Friday 27 April 2018

Lamb Kidneys and The Beaconsfield Blues: Friday, April 27th!

Taught from infancy that beauty is woman's sceptre, the mind shapes itself to the body, and roaming round its gilt cage, only seeks to adorn its prison. -Mary Wollstonecraft, reformer and writer (27 Apr 1759-1797)


Not up until 8:30 am so having Lazy Girl Mimi sleep on my duvet cover much of the day is obviously having an effect on my biorhythms! Had nothing whatsoever to do with what I drank last night! Weather is rather gloomy as I believe rain is forecast for most of day. Hope to catch up with Rosemary and Andre if I train into London unless Penny and Mike have other plans/suggestions for what they might like to do. 

Hello Duhlink! Thanks for gift suggestion. Very good idea. I just talked with Penny and we will walk down to The Broadway in a few minutes to the book shop there where she thinks I can buy something. I also want to pick up something for Lisa's boys and Mad Max. With respect to household finances, only expense I have, so far is for Orofino, $320. If you figure out your expenses you can let me know what I need to deposit in joint account, one way or another. I will then deposit $350 +/-, based on your expenses. Also had a brief chat with Andre just now. I had left two messages on Rosemary's mobile but with no answer called the landline. Andre told me she left it in London when she left for Brussels yesterday. She will be back this afternoon. We might meet up later today or on Monday, depending on how she feels and what I get up to with Penny and Mike.Must away as want to go to WHSmith before we drive to a pub in Beaconsfield. Trust your bus trip goes well. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Dottore! Trust you, The Lads and Hans are all well. I apologize for not being in touch sooner but busy time here, although I'm delighted to report that  I'm off to France on Tuesday, May 1st. Date has much to do with ongoing, revolving train strikes in France!

Given the time frame after my bike tour ends in Krakow I think the weekend of June 15-17, +/-, should work extremely well. I hope to visit some friends of friends in both Krakow, after bike tour ends, and then in Warsaw after that. Based on train travel time, from Warsaw I wouldn't arrive in Aarhus until Saturday of the weekend mentioned, at the earliest. How would that work for you? I don't mind being on my own for the following week, or so, while you are at work. Given all sorts of considerations I'm not sure if I will have time to go to Oslo but I do appreciate you supplying the information you did. I have not heard back from friend, Patrick, there, so need to find out more about his schedule. When I do I will know better how to try to arrange my trip.
 

Hypothetically, if I arrived after the weekend of the 17th of June would I still be able to see/meet Hans that following week or not until the following weekend, say Friday the 22nd to Sunday the 24th? If so, this might allow me to "hop' over to Oslo for a few days, or more, and see Patrick. At this point i'm just trying to see what might work best for me and everyone concerned, given everyone's schedules. Anyway, let me know what you think about what I've outlined and I'll try to plan accordingly. Just back from a lovely outing to a 900 year old pub in Buckinghamshire, The Royal Standard of England, about an hour north of where I'm staying. We left around 12:15 pm to arrive around 1:30 pm. Had a terrific lunch and with a pint of a very distinctive ale, Windsor & Eton Conqueror. An intense IPA, brewed with a blend of five specialty malts along with two different hops to produce something akin to Guinness in terms of colour, texture and mouth-feel but with full, fresh hop taste and aroma. 

Went exceedingly well well with my onion soup and lamb kidney appetizers! Fondestos and Cheers,  Patrizzio! Pics: At The Royal Standard and then with our server, Eleni, from Lesbos. She has only been here from Greece for four months and her English is very, very good. Pub's ceiling.

Hello Goils! Trust all goes well in North America! Rained quite heavily for the better part of the morning but cleared up for our drive to Beaconsfield.
Quiet evening sending messages, mainly to The Cruel Swiss and Maggie, trying to refine my trip. None of us were all that hungry after the tremendous meal at the Standard so I made a simple salad and we sat down around 9:00 pm and then chatted until 11:00 pm. Wanted to send these snaps along tonight as I know I'll be quite busy for next few days. Stay well. 
Must away as I need to pack a few things for the over-nighter ahead. Fondestos and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! Pics:  Mimi in the rain.
Mimi in the rain at MHB. Reminded me of  Sneakers, who did just the same, sitting on the lawn in our back yard, in the rain, at our house in Vancouver! This evening's salad.

Looks nice & green where you are, still brown here, need a good rain Fire ban is on because it is very dry, snow is gone. I think it is supposed to rain when Corinne is here, I don’t think we will be eating outside. I had the heat on today. Pam will probably come out on the weekends to visit with her sister Happy Travels!! PS poor time to ask for money when it’s income tax time ha!!! 

Hello to My Favourite Mother-in-Law! Trust you are well. You were my last hope for funds, Clarisse, so I don't know what I will do now! I'm off to France on Tuesday, May 1st, so perhaps I can put out a hat at King's Cross/St Pancras before I catch the Eurostar! With my outfits, I'm sure people will think I'm homeless! Stay well, Rosita. Love, Fondestos and Cheers, Your Favourite, Exceedingly Poor Son-in-Law Patrizzio! Poppa You can always come back to LA and ride the Santa Susana pass and pretend you're in Europe Hello Ayn and Wole, aka Santa Susana Pass People! Trust you are both well. Ayn, your suggestion about returning to Tinsel Town to ride Santa Susana is a very good one and I might have to do just that if I have trouble having my bike serviced when I am in Chabeuil. Fondestos to you both. Cheers, Poppa/Patrizzio!
  
Hi all, Hike for this Monday is on Campbell Mtn, starting from the Landfill parking lot, heading around, over the top, down to the bottom and finally back around. Meet at Penticton Home Hardware at 9am (and Summerland IGA at 8:40 to carpool). I'll meet the assembled group in the Landfill car park at 9:15. Please note, I have a 2017 version of the email list... if you know of any recent additions that are not on the list, please let me know? Cheers. Phil Just to let you know... there's lots of Balsam out on Campbell...!!! Phil 

Hi Robert! Congratulations on your latest book! Marvelous indeed! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio! Sounds and looks like a great trip Patrick. I used to live in Chalfont St. Giles in Buckinghamshire right before I immigrated to Canada. I have many happy memories of the pubs in that lovely county. As I kid, we would always holiday for two weeks in Cornwall or Devon. After a perfect week of weather, today is a rainy day and I would love to sit down with a pint of Conqueror! Have fun in France. Cheers, Robert. Hi again, Robert! Yes, I certainly plan on enjoying France. Cheers, Patrizzio!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment