Sunday 29 April 2018

Narrow Boat Blues: Sunday, April 29th!

I don’t need time. What I need is a deadline. -Duke Ellington, jazz pianist, composer, and conductor (29 Apr 1899-1974) 


Is all ok en route to Luton? X How’s your trip? Hello The Sisterhood! Had a simply wonderful weekend with Nicolena and Paddy, [More details to follow!], but once home Penny and I drove over to Lisa's place and I saw both her boys, Flynn and Archie, as well as had a tour of the place. She and Dave have done a wonderful job renovating, particularly the attic, the most recent change. Wanted to send these snaps along before I head to bed as it has been a long, full day. Fondestos, Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio!

Pics: Archie was asleep when we arrived; not Flynn! New bathroom and then bedroom in attic; back garden; stairs to attic; Lisa with her sleepy boy! Sleepy Mimi has been on the edge of the sofa for hours this evening, obviously loving the warmth of the cosy fire!

Dear Pat  So nice to hear from you. We are around this week and would love to see you. Do you know when exactly you‘ll be in Bern? Hope to see you soon, Nicole  Dear Nicolina! How terrific to hear from you! Not exactly sure, from your enigmatic messagio if you, or Famiglia Lymann will be around BUT I will not be in Bern much before May 6th, if that. I'm off to France, tomorrow, on Tuesday, May 1st.
 
At this stage I'm hoping that I will be in Bern in time to see close friends, Eveline and Heinz, before they leave for Berlin, on May 10th! If you and your family are around, around that time, I'd dearly look forward to connecting. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly! Again, I do hope we can connect. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Hike in Cornwall week ago Saturday, atop a Medieval pack-horse bridge; With Chloë's friend, Dave, on a work visa here in London, last Tuesday, outside a pub near King's Cross; Chiswick House last Thursday; Selfie there with hosts Penny and Mike; Outside The Royal Standard of England, 900 year old pub in Beaconsfield; Inside with Penny photographing me photographing Mike with our server, Eleni; My hosts in Stanwick, Nicolena  and Paddy, inside the Althorp Coaching Inn and then outside; At wonderful dinner, (lamb loin with 
Panna Cotta
 for dessert), prepared by Paddy that evening, with Marilyn, Paddy's mother who lives in Stanwick as well.



Our London/Istanbul trip itinerary: TRAVEL - May 2018, Monday, April 30 BA0084 to London departs 20:55, Tuesday, May 1 – arrive London Heathrow 14:15, May 1 – Queens Hotel. Portsmouth, Wednesday, May 2 – Portsmouth Thursday, May 3 – Holiday Inn Express, Crawley, Friday, May 4 – day trip to Brighton, Saturday, May 5 – Holiday Inn Express, Heathrow Terminal 5, Sunday, May 6 – BA0676 to Istanbul - departs 10:25, Heathrow Terminal 5 Arr. Istanbul 16:25 – Hilton Istanbul Bomonti, Monday, May 7 – I.A.S.L., Tuesday, May 8 – I.S.A.L., Wednesday, May 9 – I.A.S.L., 


Thursday, May 10 – I.A.S.L., Friday, May 11 – BA0677 to London, departs 17:25, Arr. London Heathrow 19:30, May 11 – London – Cartwright Gardens, Saturday, May 12 – London, Sunday, May 13 – London - Chartwell, Monday, May 14 – London – Merchant of Venice” at the Globe, Tuesday, May 15 – London, Wednesday, May 16 – BA0085 to Vancouver – departs 17:20, Heathrow Terminal 3

No comments:

Post a Comment