Thursday 29 March 2018

Lady Dar and Chloë Decamp to Spirit Ridge Blues: Thursday, March 29th!

Kindness is always fashionable. -Amelia Barr, novelist (29 Mar 1831-1919)


Bit of a rough night with Night Owl Duke, agitating to go out, first pestering Chloë at 1:30 am, then moving to our bedroom at 2:00 am. Managed to dissuade him with a sharp rebuke but I gather he caused so much fuss, two hours later, that Chloë let him out, in sheer frustration. When she was finally up, readying herself for work, she let both of them back in, around 7:30 am, feeding their their breakfast then. With a full tummy, Duke then returned to our bathroom where he agitated for a drink from the sink faucet, flipping some of Lady Dar's jewelry, watches and glasses onto the floor. When she clambered out of bed, to halt the carnage and turn the water tap on, he drank his fill and then proceeded to wash his front paws, quite fastidiously, under the stream of water issuing from the faucet. Some people's felines!

Wow. It was so good to see all three of you. You are such good and special people. You know so much about how to be good to others. It was great to have time with you. Of course it is never long enough, so I left wanted more and longer time together. Love you all. I hope your trip to Europe goes great. Stay well. Ride safe. and remember there are people all over caring about well being.

I am attaching another note I composed for a mailing today--of very special interest to Hatters: Medicine Hat author Mark Sakamoto has become the 2018 winner of CBC Canada Reads for his book Forgiveness. Most of you will know the book and have met the author who now lives in Toronto. But for those of you who missed it, I suggest you read it this week. If you read from a screen you can get it on your device immediately. But if you shop at Coles you will need to move quickly before it sells out. Don"t miss it! Sorry to be such a promoter (no I am not!). Have a great day everyone. Jim Hillson


Hi Zircon! Thanks for your kind words and best wishes. Glad you are safely back in The Hat and shamelessly promoting its citizenry! Congratulations, indeed, to Mark Sakamoto. However, you are in Lady Dar's bad books, so to speak, as when she returned from yoga class I told her the exciting news, not realizing you were in a different time zone! She was not amused! At least you will now have a tad more sympathy for much maligned Patrizzio. Trust you will enjoy the Easter weekend.  Happy Easter Egg Hunting with your granddaughters! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Let me see if I got this right. I broke the news to you about the Canada Reads winner before the Canada Reads broadcast came to the Pacific Time Zone so I blew the suspense for Corinne. Now I must confess...Actually my crime is even worse than simply living in the Mountain Time Zone. My CBC radio listening is nearly always via cbc.ca streaming. In this case I caught the Eastern Time Zone live stream of Canada Reads so I was two hours ahead for my Mountain Time Zone and three hours ahead of your Pacific Time broadcast. Hence I definitely owe you an apology for getting you in the bad books of your good spouse. I take full responsibility for my sins of commission and omission.

However--I also am impudent enough to ask Why are you still listening to over-the-air broadcasts? Even CBC broadcasters themselves do all their listening via .ca. Anna Marie Tremonte says she doesn't own a radio! That's what your phone is for! Happy Easter. 


Hi Mad Hatter! LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS THIS RIGHT: YOU BROKE THE NEWS OF THE  CANADA READS WINNER AND SOMEHOW IT IS MY FAULT! Furthermore, and perhaps far worse, you go on to castigate me for being a Luddite, berating me for not owning a mobile phone, You selfie junkies, You! I adore Anna Maria Tremonte but I spit on the fact that she doesn't own a radio. I often live in surround sound, having a radio on in up to three rooms at a time, driving Lady Dar nuts! I only do it as revenge for the fact that she watches The Young and the Useless! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Maria and Gary! Trust your drive/ferry crossing went well and you are already enjoying watching the waves roll in on Long Beach! Enjoy the weekend. Here, The Bench may be very busy as I see all the Tasting Rooms will be open. Plan to do some wine-tasting, in and around Osoyoos and up towards Oliver, ourselves. With bike rack on our car, myself and anyone who wants to do so, will ride to a selected winery to meet support vehicle! Lady Dar and Chloë are driving down later today but I won't go until Friday morning, when I'll ride. Will send what I need, (clothes, toiletries, etc.), with them so I'll be able to achieve warp speed! Trust our paths will cross again, in the not too, too distant future. Fondest from Lady Dar, busy packing up foodstuffs for meals this weekend. Cheers to you both, Patrizzio! Pics: 51st Steinbach Reunion!

Hi Patrick—Thanks for the additional input. I can’t believe how close you are to your departure either. It’s odd (and I think I’ve mentioned this before) but when we are away for any length of time, e.g., in Palm Desert, it’s as though that time doesn’t really pass. I’m still thinking it is the beginning of February instead of the beginning of April! Have a Happy Easter and a good time “down south” for the weekend. We’ll see you soon. Cheers, Lynnie XO How about Tuesday, April 10th? This gives us all time to recover from Easter indulgences and is (hopefully) not going to coincide with last-minute preparations for Patrick’s big adventure. Do you think Chloe would like to join us oldsters? She’s surely more than welcome. Shall we say a 6:00 p.m. start time? Looking forward to a “last supper” … for awhile. Cheers, Lynnie

Hi again, Rip Van Winkle Lynne! I wish I could wake up the day before I leave and have all my jobs complete! Anyway, Tuesday, April 10th is just fine for me. I've looked on our "joint" calendar on the kitchen wall and nothing is penciled in for that date. However, I cannot speak for The Sisterhood, (Very kind and generous of you to include Chloë, so thanks for that.), as I'm sure you can appreciate and would most certainly approve of! They both left after 3:00 pm this afternoon and I won't see them until tomorrow when I ride to Spirit Ridge. [Just checked tomorrow's forecast and looks like there might be a few showers late in the afternoon, here, but Osoyoos is supposed to be dry.] However, they may well reply before then if they read their messages. If not, I'll mention your suggested date and we'll be in touch. [Tuesday at 6 pm is great. Will see if Chloe is available she often has strata meetings in the evening. I'll let you know. Happy Easter, Corinne]

Just Etta and Duke for company this evening but they both like the same Netflix series, [We are currently watching Babylon Berlin and enjoying it immensely.], so who could ask for more! I've already sent a message to the Easter Bunny, informing him where we will be this weekend, so I trust he will read his messages! Enjoy the weekend. As you are probably aware, The Bench may well be very busy as I see all the Tasting Rooms will be open. Plan to do some wine-tasting, in and around Osoyoos and up towards Oliver, ourselves. With bike rack on our car, myself and anyone who wants to do so, will ride to a selected winery to meet support vehicle! Thanks again. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

We are here and unloaded. Chloe is off shopping with Nichol. I have a key for you. What time do you think you will be here?? Enjoy your Netflix! Hugs Corinne
Hello Convertible Woman! Pleased to hear you both arrived without incident. I plan to leave by 10:00 am, at the latest, perhaps earlier if The Boy has anything to do with it! Don't want to jinx things but forecast shows that the wind should be at my back, at least as far south as Oliver, so happy about that. If this is the case I should be at Spirit Ridge between 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm, perhaps sooner if forecast holds. Will you leave the key at the Front Desk? Probably easiest if you want to go out, wine-tasting and/or shopping. Please don't worry about staying in if there are things you'd and others would like to do. [Did you take cards?]

Just finished vacuuming and laying the fire. I won't have time for Netflix as I want to send messages to Jamie, everyone in Switzerland, Maggie and Patrick. Janet may well have some connections in Poland so I'd like to ask her for more Freeloading possibilities! Heard back from both Derek and Penny and I will now go to Cornwall, from Paris and then to London. My arrival date and their travel dates just, and only just, dovetail so I now need to figure out train/bus connections or see if a rail-pass makes financial sense. Also have some questions for Rosemary/Andre. Must away as I want to have a shower and then have dinner before more scribing. Hello to Clan Sutherland. Love to you and Chloë from Etta, Duke and their servant! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks for the update and definitely up for some bridge the next time you are in town…. have played a little with some neighbours so I can remain in top spot!!!. Away April 10 - 26th….off to Toronto for conference & lots of visits and then a road trip with good friend Serena …. driving from Toronto to Sussex, NB and then off to Nova Scotia for visit and explorations with # 1 son. Look forward to seeing you all soon. Hugs and Cheers, S Hi O'Susana! Lovely to hear from you and know you are up for bridge! Your travel plans sound fabulous! Bravo!! Onward!!! With respect to cards, more than delighted to have you in the loop. Unfortunately, it probably won't be until July as I'm flying to Paris on Monday, April 16th, returning July 10th! [Lady Dar will stay home to marry people!] However, I will probably go into Vancouver for the weekend before as Chloë is driving in to spend time with friends there but you will be away.

This being the case I wonder if I could ask your travel advice regarding trains/buses/ferries, [I don't really want to fly but if it is a cost-effective alternative, perhaps a better way to travel.], from Paris, (CDG), to Calais/Dover to Truro. I'd appreciate any suggestions and then bookings if you do them. I've been looking at the Brit Rail website and I'm wondering if a pass might be a good idea, given the number of stops, 4 or 5, I plan/might make. My itinerary is reasonably flexible, other than I want to leave for France at the end of April.  
Once back in France and have had my bike serviced I will continue on to Berne, Vienna and Prague before my first bike trip begins in the Czech Republic, in Brno, Moravia, wine-country, on May 16th. May 28th second guided bike trips begins in Krakow, ending on June 10th. After that I'd like to take train to Aarhus, in Denmark. Would probably fly, (return), from there to Oslo, without my bike as I plan, at least as of this writing, to leave it back in Chabeuil. If it's Tuesday it must be Belgium! Anyway, any help or advice you can provide would be certainly appreciated. Much affection and Cheers to you, my Darling O'Susana, Patrizzio! 

Dear Patrick, Have a great trip! Regarding regional travel in Paris… suggest you contact a FLIGHT CENTRE office they will be able to give you best suggestions and book what woks best for you. Love to all S. Hi again, O'Susana! Thanks for the tremendous advice. I did contact Flight Centre here in Penticton and am very happy with the suggestions and subsequent bookings. Much appreciate you pointing me in their direction. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hey Patritzio, Have good Easter break tho not really required as you are on a permanent break any way. We liked the look of your bike tours however you can’t have too many Easter eggs lest you get over weight. Cheers From here
Hello Pot Calling the Kettle Black! Look who's talking about being on a permanent break! From what Antonio mentioned, you never even worked when you were reputed to work! Lovely to hear from you and know you are well and remain in caustic fine form! Trust you will enjoy the Easter weekend, wherever you are, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fiji!
Happy Easter Egg Hunting! [I picked up an egg colouring kit yesterday as Lady Dar will be helping with Flamin's four grandchildren!] Cheers, Patrizzio! 
 
Hi Patrizio Just checked dates and your plan looks good. We are back from Ireland on 21st April so will be home from 22nd to 2nd May - going to see a play with Beryl on 25th but Madcap will be around. We go to Grantham on 3rd May then to Derby on 4th and back on 5th May. Too early in day for chatting! See you soon xx Hello Dubliners! Thanks for quick reply even though it was too, too early for you. All that burning the candle at both ends is starting to catch up with you, obviously! Appreciate knowing what I'm likely to face, alone with Madcap and a bottle of Irish Whiskey! Sounds like a recipe for unmitigated disaster, a terrible hangover at the best!  Happy Easter Egg Hunting! Cheers, Patrizzio! 
  
Hello Cadboro Bay Folk! Thanks for the terrific card! Lovely to hear from you.
Happy Easter Egg Hunting! Cheers, Patrizzio! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment