Tuesday 24 April 2018

National Portrait Gallery No Go Soho Blues: Wednesday, April 25th!

I don't mind that you think slowly but I do mind that you are publishing faster than you think. -Wolfgang Pauli, physicist, Nobel laureate (25 Apr 1900-1958) 


Hi again, Nicolena and Padraic! Sorry I've not replied sooner but yesterday was hectic! Anyway, I'm delighted to report that I was able to purchase the very last seat on the Eurostar, departing Tuesday, May 1st. This means that I will still be in London until then, as mentioned earlier. While I would be more than delighted to accept your wonderful offer of arriving on Saturday and staying overnight until after Sunday's narrow boat outing, I cannot, unfortunately, come up on Saturday, again as mentioned earlier, due to other social plans my generous hosts had already put in place. 
 
However, a day visit, on Sunday is possible, if it suits your schedules, and  I would certainly love to see you both. However, I know how busy you are and so I don't want to have you do anything to accommodate me if this might otherwise dislocate your weekend.

That being said, from a quick glance at train schedules I can take the train from Mill Hill Broadway to Wellingborough, a journey of about two hours. [I'm going into The City later this morning so will investigate earlier departures.] If I am correct, I see you live approximately fifteen minutes, by car, from the station. I believe a bus would take about an hour so, at the risk of being too forward, if you are able to collect me we would have more time to visit. If I do visit, I'd stay as long as the last train back. So that is how I see the trip unfolding.
 

Once I'm back and have, perhaps, more information about possible earlier departures, I'll call and we can chat about what my suggestion seems like from your end. Again, if what I've outlined is all too complicated for your lives I understand completely so don't hesitate to say it might not work. Travel, as I need not remind you, is often more unpredictable than one could even imagine! That being said, it would be lovely to connect and catch-up since Costa Rica. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both as I mentioned that I was hoping to see you. Chat this evening, I trust. Cheers, Patrizzio! 

Pics: Drinks at The Euston Flyer last night with friends, Jamie, (first snap), and Dave. Jamie lives in Chesham, Dave in Vancouver, but is here on a work visa. He is actually a good friend of our youngest daughter, ChloĆ«, and Krissy, the daughter of my hosts, Gayle and Derek, in Cornwall. We met them when they came to visit Krissy and planned the house exchange in 2013.  

The canvas is not on top of the mattresses. The ties were holding the rug for the outside table together so I have those and I found the rods.Found Chloe's Spring and Summer clothes. Off to walk going up to 23 today. Have all the planters done. Send your cell phone number in case of emergency. Love you. C Pattrizzio! Was great to speak to you earlier. We'll see you at the Duke of Wellington in Stanwick all being well, give me a quick call or text me a time you think you'll be there (with your drinks order) and we'll be there to welcome you. Just in case there is a breakdown in coms here is our address in Stanwick. 

Hello Lovely Narrow Boat Stanwickians! Lovely to chat as well. Thanks for sending along your address. Mike suggested we call when we are about to leave and then fifteen or so minutes from arrival time so you have a better idea of how drive is going. Looking forward to seeing you both and your countryside. Cheers for now, Patrizzio!  
Hello Sydney House People on Holiday! Trust you are both well. Busy time here in London but things are falling into place. I'm off to France on Tuesday, May 1st, in same Eurostar train car as Andre, so pleased about that, of course. Will be heading to Stanwick on Saturday to meet with couple, Nicolena and Paddy, Lady Dar and I met in Costa Rica. Mike, my host here in London, has very kindly offered to drive me there as he had planned to visit a relative near Bedford, about half an hour south. 

We will met at a pub called The Duke of Wellington where Nicky and Patrick held their wedding reception. [Funnily enough I took a snap of a statue of the Duke when I was at Bank Station yesterday, in The City, meeting friend Jamie for a noon hour pipe organ concert nearbye.] I will stay overnight and train back to London after an outing on the "narrow" boat owned by his father. 

Derek, I await your informed comments on the album and trust it will only involve "minor edits" and not a "complete re-write"! Fondestos and Cheers, Bedruthen Stepped Upon Patrizzio! Pic: Duke of Wellington on his high horse guarding the diamonds and gold in The Royal Exchange! 

 
Hello Amazon Alexa, aka Dunbar! [Coincidentally, Penny, my host here in London, has the same last name!] Trust you are both well. Busy time here but things are falling into place. I'm off to France on Tuesday, May 1st.
Attached album chronicles second hike I took with Gayle and Derek, my hosts in Cornwall. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hello Harbour Terrace! Trust all goes well for Clan Sutherland. I gather Sarge is off to Penticton fairly soon. How is The Mop? Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Samson sends regards to Molly Mop!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment