Wednesday 5 April 2017

Flatlanders Buck the SSE Wind Blues: Wednesday, April 5th!

It would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of one of those liberties which make the defense of our nation worthwhile. -Earl Warren, jurist (1891-1974) 


Lady Dar will need to wear warm clothes this morning when walking with The Flatlanders. Wind is whistling out of the SSE at between 23-26 kph so it will be chilly. I have yet to decided if I will brave the winds myself or opt for a deep-water walking session at the pool. Haven't been there, of late, with all the riding I've been doing and certainly do enjoy this activity. More bridge in Summerland tonight so looking forward to that. Josinta is hosting.
Hi Ms Thermomix! Thought you might enjoy this album! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thx Patrick - both Phil and i are coming as i'll miss my volunteer meeting. If you have room for us we'll car pool with you - be at your place 6.10. Gill Hi Jack Rabbit! Great news! We'll have your limo seats ready and waiting at 6:10 pm! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Ola Patrizzio! the food on the grill looks delicious and Pussy sleeps contently, what a peaceful sight. Thanks for all the latest adventures and events in your existence. LIFE!!. Not much news here, spent a ay again in PoCo to look after the little hellion Sebastian, but he is lovely, and i enjoy Roman's warm hugs for a thanks you.
 

Sun is still on vacation, lots of drops from heaven . Not very pleasant. It will be a day inside. Doing chores and later my little beautiful friend Takaya comes , she going to be 7 in a few weeks. She is of mixed race and gorgeous. She is bright and intelligent as well. She models and has been in some movies. An active little girl. So long for now until we right again. have a great time with all your adventures Always Gisela

Once again, the strong winds were howling out of the South at 18 kph when I left home at 2:30 pm. Had a bit of a tight schedule as we were playing bridge in the evening and I needed to be back by 5:00 pm, at the latest, in order to have a shower/change of clothes and a bite of supper before we car-pooled to Summeria. This being the case I knew The Gerbil Cage Loop was best bet, given time I had, so I resigned myself to my fate, popped a couple of Gravol and washed them down with a few slugs of the Single Malt I had in my water bottle, Dear Reader, jet fuel for the jet-stream I'd be bucking!

As soon as had reached the bottom of Riverside and zipped through the parking lot of the mini-mall there, I noticed, frustratingly, that I was now riding into the wind on way back to Lakeshore. Sure enough, [I checked when back home!], the wind had shifted, dramatically, and was now blowing out of the North at between 12-16 kph, gusting to 29 kph, over the duration of the ride! Was really pleased that I had not decided to ride to OK Falls as I would have had to buck the head wind both ways. At any rate, using the Hamster Run, inside the Gerbil Cage, I ticked off the mileage, making one trip back to PTC, after having 17 km, (one-third of day's distance), on the clock. While I had to really battle wind on way to PTC I whistled along when on return leg. 

Seemed to fall into a bit of a rhythm when I have done half of the distance, (26 km), I wanted to achieve and quite enjoyed trying to keep my AVG above 21 kph for rest of the ride, pushing myself reasonably hard whenever I had the wind at my back to build up credit that would inevitably fall away when I had to face the strong blasts. A few minor dipsy-doodles towards the end of the final loops off Power and I was set for last run to PTC and then home. Tough run up White, once I'd climbed Ellis, as wind seemed to be out of the NNE by then. Still, I held the AVG I wanted and was home just a few minutes after 5:0 pm, so all was well! Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1660624232#.WOZX4BO-C8o.email

Had just enough time to shower and change and have some delicious fresh pickerel for dinner before friends knocked on door. We took everyone to Summerland where we had loads of fun with two tables of bridge.


Hello Card Sharks! Thanks to Josinta for hosting! Fabulous nibblage and thanks, as well, to Justicia for delish Hedgehogs. I just sold my bridge prize, (DVD player!), on eBay, for $100 so certainly appreciate such a great junk! Congrats to Michaelo for having top score. However, given he did final, un-audited tally, hardly surprising!

Lady Dar and I will host next Wednesday, if everyone would like to play that evening. We cannot play on Tuesday so if group chooses that day, someone else will need to host. At any rate, please let me know your individual preferences and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Two tables in Summeria!
 

Hi Gisela! Adored your umbrellas but I think they have brought rain to the Okanagan as it is going to be wet all day, if forecast is correct! This being the case, we will make a run to Kelowna, to shop at Costco, once Lady Dar is back from a number of errands and meetings this morning. Glad I went for a ride yesterday! Must way as I need to to a few household chores before Lady Dar is back and we take off for Kelowna. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi Ragin'! Thanks for advice. Since it is going to be wet all day, tomorrow, if forecast is correct, we plan to make a run to Kelowna, to shop at Costco, and take Lady Dar's MacBook Air to Simply Computing, as you mention, once she is back from a number of errands and meetings that morning. You can test your shelf ponderings on her over course of drive here! Buona Fortuna!  Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment