Sunday 25 March 2018

Sunny Skies Sleeps All Morning Blues: Sunday, March 25th!

We lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves. -Eric Hoffer, philosopher and author (1902-1983) 


Chloe Alexis Dunn Hiked up to the top of Knox Mountain.....it was a steep go but worth it!!! #40+#kickasswomen#catfish #nothungoveranymore — with Katie Maness Hansford at Knox Mountain Park.

Good morning Seeing a couple of places today! I remember Rhoda, wasn't she also friends with or related to my 7th grade teacher, Martha and her husband Will? The one who was always telling me not to be bold in class Lol? The rains have finally passed on through here and we got away with little trouble over mudslides overall. I might have a little secret but can't say much just yet...more to come Love Ayn Hi Ms Tinsel Town! I don't know if Ski/Rhoda knew Martha and Will. I'll have to ask her when next I send her a message. This was when you were at OLPH? Happy House Hunting! Cheers, Down-payment Nana/Poppa!

Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2579529608#.WrgxwpRmV5I.email

Hello bridge player friends, Sorry to cancel bridge, but my cold is not a cold but a nasty flu. I won't be able to play. Jo Hi to everyone from Abbotsford. We should be home tonight and I can play tomorrow (Monday). Mike I can meet you at IGA at 6:20 and I can drive. Please let me know. Jos, best wishes for a speedy recovery and will see you soon. Corinne and Patrizzio thank you for hosting and we’ll see you tomorrow. Hugs to all, Olly So I see you have 5 so far and if so I won't come as that would be 6 with me - not a good number. If it is different then I would come See you soon Gill Hello Monday Bidders! To date we have five people, (Olga Polga, Michaelo, Pamelina, Lady Dar and Patrizzio), confirmed. If both Jack Rabbit and Filipo will play we will have seven. Judy Blue has to work a Vee's game and Josinta is still suffering from a nasty flu. Spiller Folk please apprise us of your intenziones and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, I won't be attending thanks - after hiking I'll fall asleep in the evening. Gill says she has already respond. Hope the cards run well. Cheers.
Phil
Hi Sleepy Hollow Folk! Sorry you won't be able to join us. See you soon, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio!

The Vees won the game on Saturday nite so the final game of this round is being played on Monday nite so I will be working. Enjoy the cards and comradery šŸ˜Š It was fun seeing you Saturday nite. We stayed until about 1030.and enjoyed the drag show. Judy Ps Thxnks for drinks Hi Judy Blue! Lovely to meet Vanessa. Glad you enjoyed the drag show. Great snap! Unfortunately, one I took of you two didn't turn out. Photographer obviously had too, too much to drink! Glad he gave away his last two tickets! When I heard the Vees had won, I knew you were out. We'll miss you. See you both soon, I trust. Go Vees, Go! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: PAG and aftermath!

Hi to all, It saddens me to receive this news and to be sharing it with you. Re: our friend, an exceptional man, a hiker supreme, a proud Old Farts member, eventually graduating to the Slow Farts and beyond. Jud has died while visiting Louise's son in Japan. We have no more information other than this fact. As we learn further, we will try to keep you informed. Some of you will not have known Jud, but I include my entire list in the interests of expediency. Also, Aart is sharing this with his Monday list, so some may get this information twice. Please understand. We wish Louise all the strength needed to get through these very difficult times. Regards, Jim and Al

Yesterday afternoon, Maria and Gary came over for a visit. They live in a condo complex which is in ChloĆ«'s portfolio and a few weeks ago she attended one of the strata meetings. Afterwards she chatted with Gary and discovered they shared a connection with Winnipeg. One thing led to another and when she mentioned that her mother, Corinne Durston, had lived in Steinback Gary realized that she had married Ayn's father, John, a very close high school friend. Gary was also at United College/University of Winnipeg but we didn't know each other, in part as we were only there for one year, at the same time. Quite a coincidence. Second relationship for both of them.

While Lady Dar and Gary caught up, Maria and I chatted. She is originally from Croatia and I happened to mention that one of our favourite wineries is Terravista and Senka, the winemaker/owner, is also Croatian. Turns out Maria knows her very well, not so much because of the Croatian connection but more due to the fact that they both lived in Oliver, smaller community about an hour south of us, for many years, before moving to Penticton. Come to Penticton, the centre of the known universe!

Thanks Dunners. Best to you and Corinne. I am still playing dubs squash. Nationals in Vancouver in mid April. Playing with bruce.. Cheers Peps Hi Mama Ruffino's Favourite Son! Great to hear from you and know you are well and still playing squash. Buona Fortuna to you and Bruce. Please pass along best wishes to him. I fly to Paris on April 16th, for three months, back in Vancouver on July 10th. Lady Dar will stay home to marry people! Will be on two, two week guided bike tours, first in Czech Republic and secong in Poland. Glasgow will join me on that one. All the best to you and Linda from Lady Dar and ChloĆ«.  Take care of yourselves. Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Pat, Managed to get all the turf off with Chris's help and not too much physical discomfort. Sylvia has completed the planting and it should develop well over time. No more grass to cut at the front. Spent a couple of hours this afternoon, after my weekly workout in West Van with an old friend, planting more onions and some sweet peas. The garlic, planted in October, is doing very well. Preparing the rest of the soil ready for broad beans and sugar snap peas later this week.
 

There is a proposal to build a new swimming in the area around Kits Community Center. This would work well for me but I'm sure there will be lots of opposition especially if there is a loss of playing fields and then there is the parking problem. Mike Carter and I are looking at the possibility of playing some pickleball. The Community Centers offer it and we will take a look at Kits this week. There is also a court already established at Q.E.

Margaret is the one who fell off the side of the mountain at Machu Picchu. She has recovered very well and does regular exercise with Sylvia. Her eldest son was the boyfriend of one of Ted's daughters when they were both at Kits.
Sylvia is now a qualified Pilates instructor and she intends to apply her physio knowledge with Pilates to do some work with older participants. She is watching the Juno's at the moment and I'm about to get back to Burke's new book, 'Robicheau'.
 

Hope you are able to strengthen the muscles around the shoulder prior to your replacement. Just fielded a call from Jim Crowe in Saigon. He has an assignment with a university there and he is flying back to Sydney tonight. The cycling trip sound s good. Certainly enough distance to keep fitness levels OK. Ray Hi Raymond or should I say Pickleball Man! Great to hear from you and know that Chris' help with turf kept your back strong for pickleball! I know scads of friends who enjoy it immensely. Buona Fortuna to you and Mick, the new doubles champs! Jim certainly doesn't want to take life easy, does he! All the best to you and Sylvia from Lady Dar and ChloĆ«.  Take care of yourselves. Cheers, Patrizzio!





No comments:

Post a Comment