you'd like. Or, if you prefer not to do this, let me know which pictures you'd like and I'll send them along. Both Lady Dar, (aka Corinne Durston), enjoyed ourselves immensely and learned things, to boot! What a life! By chance, I bumped into Grady Peat at Poplar Grove yesterday. You may well know he grows grapes for the winery. I've ridden by their place, at Indian Rock, many times, as it is one of my favourite cycling routes, but had not met either Gail or Grady until last Tuesday. Thanks again for the wonderful gathering. Let me know how you wish to proceed and I'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!


I would love the close ups you took of the cooking pot with the vegetables and the ones of Doug and Bill cooking. When you get a chance. Glad you enjoyed it. It was a fun group! Hi again, Elaine! Here are the photos you requested. If not all the ones you wanted, just let me know. All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks! I'll send you the link to my post in a bit.

Thanks for the recollection photos Patrickio. See you out our way if you're on a ride sometime. Hi Indian Rock Man! Great to bump into you at "Popular" Grove! A popular winery, obviously! Glad you enjoyed the snaps. Funnily enough, when I was back home I had a message from Elaine Davidson, who organized Cooking Class event. She wanted to use a few of the photos I took on her blog so fame awaits you! Cheers, Patrizzio!  




No comments:

Post a Comment