Wednesday 21 March 2018

Bridge Brouhaha Blues: Wednesday, March 21st!

The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it. -Jean Paul Richter, writer (21 Mar 1763-1825)
 


Yes I would be happy to play tonite and would like a ride, Patrick 😊 I can meet you at your place as always tho. Judy Hi Judy Blue! Whatever is more convenient for you. However, as I mentioned, I'm happy to swing by your place. Just let me know. I'm off for a ride shortly but I'll check my email when back in order to plan accordingly. In any event, we should leave either place by 6:10 pm. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Patrick I will be at your place for 610. I am happy for the ride! See you tonite Judy

Hi Bridge friends, Sorry to let you know that I am still unable to come out to play tonight. Have a great evening! hugs, OllyI have a bad cold, not a good idea to play. Jos Is Bridge on tonight (Weds) at 6:30 at Spiller Rd? Pamela Hi all bridge friends, Yes we have been back from Cuba for over a week now, catching left over snow here (yah! sure...) , but seriously doing a few excellent snowshoeing at Apex over the last weekend. Right now back to a few, rather urgent house projects (finishing stairs to the garage, patio pergola design and construction - that one is a big undertaking). So, my play time will be limited for a while, but I can jump in if needed occasionally. Therefore keep me in the loop please, and hopefully see you on Monday’s hikes obviously. Cheers. Mike Hi All, I forgot to attach proof of our activities, so enjoy the view: Snow castle/disco
  
Hi Michaelo! Thanks for stunning photos! What a Winter Wonderland!! Missed you this evening on Spiller Road. Nevertheless, we had loads of fun. I didn't seem to have many cards so was quite delighted to make a Three Diamond bid, doubled by Naramata Goil, for a vulnerable game, most points for me for the night! Filipo acted as Jack Rabbit's bidding coach/consultant so although there were five of us, Judy Blue, as well, everyone had a chance to play, one way or another. Since I'm off to Europe on April 16th, for three months, [As I might have mentioned, a month of which will be two, two-week bike trips, first in Moravia, second out of Kraków], I'm trying to log as much cycling time as possible, beforehand. This being the case, I'm probably not going to be out on many hikes before I leave town. Anyway, all the best and I trust our paths will cross in the not too, too distant future, one way or another. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello High Altitude Bidders! Thanks so much to Jack Rabbit and Bridge Consultant Filipo for hosting such a grand evening. Thanks as well to Judy Blue for the delish hedgehogs and to Naramata Goil for wonderful grapes, not to mention Gilliana's junk food and chocolate cake! Not only was the game fun but we enjoyed catching up on local politics! As far as next week goes, Lady Dar and I are only available on Monday or Tuesday and can/would host either time. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: None to be had as Judy Blue was in such a rush to leave Burns Street that she pushed me out the door without my camera! Duke is not amused! Phil and I are good for either day. Either day works for me. Snif, snif....Jos Patrick, Of the two nights next week Monday night works best for me👍😊 Pam sorry to send out again but we would prefer Tuesday as I'm climbing with Kelsey in the pm till latish


Hello Qualicum Beach! Trust you are both well. Lady Dar and Chloë send Fondestos to Rely on Riera and Brunello! Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Hello Again, Fellow Fence Sitters and Wafflers! As it now turns out, Lady Dar and I can only play on Monday evening, as can Pamela and Josinta. If Olga Polga, Michaelo and Judy Blue can make it, we'd have seven, eight if Fast Filipo would like to leave Jack Rabbit behind. So let's wait to see who else emerges from the woodwork, until we are forced into a making a decision which Chaos Theory will inevitably reverse! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Hi all, I am not able to play on Monday. I am working a hockey game. Disappointed not to see you all But enjoy the cards Judy Xoxo 😘 Hi Patrick and the bridge gang ♠️♣️♥️♦️ I would gladly join you guys; when and where? Cheers
Mike


Many thanks for your Paddy card, Pat! For some mystifying reason I didn't see it until just now. Hope you are all doing well. I have been in the Valley for six weeks now. Three to go. Very peaceful compared to summer but I enjoy every moment of it. Hope to see you here some day. / Marcello  Hello Dom Marcello!
Trust you and Gianna are both well. Sorry we will miss seeing you before you return to Sweden. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Dear Elaine: I know Corinne sent an earlier message and I just wanted to reiterate her thoughts. As well, I have tried, unsuccessfully, to add a number of the pictures I'd taken on the 7's road trip, wine-tasting, in Napa and Sonoma, and chipping practice, outside Santa Cruz, on the beach there, during February, 2006, to the Photo Gallery. Unfortunately, I was unable to submit these records of our wonderful, wonderful time together, whether it was my efforts or the system's response to them. At any rate, I wanted you to have the pictures. Although I took the photographs, (or most of them), Andrew Hobbs very kindly forwarded them to me as my own copies are in an archive I cannot access at the moment. Again, much love to you all. Corinne, Chloë and Patrick! 

Hi Patrick, Thanks for sending these along! I tried to add them to the memory page as well and haven't had any success yet, but I think they review the photos before they allow them to be posted, so that might be why they aren't up yet. I'll keep an eye on the page to see if it gets updated. Kristina Hi Kristina! I noticed that both the text and pictures have now been posted. With the first posting both went up immediately, hence my confusion this last time. Anyway, glad that they are there. Much love to you and your sisters and Mom. Patrick.

This morning Lady Dar whipped up a wonderful omelletto with delish honey/apple cured bacon for breakfast and we enjoyed chatting while we ate. The Flatlanders were walking that morning so she bade goodbye to Ski before she left to join the group aroun 9:50 am. Ski and I continued to visit for a bit before she had a quick shower and then gathered up her possessions. She was ready to go by just before 11:00 am and we said our goodbyes then, thanking her for the wonderful visit. A few chores and such and I was ready to suit up for the day's ride. Quite sunny over the course of the morning but by the time I left the house, shortly after 1:00 pm, it was mostly cloudy. Temperature, 10º C, was quite comfortable, although wind, out of the NNE at 15 kph, made it a bit coolish when heading into it. This being the case, I made for Summerland as I wanted it to push me home! As well, had not ridden there yet and was curious to see how shoulders were. Turned out they were not too bad, although I had to dodge the odd mini-sandune or sprawl of gravel.

Steady traffic but I had expected as much, give time and day of the week. Pleased to see a fluffy marmot scampering over the large rocks of the edge-water along the lake, before Kickinee, dashing into its lair, I suppose. Otherwise, I was pleased to reach the quiet of Trout Creek and proceeded to thread my way through the community to where the dedicated bike/pedestrian path starts. I knew it was not yet open so I completed three loops from there back to Oak and around again. Two chaps were sitting in deck chairs, enjoying the sunshine, in front of one of the new homes, just down from the Summerland Beach RV park, and on my second loop I complained that I was doing all the work while they were drinking beer! They replied, "Slow down Sir!"

Had 38 km on the clock by the time I crossed 97 so I whizzed back to Penticton, the wind more than helping me along now, just as I'd planned. Had hoped I'd manage an AVG of 21 kph but having to fight the cross-wind along Lakeshore lost me a bit of speed Still pleased that I had upped my AVG from last best ride of 20.5 kph on March 18th. Cheers! Map and Stats for ride:


https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2570572633#.WrLo8ORvgH8.email

Thanks for the St Pats day card.  I am still not sure my emails are getting thru so hope ypu had a great day. Cheers From down below Hi Ms and Mr Fixits! Glad you enjoyed card! Must apologize for not being in touch sooner! You were at the top of my list as of your message of February 19th with snapolas of wonderful work on your beach property house. Then Life intervened! We were still in California, at that time and we on our way back to Vancouver, arriving in Penticton on February 25th. Stayed with Flamin' and Sarge over that weekend but have been back there, twice in last two weeks. 

First, by myself, to attend Dram Come True, a VWF fund-raiser on the Friday and then two days of Rugby '7's for the rest of the weekend. Last week we both drove into Vancouver for a Celebration of Life for a dear, dear friend who died two days after we visited him, in hospice, when we came through Vancouver from California. This past Sunday, a very close friend, Ski, (aka as Rhoda), came to visit for a few days. She lives in Cape Breton and was holidaying in Hawaii, with her husband, who returned to Sydney, Nova Scotia, while she stayed to visit with friends and family in BC. She just left this morning. We had two glorious rides on the KVR while she was here. I went for a terrific ride, after she left, this afternoon, making for Summerland as wind was out of the north and I wanted it to push me home! Need to log as much distance as I can as I'm off to Europe on April 16th for three months, two two-week bike tours as part of the extended stay. (Brochures attached.) Must away as I'm playing bridge this evening. Lady Dar is off to her book club. Fondest from her and Chloë, just home from work. Cheers, Patrizzio!

