Saturday 24 March 2018

Snow, Snow Go Away, Come Again Another Day Blues: Saturday, March 24th!

 What a strange machine man is! You fill him with bread, wine, fish, and radishes, and out come sighs, laughter, and dreams. -Nikos Kazantzakis, poet and novelist (18 Feb 1883-1957)


Lazy sleep-in, listening to the radio, until almost 8:15 am, to find it was snowing/sleeting! Flakes and ice didn't stick but it was very wet and very chilly. Both Etta and Duke were not happy either. Am hoping roads will dry out a bit later as I'd really like to ride today. Might hit the KVR again if streets are wet as my Brodie has fenders but not my Trek. We have a number of wineries to visit to collect Spring releases so plan to ride after Lady Dar and I make pick-ups.

Hi all, I am not able to play on Monday. I am working a hockey game. Disappointed not to see you all But enjoy the cards Judy Xoxo šŸ˜˜ Hi Patrick and the bridge gang ♠️♣️♥️♦️ I would gladly join you guys; when and where? Cheers
Mike Good suggestion from Corinne to have a set scheduled night each week for bridge. Suggested one week Tuesday and the next week Wednesday. Corinne and Patrick are generally flexible with no specific commitments - same for Phil and I except Thursday not good. However another suggestion is we each take turns hosting and the host chooses a night and that's it! Anyways, for those who have issues with either Tuesday or Wednesday, perhaps communicate with each other and decide yourselves which is the best night... Tuesday, Wednesday, alternate Tuesday/Wednesdays or possibly even another night? See you soon Gill Depending on numbers I might be able to join you if you need another person. I wouldn't at present as it looks like you have 5 and 6 not a good number!! Gill Hi bridge friends, I am ok for this coming Monday if it is indeed to go. Cheers Mike


Hello Monday Night Bridge Folk! Yes, the game is on of this coming Monday, at 611 Burns Street, at 6:30 pm. So far we have Michaelo, (Welcome back, from Cuba, Sky Surfer! Fabulous pictures indeed!), Pamelina, Lady Dar and Patrizzio confirmed. I believe Josinta and Rolly Polly can/will come so if Jack Rabbit plays we'll have seven, two tables if Fast Filipo can be persuaded to join gang. Laura, you should drop by to watch and learn! Those not yet confirmed, please let me know if you will be attending. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Sir Andrew and Famiglia Carter! Just wanted to thank you, again, for sending along the snaps of our road-trip with Ted. They have now been posted to the Photo Gallery. Can hardly believe how time is flying by since we saw you last Friday. We will spend Easter weekend at Spirit Ridge, along with Famiglia Sutherland, our first stay in the recreational property, (Fractional Condo! Never, ever, say "Time Share"!), we purchased this past November. Another reason to visit and stay in Luxury! Sheer Luxury!
Plan to ride today as am trying to log as much distance as I can before leaving, in preparation for riding in Europe, although I'm not particularly worried about daily distances, 35-65 km, the sorts of undemanding, comfortable distances preferred by Famiglia Carter! Fondestos from Lady Dar, off to collect Spring releases from Upper Bench, Township 7 and 8th Generation, and ChloĆ«, off to Kelowna for Saturday night, with a girlfriend. All the best and Cheers, Il Conduttore!

In fact, the day turned out quite nicely. By 3:00 pm front street looked completely dry so I suited up and headed out. Around 4:30 pm sun even came out and rest of ride was a delight, although not still not T-shirt weather. While I was cycling Lady Dar was busy collecting Spring releases from Upper Bench, Township 7 and 8th Generation. ChloĆ« was off to Kelowna for Saturday night, with Katie, her close girlfriend, from Vernon. Bright and sunny this morning and with wind out of the south I plan to ride to OK Falls later this morning so it will be at my back when I'm making my way home. You will notice I have attached a snap of my prized adjustable clamps! They worked perfectly when a strip of wood, the drawer stop, under the counter top, came loose. At this rate, I'll be building furniture soon! Fondestos from Lady Dar, off to Oasis United, shortly, to you both. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Clamps! Lady Dar at Penticton Art Gallery exhibition opening last night with friends; back home with a book and Miss Etta!

Pics: Penticton Art Gallery Exhibition, Ipseity, opening, which included the Matrimonial Union of John Archer and Doug Bertz. As a Marriage Officiant, Lady Dar was curious to see ceremony; with friend, Robin, and her husband, from her Book Club, afterwards; back home,  with a book and a cat and then asleep with Miss Etta!


Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2576868993#.Wrb21OpPm3M.email


Hello, Patrizzio! With your hectic schedule, thought I should drop you a quick reply now, as you will obviously be gone for quite some time. Do I read between the lines that the Paris and European excursions are solo trips, or is Corinne coming with you and you just glossed over that?

I had no idea you would be having a shoulder replacement, didn't you have a knee done not so long ago,? Or was it a hip? It does suggest you are making progress on your goal of becoming The Bionic Man, if that is the goal. Will it get to the point we won't recognize you, because you are composed entirely of foreign parts?

Your story about the swimming pool and all the kids made me laugh, if only because I have had a similar experience although it wasn't children that had me in stitches. I finally managed to get it together to take up swimming again, used to do it all the time but had got out of the way for a few years. There is a fairly good community pool about a 10 minute walk from my house and so I go there. The first time I went, I went for what is known as Adult Leisure Swim, which happens to be free. I was rather puzzled as to why they were dividing the pool
in half horizontally because, as you know, lane dividers usually go lengthwise up and down the pool.

I soon found out. Within minutes of Adult Leisure Swim beginning, the shallow end was full of adults and when I say full, a mean FULL, because most of them are grossly corpulent, and all they do is stand around and chat. It was like wading pool for adults. And the noise level!! I went to the deep half of the pool and just swam circles for the time I was in the pool. When I got out, the lifeguard came and suggested to me that they do have lane swim as well (hint! hint!) so when I went back out to reception, I said: The lifeguard and I have
decided that lane swim is probably better for me, and signed up for that. And that is what I have been doing ever since!

Can't say that I've got any striking news to share, just jogging along here, hoping that the winter will soon be over. We've had gloriously sunny weather and looking outside from inside, it suggests one should be out sitting in the park but of course it's far too cold for that. I have joined in new walking group and we went for a 10K walk this morning, a little bit further west of here and then down to the lake and back up through High Park. It was great weather for walking.

I continue to keep busy managing my buildings, haven't done any acting lately, and I'm thinking I might take a break from it to concentrate more on my writing, simply because with the writing I can get on with it. Acting involves masses of waiting around and does not make particularly good use of time. It also relies rather heavily on other people and I'm kind of fond of getting on with things.

Hope all the cycling excursions go well and that you manage to stay on your bike and come home unscathed. Keep me posted. I don't know if I will be able to volunteer for corkscrew duty but would certainly like to visit you in your new digs one of these days (but doubt it will be anytime soon). Regards to everyone but especially Lady Dar! Deborah
 

What exactly are you having done! I had a 3cm tear in the supraspinatus tendon. Commonly called a rotator cuff repair. My operation was 5 days ago and I am still taking Tramadol for the pain. My arm is in a sling for 6 weeks, is this what you are expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment