Thursday 26 April 2018

Vindaloo with Naan Bread Soppage Blues: Thursday, April 26th!

Oh, we have a home. We just need a house to put it in. -An anonymous child


Hello The Constant Gardener! You sound as if you have been very busy. Glad the weather has finally started to warm up. Pleasant here but still coolish, even when sun is shining. I don't mind as traveling is more pleasant on trains and tube. Sorry you have not been able to find gazebo cover but ChloĆ« must be pleased about her clothes! 

I'm going to have dinner with Lady Patrizzia and Sir James, this evening. They will drive to Penny's and we'll have a drink here, [Jamie has requested white wine!], before we go to the Indian restaurant in the High Street, we've eaten at before. Convenient and decent food as you will remember. [I am hoping to pop into London today to visit national Portrait Gallery and then Gerry's Wine & Spirits near Piccadilly Circus. Chap at wine shop in MHB said he thinks they carry Talisker Latitude 57, a malt I have not seen for years. Also want to pick up a bottle for Mike for being so kind as to ferry me to Stanwick.] Pat is delivering one of her lectures this afternoon so will already be dressed up, according to Jamie! Penny's not looking forward to visit!
Have attached two XL files which list the hotels we will be staying in while in Moravia and Poland. Here is my cell number. Both Penny and Mike are sleeping in as neither work today. Penny only works every Monday while Mike works Monday through Wednesday. Mimi is my only companion, keeping me company, snoozing on bar stool next to me in kitchen. Must away as I want to have breakfast and then get ready to stroll down to The High Street for white wine and nibbles. Much love to you, my Darling. Enjoy your time in Vancouver and fond regards to Elaine, as well as to Flamin'. Cheers, Thames Link Patrizzio!
[Sorry, I didn't attach these in earlier message! Love, Forgetful Patrizzio!]
 
PS: Mike just came downstairs to make tea and we will drive to see one of the National Trust historic homes this afternoon so I won't go into town until tomorrow. They'll pop me back before going to collect Lisa's boys and once she is home from work, [Dave has a security job, {overseas work has dried up}, at a nightclub, from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm], they "conveniently" have reservations at a restaurant, featuring Lady's Night. I wangled the name and address out of Mike and will make reservations there, instead of going to the Indian spot, just to surprise Penny! I know she will be ecstatic! Poor Jamie!!! Snap: Mimi Mimenheimer just woke up to stretch and is wondering if I'm going to give her her breakfast!
 
Great photos Sir Patrick. Looking forward to tonight. Fondestos. Dear Poppa I have a feeling that if you crash Ladies' Night with Jamie and "Partying Pat" you might also be staying with them for the remainder of your stay in London. Good luck and send pics of the narrow boat! Ayn xo Hi Tinsel Town! Chesham, My Dear Girl, Chesham! Just back from a lovely afternoon. Started off at Chiswick House & Gardens, designed and built by Ricahrd Boyle, 3rd Earl of Burlington from 1725-1729, inspired by the architecture and gardens of ancient Rome. A relatively "small" neo-Classical villa, compared to many of the other stately homes we have visited on other trips but nonetheless an intriguingly fascinating structure. The 65 acres of gardens, water features and wilderness areas are simply remarkable. One seems as if one is walking through a woodland forest the moment one steps from the sidewalk into the estate itself, so secluded and removed does it seem from the busy, bustling city and suburbs which surround it.

Next stop was The Adam & Eve pub, one of Mike's favourites and not far from where Penny lived, Sunnyfield, when she moved back to London from Toronto, in 1976. [We drove by the house after the pub. Mike's sister, Joan, lived immediately next door and that is how, eventually, Mike and Penny, came to be involved. Had pints of the local IPA and a bite to eat while we chatted. Then back home as they wanted to change for dinner before heading off to collect Lisa's two boys. Lovely and sunny but fairly strong breeze so cool when not in the sun. I'm going to have a quick shower and change myself and then ready a few appetizers to have before we go to the Indian restaurant. Earlier this morning, at Mill Hill Wines, I picked up a Greek white, 2016 Papagiannakos Savatiano, Old Vines, (A varietal I've never heard of before, although I gather it is used in making Retsina), 12.5%, so am looking forward to trying it in this particular expression. Love and Cheers, Mimi's Minder!

Pics: We parked on a gorgeous street where Chinese Cherry blossoms are out; Attractive waterfall one passes on way to Chiswick House; Two views of Chiswick House; Illegal snap of Sphinx as No Photography allowed! At the start of one of the many gorgeous tree-lined walkways;The Adam & Eve; Dressed for dinner!

Glad to see that you have been in touch with Andre.  Is he still in BC.  Hi again, Sarge! Andre flew to London on Monday so I spoke to him, and Rosemary, on Tuesday. I hope I can meet up with them on Friday to "scope" their pad near Marble Arch while we make arrangements for Tuesday's departure! Cheers, Patrizzio! Patrick, I think you should get a baby book to take as a gift for your visit this weekend. Chloe and I just had dinner on the patio. Lovely evening I'm finishing my packing for early bus tomorrow into Vancouver. Hugs, Corinne

Hello The Sisterhood! Pleased to learn that The Pentictonites are finally able to have meals outside, now that weather is warming up. Had a really lovely evening with Pat and Jamie this evening. They drove over from Chesham, lovely village where they live, and arrived around 6:30 pm. I had some modest appetizers ready, (cheese and crackers, carrot sticks and green grapes), and we had a wonderful time catching-up while we nibbled and sipped, as I had not seen either of them since 2013, although Jamie and I had connected earlier in this trip. An hour or so later we drove down to The High Street, [Pat is suffering from a bad right knee and may well require surgery.], and had a very tasty meal at Mill Hill Tandoori, a spot we'd eaten at before, in 2013. Continued our earlier conversations and Pat regaled us with numerous stories from her opera singing days. I had not realized that she had toured as a principal singer in Germany for a number of years, before she returned to Covent Garden, as her vocal ability was particularly well-suited for Wagner.

We closed down the restaurant just before 11:00 pm and they drove me back to 37 Hale Grove Gardens. Quick goodbyes there as Jamie had a very long day ahead of him, on the morrow, to attend a funeral in Cumbria, I believe, requiring a lengthy train journey. Unfortunately, I probably won't see Pat again, on this trip, given my schedule for remaining time here. On Saturday, Mike and Penny have very kindly offered to drive me to Stanwick, about an hour and a half north of here, where I will stay overnight with Nicky and Patrick, lovely couple we met in Costa Rica. I'll train back to MHB on Sunday. Jamie and I plan to connect on Monday, one way or another, as I leave for France on Tuesday.

 

Must away as I need to ready myself for bed as I see it is almost midnight! Fondestos, Love and Cheers, Dad/Patrizzio! PS: If any on the list have spare cash floating around you might consider donating to the registered charity Help Patrizzio In Europe. Any donations over £500 will receive a tax receipt. Just send an etransfer to my email account and I'll make sure funds make their way into the right hands! Pics: At Penny's before dinner. At restaurant. Pat is wearing her home-made Fascinator as she gave one of her very well-received opera presentations to the Women's Institute earlier this afternoon. Arrivederci!

I guess Nana is not the only one who can rock a fierce fascinator! Xoxo Prima Donna Divas are experts! Hi Penny! Thanks for the snaps of Chiswick and The Royal Standard. Here are mine from today. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
 
Corinne Durston Get involved! Sign to save the bees! Patrick James Dunn From banning plastic bags to saving the bees! Onward Eco-Woman!


Great to chat Patrizzio, Sounds like a plan to me, we're only a 5 minute walk from the pub and I'll be at home relaxing with a mug of fresh Costa Rican coffee so drop me a line whenever.You captured some great shots on your walk and struck gold with the weather too! Fingers crossed the weather holds so we can see a little of the Northamptonshire/Leicestershire countryside. If not, we'll explore the Northamptonshire pubs! Until then, enjoy the Mill Hill Attached is (if memory serves me correctly) a Mot Mot outside the restaurant at the El Bosque, Monteverde. Patrizzio Junior & Nicolena Hi Junior Mot Mot Man and The Lovely Nicolena!
 
Thanks for the terrific snap. Hard to believe we were ever in Costa Rica now! Michaelao and I plan to leave MHB around 10:00-10:30 am tomorrow morning and will give you a shout just before we set off, and then again, closer to The Duke of Wellington. Sorry to be making arrangements for leaving before I even arrive but it would be best for me if I was able to leave, from Bedford, around 2:00 pm on Sunday. Again, I apologize for putting such constraints on you both so I beg your indulgence. Other circumstances allowing, I like to stay for weeks and take the narrow boat to Wales! Of course we will talk about my schedule at The Duke but I just thought letting you know, slightly in advance might help plan visit, in terms of weather and activities, given overall time is so short. See you soon. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Patrick, I have been out of touch for a while but am back in full writing mode and would love to give you an update on my writing activities. Before I do that I would like you to let me know if you still want to continue to receive emails from me by clicking one of the choices below:
 
No, please remove me from your list (or change my email address).
I am working on the third book in the series Lockstep and hope to have it finished early this summer. I'll keep you up to date on that. All the best, Robert.Hi Robert! Congratulations on your latest book! Marvelous indeed! All the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi, During 2018 I will be focusing my time on completing a two more novels (140,000 words to go). This means that I am going to be unavailable during weekdays.


I will be answering emails on Saturdays. If you need a response sooner, please contact me by phone or text any time after 4:15PM. Cheers, Robert.
 
Dear Patrick So great to hear from you and I appreciated your pictures in London. It looks to me like you having too grand a time. We are well but madly trying to get ready to leave for London on Monday April 30. Have my taxes to do yet. Can't believe I have left everything to the last minute. We had a good trip to Edmonton and Calgary and this past week we have been trying to do some yard work in between watching ridiculous hockey games. Hope the Winnipeg Jets can hang in there.

Anyways I suspect you heard the news that Bill Watson passed away. Do take care and have a wonderful time in France!! Will be thinking of you as we wing over to Turkey. Lots of love Jo-Anne 
Heading to London on Monday. Will spend 4 days on the south coast. The off to Istanbul for 5 days. Back to London on the 11th. Staying at a suite between the British Library and the British Museum until the 16th. Then home.

 
Heading to London on Monday.  Will spend 4 days on the south coast.  The off to Istanbul for 5 days.  Back to London on the 11th.  Staying at a suite between the British Library and the British Museum until the 16th. Then home.
Hi Jo-Anne and Colin! Trust you are both well. Glad to hear you are not the only one, Marps, who leaves everything until the last minute. We had to pay our whooping capital gains tax on sale of loft day before I left for Vancouver with ChloĆ« and only just received my rail passes a day before that! I hope you will soon be winging your way to London, probably same flight # I took, AC leaving about  6:30 pm, local time. I'm off to France on Tuesday, May 1st, so perhaps we can wave at each other at King's Cross/St Pancras when I catch the Eurostar! Enjoy England and Turkey. Stay well. Travel safely. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!




  




 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment