Sunday 15 April 2018

Last Kick at the Elliptizer Cat Blues: Sunday, April 15th!

No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be. -Isaac Asimov, scientist and writer (1920-1992)
 

Morning Dad, I have to be near Trout Lake at ten this morning to grab something then heading to 4th and Alma to meet Kari and Gaelan for brunch so will call the Sutherland’s and see if your around to swing by and have a final goodbye!! Love you, Chloë Alexis Hi Trout Fishing in Vancouver Goil! Great! I'm just off to the gym so I'll be back by about 11:30 am at latest. Love, Dad!

[Two Canadians deciding to settle in Cornwall!] Hi Vancouver! Thought I would fire off a reply before we head out. No problem picking you up at the station although for someone who is usually in bed by 10PM this will be a major challenge staying awake!! Text me what train you manage to catch from Paddington and text again when the train arrives at St Austell so I can estimate your arrival time at Truro. They were doing repairs to the line and putting on buses from St Austell to Penzance but hopefully Network Rail would have finished this by the time you arrive.
 

[Spring has finally arrived!] On Thursday Gayle and I have our usual volunteer rota at Trelissick House cafe from 10.30 to 4.00. If you feel like it you could cycle to Trelissick and have a cream tea. I can get you into the gardens free of charge. It's only about 45 minutes cycling time (a mere walk in the park for you!) If you wanted a longer ride back you could always cycle to Falmouth from Trelissick and back to Blackwater via the back roads. See how you feel. Marnie, Ant, Tris and the dog left on Friday so we had the weekend to do the piles of washing and tidy the place. Its like a pig pen when they are here! Spuddy has now reclaimed the house. He is always very unsettled when the dog is here. Raining today but weather looks fairly decent for the rest of the week. Trust you are bringing a pair of walking boots with you! Safe travels and look forward to seeing you on the 17th 

[Tris walking his dog.] Hello again, Duhlink! Slept in until 8:30 am and when I was up Molly indicated she wanted to go out so we set off. Again, she was happy as a clam sniffing everything and I just let her go wherever she wanted. We did a loop, coming back up the lane, one over from HT. At the top of the path she almost yanked my arm off dashing after a Grey squirrel so she still has plenty of spunk. Back home I brewed a pot of java, using beans I bought at JJ Bean for Michele on Friday. Also picked up three Birds of Paradise as a small thank-you. After I ate two overleft pancakes, [from Saturday morning, saved from being thrown out!], I walked over to gym, close to 10:00 am, to use elliptizer. Sarge arrived an hour later so we chatted, on and off, watching curling. I was finished before him so came back to have a quick shower. Flamin' was putting together the bench she picked up in Blaine as they were already in Abbotsford for the night. Looks terrific so they are both pleased with it.

[Spud relaxing in the garden after his mortal enemy has departed!]  Ryan arrived, with Grace, around noon. They are in town as Megan's uncle is dying at VGH. They will stay for dinner and then drive back to Kamloops. He was not kept on so is looking for work but will still be receiving money from work done and severance pay until end of May so he wasn't overly concerned, at least for now. Rebecca and Corey and rest of zoo animals will come for dinner as well although Nicole and Marvin were driving straight back to Kamloops at some point. Dinner will be fairly early. I'm pleased as I want to try and have an early night as it will be my last time in a real bed until I arrive in Cornwall, close to midnight on April 17th!


Going to have one more go at "weeding" my luggage. Picked up 10 tea towels at Wikaninnish Gallery on Friday so pleased about that, as well as a nifty, all in one, universal plug adapter, at Wanderlust, so I don't have to carry a whole package of separate plugs. Chloë popped by a few minutes ago and she had a quick visit with Ryan before I walked her out and she had a whole list of safety instructions for me before we waved goodbye. She was planning to see Ali for a quick visit before making for home. Must away as I want to call Air Canada to reserve my seats. Flamin' really wants to get rid of me as she checked me in! Pleased as I now have two aisle seats for flight to Montreal and then from there to Paris.  Will give you a shout when the wild animals have left, otherwise you might not be able to hear me! Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Chloë says goodbye! 

Hi all, First, you will find attached a copy of the obituary for Jud which appeared in the newspaper a couple of days ago. Many thanks to Tony for thinking of this. And, second, here is what we plan on doing this Thursday, April 19th. We will: -meet at 0900 at Home hardware north parking lot in Penticton (0840 at IGA in Summerland). -carpool and make our way to Twin Lakes Ranch. -hike the hills of Twin Lakes Ranch -choose a place for coffee and debriefing -return homeward If you are interested in joining us on Thursday, just send me a nod to say so. It will be muchly appreciated. Cheers, Jim Africa has now been left behind as we take the l   o n   g road home. Wi fi galore. Take care Matt Hi Kids! Went to VRC to see The Pepperoni Kid in the Canadian Nationals Doubles, over 60's, on Saturday. He was playing with Bruce McFarlane. They lost in three to Steve Lawton and his partner from Toronto. Some close games and if they had squeaked a win in third I think they could have taken match. Cheers, Patrizzio/Il Conduttore!







No comments:

Post a Comment