Friday 7 April 2017

Lady Dar's Mah Jong Blues: Friday, April 7th!

The best portion of a good man's life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love. -William Wordsworth, poet (7 Apr 1770-1850)


Up at just after 8:00 am, an atypical rising time, but Lady Dar had to be up much sooner, to ready herself for her early morning PGH shift, so I was relieved of my kitten-feeding duties!

Hello, you two. Are you back from Alex's wedding by the 15th? David, Declan, Reuven and I will be traveling through your region to attend a party in OK Falls on the Saturday. (And then onto Vernon, to visit family.) Let me know if you're around for a visit. If not, I'll try to catch you on the way home. 😙Maya Hi Maya! Great to hear from you! Unfortunately, for me, at least, I won't be back until July 17th as I'm driving, to and from LA. Lady Dar is flying as she cannot be away for too long as her Marriage Officiant duties require her to be around. I will be going to the Folk Fest the weekend you will be passing through but I will be back if you decide to stop on return leg. I'm sure Lady Dar will be delighted to see you three, anytime, but let us know what you think about coming visit and we'll plan accordingly. At the moment she is discharging her early morning volunteer shift on the Info Desk at PGH. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Must away to play soccer with Duke! Etta is curled up on a chair, under the louvres, on the patio. She seems to like sleeping where it's coolish, but Rambunctious Boy usually demands constant attention, so great is his curiosity!
Fondestos to you and Marilyn, from Lady Dar,
in absentia, as, at the moment she is discharging her early morning volunteer shift on the Info Desk at PGH. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar's gluten-free cauliflower biscuits. Very, very tasty! Miss Etta, last night, on shower mat; new planter and tomatoe plants; Duke guarding the patio earlier this morning!


Hello Chloë! I am writing to say how sorry I am that I upset you so terribly when you were here with Pam. That was never my intention. At any rate, I certainly don't want my lack of sensitivity to be a roadblock between us so please understand that I love you very much and trust we can repair our relationship. Fondestos to you from your Mother, in absentia, as she is away playing Mah Jong. Love and Cheers, Dad!

Light, though steady, rain didn't really let up until about 2:30 pm but the fairly brisk wind, from the S/SE at between 31-14 kph, gusting to 45-40 kph, over my outing, certainly dried out the streets by the time I left the house at 3:30 pm. Day before, when I was back at the garage door, the clip on my left pedal fell off when I released my shoe. 

I thought I'd be able to tighten it when I left for today's ride BUT no dice. This being the case I rode down to Freedom to see what could be done. Not much except buy another pair of pedals as ones on the bike were originals so had seen about five years of fairly decent road work. Nikolevitich very quickly and efficiently changed the pedals and shortly after 4:00 pm, and 91 smackeroos later, I was back on the road. Forecast had predicted a thunderstorm around 6:00 pm so I decided I'd better stick reasonably close to home rather than face a lightening strike on Eastside, per esempio, Dear Reader! This being the case, I put my head down and resigned myself to the Gerbilization ahead.

In fact, things didn't go all that badly as the endless Hamster loops were discharged with the wind mainly at my back and I was both surprised and delighted to see that my AVG kept steadily creeping towards 23 kph as I ticked off the distance. In fact, by the time I was heading back towards PTC and the round-about by the PAG I was clocking an AVG of 23.2 kph! Wondered if I'd be able to keep it above the 23 kph mark with uphill on Ellis and fierce head wind so decided I'd take the back streets home and managed, by dint of luck and hard leg work, to slide into our driveway holding this desired speed! Couldn't have been more pleased, as you might well imagine, Dear Reader. First and foremost for the very fact that I'd been able to ride at all, given soggy day, and then to achieve the best AVG, over this distance, of the year! Hip Hip Hooray! Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1664070119#.WOg9eXzh65Q.email
 

Back inside to a wonderful smell wafting from the kitchen as Lady Dar was preparing a topping, (oniones, zucchini, garlic), for one of her fantabulous, home-grown pizzaa. Paired with a 2014 Painted Rock Sauvignon Blanc, 13.5%, we were set to watch last two episodes of Elementary. What a night! What a life!


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment