Saturday 7 April 2018

Travel Knapsack Pre-Packing Blues: Saturday, April 7th!

 To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. -John Burroughs, naturalist and writer (1837-1921)


Thanks for the update! I love the planters. And in your case I know you aren't a mass murderer storing bodies in the front yard. Just time to run to the bakery and check out the days action. J Hi Baker's Dozen Man! I'm a'feared that Lady Dar is much more likely to bury me in the planter! Off to work on the pavers in front of it so that she won't slip when dragging me there in the dead of night! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Wow 😮, those are pretty slick planters, nice job! Just only a concern; is there any moisture protection for such a nice wood job? Cheers. Mike Hi Michaelo! Thanks for the complimento on the planters. No, we decided not to use treated wood in order to avoid any possible chemical contamination. "System", as such, is so simple that it will be relatively easy to replace any that might deteriorate over time. Used wood will make perfect bridge prizes! On this note, will you be playing this coming Wednesday? Hope so as I'm off next day, for Vancouver for weekend, before I fly to Paris on Monday. Not back until mid-July. Let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio! PS: A good friend, Janet, has put me in touch with a number of families in Poland, in Kraków, Warsaw and Poznań, so I'm hoping to meet/visit with them, time allowing and schedules fitting.
  
Sir Patrick and Lady Coriander. Thanks for your email and Easter card. Very amusing as usual.Looking forward to your arrival on April 22. Have left that weekend free.Sunday church and choir but can adapt! All our love. Sir James and Lady Patricia. A highly amusing card. Thanks so much. Love as ever. Sir James and Lady Patricia! Hi Sir James and Lady Patrizzia! Glad you enjoyed the card. Looking forward to seeing you both. However, as I'll be travelling from Truro to London on Sunday, April 22nd, don't worry about changing your church and choir commitments. 

Since I'll be staying with Penny, initially, at least, we can figure out what your week looks like and plan accordingly. If you let me know, in the next few days, what you think your schedule will be, we can arrange visits, etc. Perhaps The Buffoons could arrange to give an All Star Performance at St Martin's in the Fields on St George's Day! We could Skype Lady Dar so that she would know how much other people appreciate our special brand of humour even if it is too, too low-brow for Ms Hoity Toity! Cheers to you and Lady Patrizzia, Sir James. Let me know your schedule as I'll plan accordingly. Thanks, Patrizzio!

Hi again, Dottore! Glad you reviewed my itinerary. Looking forward to seeing you both. I'm pretty sure that I can be in Aarhus for the June 15th weekend. Our friend, Janet, has provided me with a number of contacts in Poland, (Krakow, Warsaw and Posnan), and I'm hoping to make contact with some of them before traveling on to Denmark. I'd also like to visit Oswiecim/Auschwitz and it seems possible that I could even ride there. Will know more about this later when I've "talked" to the family who live in Kraków. Looking at map of Poland I see that I can wend my way from Kraków to Warsaw to Poznań, (where other contacts live), before coming to Aarhus. [Not sure if you are interested or even have time but I've never been to Hamburg so if you wanted we could meet, there for a couple of days, that might be fun. Or Berlin, although we were last there after we left you in Stockholm, in 2010, as you will remember! Anyway, let  me know what you think and we can plan accordinglyl 


I'm thinking of flying to Oslo, perhaps for a week or slightly less, from Aarhus, return, (leaving my bike and some luggage with you, if that is fine), to see friend Patrick, a chef and university student there. Again, this will depend on how much time I end up staying in Poland and/or Germany before Aarhus. My Eurail pass is for two months so it will expire at the end of June or very beginning of July depending on when I actually leave London for Paris. Clock starts ticking once I'm back in France and take the first train there, from Paris to either Lyon or Valence, depending on where my friends usually travel when they make this journey. Latter I suspect, as it is only about half an hour from Chabeuil, where they have their incredible farmhouse. Fondestos to you and all your Lads from Lady Dar, fortunately feeling better, well enough to meet the couple, at Poplar Grove Winery, she will marry this July, at Poplar Grove and Chloë, off to Kelowna to meet her close friend, Katie, and then have dinner there with people from work. Let me know what you think about my suggestions so that I can better plan my itinerary. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Ragin'! Trust you are well and that the care and feeding of Juno has been resolved! Looking forward to seeing you next weekend although I have yet to decide when I will arrive. I had thought that I'd drive in with Chloë as she will be spending a few days in Vancouver. However, she will now be leaving on Thursday and I have Book Club that evening. Must now needs take bus, (not that I mind), but know think I'll wait until Saturday. Can I put the finger on you to collect me? Will send details of arrival time, etc., as soon as I've decided upon departure date. Thanks! Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio!

Patricio, Greetings from Victoria. On a quick overnighter after cycling in from Ferry. Back mañana. Snooz had a hotel voucher he needed to cash, his wife didn't want to go, so here I am. Collection on Saturday is no problemo. Maybe we can go for a Java. Send details upon decision.//bjp

Hello Hotelier! Nice life indeed and you are always so hard on Adele! Trust you had an enjoyable time. Thanks for offer of pickup but have rethought my departure date and now I will be driving to Vancouver, with Chloë, sometime this Thursday afternoon, depending on when she can get away from work. I will be staying with Flamin' and Sarge so hope we can stitch together at least one bridge game, if not more. To this end, I'll send out another message to see who might be interested, when/where and what time(s). Cheers, Il Conduttore!

Anarchist Challenge following Anarchist on Easter Morning: Hello Lads! Trust everyone is well! I have been meaning to send this out ever since I've been wearing the King of the Mountains jersey! When are you young bucks going to go face-to-face with a someone with two hip replacements and a coming shoulder replacement? To the victor goes the malt! Cheers, Patrizzio/Il Conduttore!

Patricio Well done Pat. That is quite a climb/ride out of Osoyoos. Here, I have just had a right knee replacement. Done a week ago. Feeling great and getting around! Want be riding any day soon!! Matt: I will be riding by October! Cheers Ben Hi Santiago!
Great to hear from you and know you are doing so well with knee replacement. Pleased you are not in pain as Mick Carter wasn't as fortunate with his last knee replacement, five or more years ago, I think. Fine now but was still in quite a bit of discomfort for almost a year or more afterwards. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you and Ellen. Cheers, Patrizzio , aka Anarchist Mountain Man!
  
I have had more knee surgeries than you've had paper cuts Pat. By any chance, is that shoulder replacement from twisting off all those malt caps and corks? I think at your extremely ripe age it's time you save your other shoulder and explore sobriety or breastfeeding as a new vice VL  Dear Victorious! I do believe that it is you, Sir, who might well consider sobriety as a viable option, given that you seem not to remember that you have had more brain, not knee, replacements than I have had paper cuts. Cheers, Patrizzio, aka Anarchist Mountain Man!

Hi Big Al and Marilyn! Trust you are both well. Thanks for the wonderfully newsy, last message. Your Easter sounded more like a White Christmas but wonderful, nevertheless! Terribly sorry to hear about all the furor over the problem renters and ensuing debacle. Think you are very well advised to have been extra careful with next potential rentals. Almost nothing worse than having to deal with such unpleasant people. 

However, your project with your artist friend, Germaine, sounds spectacular. Bravo indeed. Guess I shouldn't complain about my simple firewood holder being on permanent hold when you are designing works of art for civic display! Just kidding BUT, unintended delay, I'm sure, is a good thing with the proposed extension to the front of our house in de woiks! Looking forward to perhaps seeing you next weekend, if you are around, although I have yet to decide when I will arrive. Will send details  as soon as I've decided upon departure date and we'll see if we can connect. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë. Cheers, Patrizzio! 
 
Hello Fartologists!This Monday we will do McIntyre Bluff. We have not done that for a while and it is a great one for the Monday outing. Weather should be a lot
better than today, so even the chickens among you can come outside! Gathering is same as usual: Meet at HH in Penticton at 0900 and IGA in Summerland at 0840, then carpool to HH in Penticton. Look forward seeing you there. Cheers, Aart the Mountain Minstrel Hi all, hope to see you at Covert Farms tomorrow, Doug and I will meet you there Hanneke
Hi Mountain Minstrel! Just noticed that you might want to remove Jud from list! Even Louise until further notice. Back to chalking off chores. At least my bag is ready for first round of packing, then decanting, them more repacking, etc., until I have distilled clothing down to very barest of needed essentials. Almost like going on an a back-packing hike with Minstrel Man, Josinta and Gilliana! Cheers, Patrizzio!... totally agree, thank you, very observant. Frankly it is a little inappropriate to leave them on there. Now the challenge is to think about it next time. Cheerios, Aart 



No comments:

Post a Comment