Saturday 14 April 2018

Leg of Lamb & Judy Blue's Blues: Saturday, April 14th!

If you wish to be loved, show more of your faults than your virtues. -Edward Bulwer-Lytton, author (1803-1873) 



Hello Morita and Friends at Ukiyo! Terribly disappointed we won't be able to connect before I head off. Nevertheless, I plan to call this evening when Ragin' is here. Branko is bringing a leg of lamb and I'll supply salad and vegetables. I have invited friend, Judy Blue, in our bridge group in Penticton, here visiting her daughter Vanessa, along with Vanessa, to join us so should be fun. Will head over to FCCC for another workout and then to Cheap Thrills for vegetables and such, once Clan Sutherland hit the road. Must away as Flamin' just put on a pot of industrial strength java and I need a jolt. Look forward to chatting this evening so trust you will be in and not holding hands on the beach, star-gazing, high as kites! Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Dream Boat of The Dream Café and Squamish Babes! Pleased you will be "bonding" with Pamela even it is at the expense of Poor William being ill, probably from her! Duke has every reason to be grumpy if you are leaving him all alone. Bit like me when Clan Sutherland decamp to Abbotsford today, going to Cirque de Soleil. However, my response to such abandonment is to have a dinner party! Branko is bringing a leg of lamb and I'll supply salad and vegetables. As well, I have invited Judy Pratt, along with Vanessa, to join us so should be fun. At least I hope so. Last night when I was chatting with her about getting together I said that Vanessa's partner was welcome as well. Vanessa had mentioned, at the Art Gallery, that he was keen to learn how to play bridge and I suggested we might play a few hands. Judy then informed me that wedding is now off! Apparently he has had second thoughts. That's all I know for now but obviously pretty up-setting. Anyway, in my usual, extremely tactful way I will endeavour to get to the bottom of things and report back!


Thanks for London contact, Chloë. What is your relationship to Dave? I will send him a note as soon as The Zoo animals stop dancing and screaming in time to Bruno Mars and I can hear myself think! Hello and Best Wishes to Krissy. Send a message about hooking up, if only briefly, on Sunday.

Will head back to FCCC for another workout and then to Cheap Thrills for vegetables and such, once peace and quiet return! Must away as Flamin' just put on a pot of industrial strength java and I need a jolt. 
Love and Cheers to you both,
 Dad/Patrizzio!



Pics: Arrivederci Lady Dar; Saying goodbye to Etta and Duke!; Squamish bound! JT yesterday morning; later, bumped into Daniel at RBC on Granville and Burrard; blossoms in Vancouver yesterday, on 1st, just before Burrard; soon to be Penticton bound; Bella and Bert came for dinner last night so it was lovely to see them. When she learned I was off to Europe alone, Bella said she realized you needed a break form me! Bert, with a twinkle in his eye, added that I should stay away for six months!
Hey pat, long time since we chatted, wondering where in the world you are now? All is well in the big city , we just had a nice trip to Tofino  for spring break. Then down to tigh na mara lodge. We flew dear old Dad from Sechelt to Nanaimo for Tigh Na Mara. It was really fun, My  dad is quite together for a 89 year old.  Talk soon Bottoms up. Steverino.
  
Come in Blackwater, Vancouver Calling! Trust you are both well but you may not be once I tell you when my train is supposed to arrive in Truro. If I can catch the 6:30 pm train from Paddington it is scheduled to arrive at 10:35 pm. However, if, by force of circumstance, I can only catch the 7:03 pm train from Paddington, it is scheduled to arrive at 11:58 pm! The travel agent felt that I had plenty of time to make earlier connection but this assumes that all goes smoothly from CDG where I will catch the Eurostar to London. I land in Paris at 9:35 am, Tuesday, April 17th, so have plenty of time to be at the train station in CGD2 to catch the TGV to Lille and then from there to St Pancras by 4:05 pm. Then by tube or bus to Paddington. However, given timing, I'm not sure if it is too late for you to collect me so please let me know, Dreckly, (!), and I'll plan accordingly. As well, if you could send me your phone number so that I can keep you posted on my progress once I'm on British soil! I do apologize for all the kerfuffle but everything becomes much more complicated once one actually starts moving from A to B to C than simply thinking about it!  
 
Probably shouldn't tell you but I appear to have driven my hosts, here in Vancouver, away as Clan Sutherland decamped to Abbotsford this morning, to attend Cirque de Soleil. However, my response to such abandonment is to have a dinner party! Quasi-Friend, Branko, is bringing a leg of lamb and I'll supply salad and vegetables. As well, I have invited Judy Pratt, friend from Penticton visiting her  daughter, Vanessa, to help her buy a wedding dress, [She will come as well.], to join us so should be fun. Must away as have to go upstairs to let Branko into building. Please let me know what you think about collecting me, as described. Cheers to you both, Patrizzio!

Pics:
Sarge and Flamin' with friends, Marian and Walter, out to a play last night; Rebecca and Corey, Sutherland's son, and their two daughters Avery and Ashlynn, with cousin, Jaxon, both RCMP officers who will be moving to Penticton in to weeks, to same development where Chloë will be living! 

 
Hi Patrick I have briefly had contact with Nao in Japan and she is waiting for your arrival in Switzerland, you could stay either in her place or in our place, since David and I are on vacation. David is going on vacation with his girlfriend (already 6 years together) to Spain, close to Barcelona. We have an apartment there, just opposite the beach :) Just yesterday I have gotten to know a Swiss business man who is living close to you in the Okanagan. He also told me to visit him next time I'd be around ....... Nice pics, say hi to everyone and write you soon again. best wishes Stefan

Hello Cruel Swiss! Thank you Stefano, for being such a wonderful Swiss Travel Agent! Certainly much appreciated! At any rate, I hope to be arriving in Bern, on or around Saturday, May 5th, to stay until the 10th or 11th and then on to the Centre of Action in Switzerland, Zurich, by later on that day. I must needs be in Brno, Czech Republic, by May 16th so that date will limit my stay in Zurich. Were I stay is up to you, Nao, but thank you, Stefano, for offering your place. Certainly much appreciated, wherever I end up with my pillow. So please let me know, Nao, what you would prefer and I'll plan accordingly. Cheers to you both, Patrizzio! Pics: Dinner this with The Babes!

Hello Hester Creek Folk and Leg-of-Lamb Man! Thanks so much for the lively evening, everyone, wonderful wine, Vanessa, succulent lamb, Ragin' and delish ice-cream, Judy Blue. Ragin', please pass along thanks to Zelda, [Her name until I see it written!], for the tasty chocolate cake. Delight to meet her. Trust we will see her again once you've convinced her to start playing bridge! Hope we'll see you, Vanessa, either here in Vancouver or in Penticton. Until next our paths cross, in the not too, too distant future, I trust, take care of each other and stay well. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: The Beauties and The Sleeping Beast!

Hello Duhlink! Trust you and my favourite kittens are well. Had a busy day today, as Ragin' collected me at about 12:30 pm and we drove to VRC to watch Brian and Bruce play against Steve Lawton and his partner, from Toronto. Loads of fun to watch but despite some very close games, Pepperoni and Brewster lost in three. Had a chance to chat with Tony and some other lads so it was fun. After visiting after match Branko drove me to Cheap Thrills for some dinner fixings and then dropped me off at Harbour Terrace. I spent an hour or so doing fridge management, (!), after I rubbed the wonderful leg-of-lamb with some seasoning salt, then sprinkled it with a bit of garlic scape salt. Once it was in oven I readied the potatoes and salad fixings. Then sent a note to Derek to let him know when I would arrive in Truro. Have already heard back from him and he is fine with collecting me, although it will be 11:00 pm at the earliest, all connections going as they should!

Ragin' arrived at 5:00 pm and he helped me fold much of the laundry left in the wake of the departing hordes! Also helped set the table. Judy and Vanessa called to say they would be over close to 6:30 pm. Shortly thereafter, Branko's "friend" called [For now I'm calling her Zelda as I don't know how to spell her name!], to say she would pop over after she had dinner with her daughter. We had a lovely time with Vanessa and Judy before dinner. Branko entertained them while I took Molly Mop out. She seems to be much more alert than last time we were there and Vanessa gave her her pill, hidden in part of a chicken nugget, when we were back. Zelda arrived shortly after we had finished dinner. Lamb was delicious and Vanessa, in particular really liked my Greek salad. She contributed two great bottles of wine, [From her and her partner's cellar so not sure how that will work now!], a 2017 Hester Creek Trebbiano, 13.5%, a truly delicious white I've never had before, at least from the Okanagan, and a 2013 The Judge, HC's dynamite Cab Franc, Cabbage and Merlot blend, 14.2%. Zelda brought a tasty chocolate cake and The Sisterhood served it with spoonfuls of vanilla ice-cream from Earnest Ice Cream, Judy's contribution, I believe!

The Goils left around 10:30 pm but Ragin' had to have a snooze before he was ready to drive home. I loaded the dishwasher and tidied the kitchen while he snored away. He left around 1:00 pm and I was going to take Molly out after I brushed and flossed but she didn't want to go. Went to bed, hoping she would be fine until morning. Slept in until 8:30 am and when I was up she indicated she wanted to go out so we set off. Again, she was happy as a clam sniffing everything and I just let her go wherever she wanted. We did a loop, coming back up the lane, one over from HT. At the top of the path she almost yanked my arm off dashing after a Grey squirrel so she still has plenty of spunk.

Back home I brewed a pot of java, using beans I bought at JJ Bean for Michele on Friday. Also picked up three Birds of Paradise as a small thank-you. After I ate two overleft pancakes, [from Saturday morning, saved from being thrown out!], I walked over to gym, close to 10:00 am, to use elliptizer. Sarge arrived an hour later so we chatted, on and off, watching curling. I was finished before him so came back to have a quick shower. Flamin' was putting together the bench she picked up in Blaine as they were already in Abbotsford for the night. Looks terrific so they are both pleased with it.

Ryan arrived, with Grace, around noon. They are in town as Megan's uncle is dying at VGH. They will stay for dinner and then drive back to Kamloops. He was not kept on so is looking for work but will still be receiving money from work done and severance pay until end of May so he wasn't overly concerned, at least for now. Rebecca and Corey and rest of zoo animals will come for dinner as well although Nicole and Marvin were driving straight back to Kamloops at some point. Dinner will be fairly early. I'm pleased as I want to try and have an early night as it will be my last time in a real bed until I arrive in Cornwall, close to midnight on April 17th!

Going to have one more go at "weeding" my luggage. Picked up 10 tea towels at Wikaninnish Gallery on Friday so pleased about that, as well as a nifty, all in one, universal plug adapter, at Wanderlust, so I don't have to carry a whole package of separate plugs. Chloë popped by a few minutes ago and she had a quick visit with Ryan before I walked her out and she had a whole list of safety instructions for me before we waved goodbye. She was planning to see Ali for a quick visit before making for home. Must away as I want to call Air Canada to reserve my seats. Will give you a shout when the wild animals have left, otherwise you might not be able to hear me! Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Zelda; Ragin' with Judy Blue; Vanessa with Zelda and her Mom; Snoremeister! Molly Mop on one of our outings!

No comments:

Post a Comment