Saturday 21 April 2018

Bedruthan Steps Blues: Saturday, April 21st!

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -Charles Darwin, naturalist and author (1809-1882)


Hello Everyone! Just back from another fabulous outing, this time to Bedruthen Steps, so only a short note as I'm in great need of a shower. As well, Gayle has very kindly offered to launder my hiking clothes so that I can pack tonight for trip to London, tomorrow at 10:35 am. Day was absolutely gorgeous, warmer today than yesterday, and it was 23ยบ C when we drove home. More details to follow later about yesterday's hike but wanted to show you where we'd been. Best wishes from Gayle and Derek. Fondestos and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! Pics: Wonderful, wonderful dinner with Gudrun and Stefano last night! Wonderful pics, it is such a beautiful area! Looks right out of Goodbye Christopher Robin xoxo Map and Stats for hike:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2640917451#.WttiqXLXiMU.email



In addition to the great photos Vlad sent around .... this is one that will stay in my memory for ever! He was suddenly gone ... then he popped up on the ridge! Almost exactly 4 years ago. Jim, can you do the same, send it on to Louise, I am not sure I have her personal email address. Cheers, Aart Hi folks, It was wonderful to see so many of you at Jud’s memorial. I think it shows just how much he meant to us. And I know that Louise very much appreciated it.

And now to business. This Thursday, we will scale the heights of Wild Horse Mountain, north of Summerland. It appears that the weather gods will be smiling on us! We will: -meet at IGA parking lot in Summerland at 0900 (0840 at Home Hardware north parking lot in Penticton). -carpool and make our way to Garnet Valley. We will park near the Summerland shooting range. -hike Wild Horse Mountain and possibly the surroundings -return to Summerland for debriefing and refreshment. If you intend to join us, please let me know in the next day or two. Cheers, Jim
Hello Stalwart Hikers! Trust everyone is well. I have been following the notices of the hikes from afar. Left Vancouver, for London, on Tuesday, April 17th to go directly to Truro, Cornwall for four nights before returning to London. While in Cornwall I went for a bike ride, revisiting places I'd ridden through during our house exchange in 2013. Also took two wonderful wonderful hikes with my hosts, Gayle and Derek, so I hope these count towards keeping me in group! Fond
Fondestos to one and all! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment