Wednesday 11 April 2018

Ride The Bench Blues: Wednesday, April 11th!

 A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead. -Leo Rosten, author (11 Apr 1908-1997)

Image: Someecards
Hello Michelin Five Star Restaurant! Just a quick note to thank you both for such a wonderful, wonderful evening, (salle de bain issues aside!). We certainly enjoyed being "guinea pigs, if not marmots! Appetizers and meal were more than divine so thank you for such remarkable fare. 
Must away as I've assembled much of my travel clothing over the last few days and want a first round of packing them efficiently, (layers in order of presumed use, etc.), and it's literally, now or never. Fondestos from Lady Dar, poor dear still suffering from a nasty cough and congestion, and Chloë, having trouble readying herself for work as Duke insists on playing "soccer" with her. He should play in goal for Whitecaps as he is amazing at blocking paper balls one throws his way, leaping and twisting and batting them back! Look forward to seeing you in July. Travel safely, Jugos Dom Pedro. Cheers, Patrizzio! Kudos to Chloe, great photographer. Nice to see a fresh approach, no photos of old people!

Have a good European trip Patrick. Peter
Good Morning Patrizzia! I just had occasion to look at my Visa and notice that i have been charged for order I placed yesterday. I assumed that I needed to put in my card number to complete membership, etc. Anyway, your "Beta" system seems to be working well, double billing Canadians! I assume you will resolve this, at some point, but just wanted to alert you. Not overly worried as we know where you live! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Ah Patrizzio, you weren't supposed to use that online shopping form. You were supposed to use this special link - which I thought we had previously provided - https://david-coffaro-winery.myshopify.com/pages/futures-club-selector/.    But I guess our instructions weren't clear - geez, go figure! We'll go ahead and refund that order and then ask you to re-do it, using the link in this message. You can do this at any time. I'm going to cancel that order that you made online and provide a refund right now. Since you've already paid for those futures - you'll be all set once you submit that new form. So sorry,Pat

Hi Ms Lightening Bolt! Faster than a speeding train, almost faster than the speed of light, Geyserville Vroom Vroom Woman! Sorry to put you through the refund process, etc., as it was probably more my fault than yours. At any rate, thank you for resolving issue so quickly. Now I can afford to pay for my extended travel insurance instead of selling Duke and Etta! I'll use the special link later as right now I'm finally ready to finally start packing! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Good luck with all of that! And tell Corinne I hope she feels better soon.
Safe travels and keep us posted, Patrizzia Hi again, Speedster! Thanks for best wishes. I just ordered using the correct link so I thanks for setting me straight. First round of packing went well and now I just waiting for the items I threw in washing machine to dry before I go through a second round of "weeding" out clothing that I probably won't wear so certainly do not need to pack, "just in case!" In the past I've found that it really is quite amazing how little one really needs, even for extended periods of time, especially if you have to lug a heavy bag around, on and off trains, planes and into homes and hotels. Easier said than done, unfortunately. Buzzer just went so must away to continue the good fight! Lady Dar says hello and sends her thanks for your best wishes. Cheers, Patrizzio!
Thanks! David Coffaro Vineyard and Winery
 
Looks yummy! When do you leave? Wishing you a safe journey and looking forward to the tales. Love Tinsel Town xoxo Hi Tinsel Town! I'm still planning and hoping to drive into Vancouver with Chloë on Thursday. Just obtained my extended health insurance so pleased about that, of course. As soon as I post this I will call bank to see what needs to be done about taking funds out of my Tax Free account. I know I can do it online but I'm hoping process can be speeded up if I go in to process transaction. Anyway, tax is not due until the end of the month and I can always transfer funds, when they become available, to Lady Dar and she can pay The Taxman! Must away, Love and Cheers, Dad! 

I got tired just reading all that you have left to do....Godspeed! Hi again, Well Wisher!Just talked to Christina at Flight Centre and my rail passes are ready so very much relieved! Will pick them up later as I needs must vacuum and set up second table for bridge tonight. And round and round we go! Cheers, Patrizzio The Human Hamster on the Packing Treadmill! Yay for rail passes!! I always pack too much!! Xoxo Look out Europe!!! Thanks, Official Photographer!

Hi all, Meant to tell you that Verneen's Mother, Roselle passed away. The kids were all at her bedside when she died and Verneen called later to say how much it means to have a man like Alex now in their family at times like this as he had been such a support for them this week. If you would like to send a card to the family here is the address. I will attend the service on Monday in Reseda but Pierre will be out of town with Shannon coming back from Justin Timberlake in Vegas Love to all Ayn

Spelled Sam's grandmother's name incorrectly. It's Rozella Fowler. Love to all My love to them all. Chloë Thank you very much Papa. I'm with my mom and sister tonight and we are very appreciative of your kind words. Sending you all much love. Enjoy your trip! Love, Sam Hello again, Samantha! Again, deep sympathy on the death of your beloved Grandmother Rozella. While we didn't know her, except for meeting her briefly, at your wedding, she seemed an exceptionally lovely woman. Words always fail but know our hearts go out to you all.

Thanks so much for the good wishes on my coming trip. After our friends went home I tried on the large travel knapsack I'd been packing all day, on and off. Was pleased with how it felt and it will allow me to have my hands free to wheel my bike when traveling to train stations, etc. On the two bike trips we will leave our large pieces of luggage at the hotel we will return to, after two-weeks of living out of the panniers attached to our bikes. Again, much love. Take care of each other. Fondestos from Nana and Poppa.

Hello Almost Two Table Bridgers! Thank you to the Summerland Contingent and the Indomitable Spiller Road Folk for making my last bridge evening, (for next three months, only, I hasten to add!), such a lovely way to say goodbye to such wonderful friends. Congratulations to Michaelo for rigging the score and ending up over all winner! Hip Hip Hooray! From now on, until my most welcome return, July 16th, I'm sure all would agree, Lady Dar will act as Bridge Secretary, Pro Tem, so you can blame her if weekly games do not materialize. Until next our paths cross, take care of each other and enjoy the wonderful life we are blessed with. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Bridge and knapsack try-outs! Europe here I come! Thanks for snapolas, Chloë!

Hi folks, Louise has asked that we spread the following information concerning a memorial service for our late friend, Jud Thompson.


A MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR JUD THOMPSON
-Saturday, April 21, 2018
-11:00 am
-Summerland Senior Citizens Drop in Centre
- 9710 Brown St., Summerland, BC.

To those of you who have received this message through other sources, my apologies. Sincerely, Jim

 



No comments:

Post a Comment