PS: Tell Claire I had a friendly note from Jenne, in Brisbane for a few months. Are you in touch? Pics: Sarge at Dram; Marvin, Lady Dar and Flamin' two weekends ago; dinner with Ski this past Sunday; Ski on KVR on Monday, with me. Terravista Winery behind, one of our favourites! KVR along Skaha Lake on Tuesday. Poplar Grove after ride! Hi again, Brisbanites! Forgot to attach biking brochures! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks for the St party Day card, hope you had a good one and more.  Hi Eyob and Famiglia! Trust you are well and all the best for the Easter Weekend. Pleased you liked the card. Cheers, Patrizzio!


We would love to have our friends Patriiiizzzzio and Lady Dar join us for the following (we actually know you love this sort of thing): Next week on March 28, 7:00pm Shawna Caspi is performing in Our Coffee House in Kelowna, Time: 7:00pm, Admission: $10. Address: Marmalade Cat Cafe, 2903 Pandosy St #103. Venue phone: 250-861-4158. 7:00pm open mic. 8:30pm feature set. Presented by the Kelowna Arts Council.

She is impressive, she can actually play the guitar and has a beautiful voice, which is not what many others who are more famous can say. It is a cosy coffee shop, cannot reserve, just called them, they say be there early, like 6:30pm, they have 50 seats, great venue, lots of atmosphere. Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELFGg65oL4

Are you in for it. Let us know please. Josinta & Aarturo look her up on the internet: http://www.shawnacaspi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/01-Love-in-a-Moving-Van.mp3 Kisses from Josinta & Aarturo
Hello Summerlandia! Thanks for the lovely invitation! We'd be delighted to join you. I assume we'll take one car so what time should we arrive at your place? Will we have a bite or dinner at Marmalade Cat Café or? Let us know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! Soopydoop! We'll drive. The Marmalade Cat Cafe does not have dinner but there are several nice ones very close by on Pandosy. Good idea to go earlier and have dinner. We'll discuss time later. Aart

Hello Famiglia Coffaro! Trust everyone is well and that you will enjoy the coming Easter Weekend. Not quite sure what the new changes mean for us and can't quite figure out best "deal" so please advise!  Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics:  We now own a Fractional Condo at Spirit Ridge so please  come and stay in Luxury! Sheer Luxury!!!!

It's that time again for some great deals on dress shirts, sports shirts, sweaters, suits, sports jackets, pants and more from Leo Chevalier, Viyella, Sotta Sopra, S. Cohen and Cavori.  This year we have acquired Bugatti Mens clothing and have lots of Fall samples available in this great new line. Please join me for my sample sale starting this weekend.Where:  FX Building, 222-1951 Glen Drive, Vancouver When:  Sunday - March 25, 11 am to 2 pm (please call my cell for access through the gate which will be closed)
Monday, March 26 - Wednesday, March 28, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm See you there! Hi Stormin' and Famiglia! Trust everyone is well. Sorry I missed the last sale but I have enough threads to last me a lifetime! We now own a Fractional Condo atSpirit Ridge so come and stay! Cheers, Patrizzio! Very nice and thank you Patrick! Will we see you out hiking one day soon? Hi St Kilian! Pleased you enjoyed card. However, much as I regret it, I don't think I'll be hiking until late Fall, if then, as I'm having my right shoulder replaced on July 26th. Well before that I'm flying to Paris on Monday, April 16th, back in Vancouver on July 10th. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë to you, St Kilian. Take carre of yourself until next our hiking paths cross.  Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hello Zamir, The new estimated date of completion is now August 31st 2018. How does this impact the mortgage? Please advise what we need to do moving forward. Thanks Zamir. Okay; contact me at the end of May and we will update the approval and conditions. Chat soon, zamir

No comments:

Post a Comment