Tuesday 18 April 2017

Early Morning Chain Saw Oak Tree Blues: Tuesday, April 18th!

The objector and the rebel who raises his voice against what he believes to be the injustice of the present and the wrongs of the past is the one who hunches the world along. -Clarence Darrow, lawyer and author (18 Apr 1857-1938)

 





Thank you so much for the lovely Easter card and wishes. We hope you all had a grand Easter and that Spring is well and truly on the way! Love and best wishes
Gayle and Derek 


Hi Patrick, Thank you for yet another delightful card! We have been away for nearly two weeks at the coast and spring seems much closer than when we left. There are even some yellowbells blooming on our property. Happy spring to you both! Anthea and Jim  Hello Lucky Yellowbell People! Welcome home! Glad you enjoyed the card. We played bridge with Gilliana and Phillipo last night and the view from their place always takes my breath away. Hope to see you and James on a hike, in the not too, too distant future. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Must away as the oak tree at the front of our neighbour's yard has just been taken down and all of the small branches, along with a few small limbs, are now in our front garden. I had arranged to keep what would have otherwise been hauled away, (Bill's friend wants the large limbs and trunk to use to make furniture.), for kindling/firewood so I need to spend a couple of hours cutting up these branches and stacking them atop the already seasoned wood I have stacked near the front patio. Pics: Remains of oak tree; garlic and rhubarb!

I started on the oak cuttings from our neighbour's tree that had been dropped this morning, (Chainsaw started at 7:00 am, Dear Reader!), and then moved to hauling out the scrap lumber that had been an eyesore, next to Amanda's garage, ever since we arrived to live on Burns. I had asked Amanda about it on Sunday and she was delighted that I would remove it. Well worth the effort as I was able to salvage a fair bit of decent wood that will be more than suitable for the storage lockers I plan to build with Ragin' next week. By the time I'd filled a large tub with oak clippings and stacked them and then hauled the scrap lumber from Amanda'a yard next to our garage door and removed any nails from the lumber I wanted to keep, cutting up the rest for kindling, it was close to 5:30 pm. Lady Dar came outside to remind me that we were meant to be playing bridge on Spiller Road so I needed to come in to clean up!

Had taken a bit of a break around 2:00 pm to have a mug of java and a turkey sandwich so I wasn't really hungry before we left to drive play cards with Famiglia Robson. Decided I'd take a bowl of Lady Dar's tasty turkey curry to zap at their place when hunger pangs insisted themselves alter on. Did just that and enjoyed it immensely, even more so as Fast Phillipo and I were doing well as a team.

Hello Contract vs Chicago Scoring Folk! Thanks to Jack Rabbit and The Phillster for hosting Lady Dar and myself this evening. With but one table The Sisterhood opted to take on The Brotherhood and after a very hard fought battle, The Lads managed to squeak out two slow rubbers.  Bridge prize was a cord of firewood!

Now to important matters. Since group is divided between Tuesdays and Wednesdays, it has been suggested that perhaps another evening, or afternoon, indeed, might work for most. Please let me know what you think and send along your preferences. Provisionally, Friday, April 28th, is a possibility for next week's game and Lady Dar and I will host if that day is suitable. However, please note that this is not to suggest that gatherings will always be on Fridays from now on. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Million dollar view and bankrupt, (in terms of points for most hands), bridge players!


Any day of the week really okay for Gill and Phil. Preference not for Thursday as often long hike that day. Evenings in order of preference presently with best first are; Sat, Fri, Sun, Tues, Mon, Wed, Thurs,I am able to play at your place on the 28th if needed😊 My least favourite days to play are Tuesdays and Saturdays. Cheers Judy Hello Bridge folks, Just arrived in Internet Zone, and connecting to the world. Monday and Tuesday nights work for me. See you soon around the table, in the woods or on the bike. Jos Hi Bridge friends, I can play either Monday or Tuesday, whatever we decide. Jos, then you and I can car pool together. See you soon, hugs, Olly Hi happy bidders, As I don't play that often I can jump in anytime, but Wednesday's are my preferred. Cheers. Mike Patrick,

I am unable to play next Friday, April 28. I'll catch all of you the next week😊
Pam

Hello again, Bridge Roulette People! As I had expected, there really is no consensus as to day of the week, although Monday and Tuesday probably rank highest. That being the case, I think we will need to arrange on a week to week basis. That being the case, for next week, I will make an executive decision and declare that bridge will be on Friday, April 28th, at 611 Burns Street. As of this writing we have five players committed so Summerians and Naramata Goil please let me know if you are available and/or interested and we'll plan accordingly. Must away as I'm required to pour more wine for Lady Dar's dipso-maniacal Book Club! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment