Monday 12 March 2018

Marcus Aurelius SIngs The Whirlygig Blues: Monday, March 12th!

Whenever you commend, add your reasons for doing so; it is this which distinguishes the approbation of a man of sense from the flattery of sycophants and admiration of fools. -Richard Steele, author and editor (12 Mar 1672-1729)


Hello Goils, Etta and Duke! Whirlygig just left so I'm off!  Just past 11:00 am so I expect to be home by 5:00 pm, or sooner, depending on road conditions and traffic. Love, Dad/Patrizzio!

Had a very busy weekend, what with Dram and then two full days of Rugby '7's. Drive back went very well on Monday and I was home by 4:00 pm, having not left until just after 11:00 am, visiting with good friend Whirlygig, [He now lives on Galiano but happened to be in Vancouver for weekend.], until then and stopping at Costco in Abbotsford, for gas and groceries.

Hi Patrick We need to talk about your trip. Servicing of bike? How to get the bike to you. We will be gone most of April and you are arriving on the tenth,,,, etc. We gave you a call yesterday, we will call you today. cheers Andre Hi Rosemary and Andre!

Thanks for trying to get in touch. As you now know, I was in Vancouver over the weekend, staying with Flamin' and Sarge. VWF Dram Come True on Friday night and then two days of Rugby '7's, Saturday and Sunday. In fact, speaking of my bike, I ordered, from Reckless, near GI, the special pannier rack for the Montague when we passed through Vancouver a few weeks ago and collected it this past Friday. 


I arrive in Paris on April 17th, not the 10th, as you mentioned in your message. If you are uncomfortable with me staying in the house while you are away, I understand. I have enough flexibility in my schedule that I can go to London to visit friends there and then return to Chabeuil in time to have my bike serviced before I make my way to Switzerland, etc. My first guided bike tour starts on May 13th in Brno, Czech Republic so if I don't collect my bike a few days, or so, after I arrive in Paris, ideally I'd like to do so, and have it serviced, as close to date you return, so that I still have a bit of time to see friends in Berne, before making my way to Brno. Anyway, you can mull this over and we can chat when next you call. We'll be home most of the day as Lady Dar has a contractor coming at 1:00 pm to discuss our plans for an extension of the living room rather like what we did with Dusty at The Island Inn.  Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Pics: Painting I bought at Silent Auction at Dram; Sarge updating standings, Sunday morning; Scotland trounced Canada on way to win Challenge Cup, over Spain, in final, pool of those teams that did not advance to medal pool. Fiji took Gold over Kenya while South Africa defeated the US for Bronze.
Whirlygig just before I left town. Hehappened to be in town over weekend as well and he popped by for a brief visit this morning. Had a flat just as he rode under Granville Bridge! He took it to Reckless and we chatted, at Harbour Terrace, while it was being fixed.

Tummler, good to reconnect - albeit a way-too-short visit. We are counting on a visit from you and C to the Republic - if that has to be in the fall, so be it. Safe travels to the celebration. I will toast to Ted on that day. Hope to see you and C sometime soon. Let us know when you are back in town before your big trip.
Fond regards to all, W&CJ

  
Hi Old Farts, This Thursday, I am going to have a shot at simple snowshoeing. Today I was out for 4 hours on the Monday hike…I’m sore but satisfied enough to give Thursday a go. For anyone who wishes to join in, we will: -meet at 0900 at IGA parking lot in Summerland (0840 at Home Hardware parking lot in Penticton) -carpool and drive to Wilson Lake ski trails. They are off the road from Princeton to Brenda Mines (about 14km beyond the end of pavement, I think). -snowshoe! It is possible that the snow might be a bit thin in places. I’d suggest we be prepared to hike rather than snowshoe if necessary. But I think we will likely have enough snow, -return, stopping somewhere for a debriefing and a coffee. Do you wish to join in? If so, I’d appreciate it if you’d let me know. Looking forward to a great day! Cheers, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment