Sunday 6 January 2019

Alu-Trainer and Back Wheel Blues: Sunday, January 6th!

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. -Carl Sandburg, poet (6 Jan 1878-1967) 


The new salad bowl and the dish detergent. Lazy Sunday in La Penita.
Doing hand washing and reading. Almost finished Becoming by Michelle Obama. Very interesting read. Love you all, Lady Dar aka Mom
Looks great, the bowl is far too pretty to smash.
Olivia was doing the rumba last night at our celebration dinner.  You could literally see her little foot protruding out of one side of Sam's belly Lol! She must be getting annoyed with how little room she now has left in utero! Love to all Ayn Found a relative of Duke in Lake Balboa this morning on my walk
[Ahhh pups has an American doppelgänger!!! ❤️ And an older Mexican cousin. Mom]

Dear Imelda, et al! It is with a a great deal admiration that I write to you to congratulate you on your remarkable shift in spending priorities. The fact that you choose to spend your limited resources on Axion dish detergent, as opposed to sandals and other assorted beach footwear, marks a more than significant stage in your withdrawal struggle. However, it is a long, uphill battle so I trust that you will be attending weekly meetings of the local chapter of Shoes Anonymous. That being said, I am duly and muchly impressed with the new salad bowl. Wow! Where did you find it? At the market or in a store? Glass topped table in kitchen looks quite similar to one on our front patio.

[Bowl was bought at the Thursday market. Only real purchase so far. Just got back from looking for a sink stopper but no luck maybe at the Monday market. Which I’m planning to go to after yoga. Off to eat salad and finish Michelle Obama’s Becoming. It is well written and interesting. Watch 1st episode of House of Cards this morning. Takes awhile to download. Love you Corinne]


Chloë came over for dinner last night. She had a great lunch with Elaine, her former colleague at PQ, at the Cactus Club in Kelowna. You might recall she had received a $50 gift certificate at the firm's Christmas party and she used it towards celebrating Elaine's birthday, earlier in December, I believe. Shortly after she arrived we trimmed El Diablo's needles, and needles they were! I had three stiletto punctures the day before when playing with his elastic bands! Gav ehim shrimp treats afterwards and Chloë insisted on giving Etta a few as well. Funnily enough, she didn't want then so Duke vacuumed them up! Usually the other way around, as you well know!  
She had requested salmon burgers, pickled beets and a large salad so that is what we ate. [Given Chloë Maisel's Kosher Mania I had to put avocado and oniones slices in a bowl, seperado!] Started watching Season II of Sinner while we ate. Quite an interesting plot involving a murder and cult back in the hometown of main detective. Only have two episodes left but probably won't be able to finish series for a few days, at least. Chloë wants to watch the Golden Globes tonight so she won't be coming over. I don't mind as I'll be watching Broadchurch. You must see this, when back, Lady Dar.
I'm hosting bridge on Monday evening. One table only as JB has bowed out as she is flying home late tonight and thinks she'll be too, too jet-lagged. I assume Olga Polga will be leaving to join the Dish Detergent Lady so only Josinta from Summerland as Michaelo is in Thailand. I'm planning to go hiking tomorrow morning, up Mount Conkle, out of Summerland. So mild, of late, not sure how much snow there is, even at Apex, for snowshoeing. Anyway, looking forward to seeing gang.

Going to take my Trek into Freedom, perhaps after hiking, as I want to put a training wheel on back. I'm hoping I can use one I still have after I had to replace both front and back rims, a few years ago, now. Once that has been done, I'll move trainer into Rumpus Room so your office, Lady Dar, will become a gym!
Mary Lee phoned yesterday to inquire about Escape. She has a friend whose son is looking for a car. However, when I mentioned this to Chloë she told me she has to re-think this. Apparently Elaine asked if she had a contract outlining conditions for using company car. She said she could only drive it for a maximum distance of 300 km. If this is the case she won't be able to travel to Vancouver, with it, for example. Anyway, she needs to clarify things before she sells vehicle. Always something!

Must away as I want to see if I can replace back wheel on Trek before I pay Freedom to do the same. Might ask Stormin' Norman to help me as I need to talk to him about Whiskey Tasting coming up towards the end of the month. Heard from Judy Ritcey that email I had provided for him didn't allow message she had sent to him to be delivered. Again, always something! Happy dish washing, My Darling! Much Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Burns Street Felines resting, last night, and then at the water fountain! I now have to brush my teeth in guest bathroom as I am not allowed to use either sink in our bathroom!

I sent an e-mail invite to Norm to attend the whiskey event. There are only 8 tickets left and 12 invites from the guest request list have gone out. The e-mail came back undeliverable - unknow. Please resend me the e-mail address. I can't find your original e-mail to verify. Thanks Judi Hi Dame Judith! I just talked to Stormin' Norman and he did receive a message confirming that he had been invited to SOWTS event as a guest when I place original request so his email is working. Don't know what happened. At any rate, I would like to pay for him, (A small thank you for all the help he has given us with various repairs around the house.), so am not sure if you can bill my credit card or have me pay at the door. Which ever method is easiest for you. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly.
Photo: Pedro Menéndez
Trust you are enjoying your time in Mexico. Lady Dar is well ensconced in La Peñita and Olga Polga, from hiking group, arrives tomorrow.  So far, no word from any in book club about titles or dates. Hope to see Luigi tomorrow when hiking so I'll see what she thinks. Trust your foot is recovering nicely with salt water and sun! Fondest regards to you and Kevin. Stay well and travel safely when you head home. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar's pad! Duke's "cousin" belongs to her friend, Agneta, who lives ten minutes away in Guyabitos. Chloë was over for dinner last night and Duke nestled with her as he is wont to do with Lady Dar, when she watches The Young and the Useless! Spoiled cats waiting for a drink at watering hole! Felines today!

U can send an invite to you to purchase or you can give me your Cc info and I can purchase from here or etrsf the money to me and I will pay it Just have to run out for a sec. Let me know which one. I will read the rest of your email in a minute K Hi King Kevin! I have set up Dame Judith as a payee so please remind me of what amount I should transfer. Thanks for help. I'm just off for a ride as weather has been so mild, relatively speaking, that roads are dry, all the snow just after Christmas, melted away. Will send funds when I'm back. Cheers, Patrizzio! Since there are only 3 tickets left, you need to act quickly. Please let me know? Dame Judith It's me writing to you Patrick, I am using Kevin's laptop down here. So, I will purchase the ticket and send it to you, the cost will be on it. Dame Judith

Your Tickets for Robbie Burns - January 27th, 2019 - South Okanagan Whiskey Tasting Society (SOWTS) Tasting Event Attached is the ticket for Norm. Dame Judith Hi Patrick: I put in Dame Judith and dame judith. Didn't want to try for #3. Is is damejudith? If not please send it to me. Thanks Dame Judith Hi Dame Judith! DameJudith, no space! System insisted on one word. Trust this will work. 

Had an absolutely gorgeous ride after I sent the eTransfer. First ride of 2019 and it was considerably warmer than last few rides I was able to do in December. Weather forecast looks pretty good for coming week so I'm hoping I'll be able to log a few more cycling outings. Will be hiking tomorrow so looking forward to catching-up with many of the folk I've not seen for a month or more. When are you back? Any suggestions for dates for book club meeting? Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi PATRICK J DUNN ,The money transfer you sent to Judi was accepted. Judi's Message:Thanks Patrizio Message: Thanks for this, Judi! Cheers, Patrizzio! 

One of my projects for today was to put a training wheel on my Trek. I was hoping I can use one I still have after I had to replace both front and back rims, a few years ago, now. Once this change has been accomplished, I was going to move bike and Alu-trainer into Rumpus Room so Lady Dar's office would become a gym and I could watch Netflix, eating mountains of popcorn and slurping giant sodas as I cycle away! However, once I looked outside I realized that the roads were almost bone dry so decided I 'd go for a ride instead. Forecast  showed wind out of the SSW at 28 km/h when I left about 1:30 pm so I decided I'd start off with my tried and true route to PTC and then along Lakeshore to Riverside. Given the glorious sunshine there were many people about, families walking on the promenade and scads of dog walkers. 


By the time I was at the mall at the bottom of Riverside I'd formulated my plan for the day's outing so headed back to PTC and then dipsy-doodled my way to the start of the KVR, busy, busy with folk taking advantage of the almost balmy weather. Once I'd ridden to Vancouver I returned to Pickering and rode the various hills on the streets off Ellis before returning to PTC. From there I retraced my original route to hit the Gerbil Trail once I'd reached the mall. Stitched together four mini-loops, [three circuits of each], off Power, Burnaby
and Westminster to log 49 km before making for home via Wade and Winnipeg.
First ride of 2019, if only really a "stretch" junket, and it was considerably warmer, almost 8º C, than last few rides I was able to do in December. Weather forecast looks pretty good for coming week so I'm hoping I'll be able to log a few more cycling outings. Will be hiking tomorrow so looking forward to catching-up with many of the folk I've not seen for a month or more. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3278869181#.XDK32o6efHI.email


Hi Patrick—Thanks for the news and pics. Corinne looks as though she is travelling really light … or is she planning on coming home with a second suitcase full of Mexican goodies? I have to say that travelling with just carry-on is the only way to go if you can manage it. Waiting around for checked luggage can be a drag especially when it doesn’t arrive at all or it takes so long to arrive that you risk missing an important connection. 
 
The former happened to us on our very recent trip to Vancouver and the latter when we came home from Palm desert last year and had tickets on two different airlines. Never again for that combo. We’ll reveal all about our mis-adventure returning from Vancouver when next we see you, which we hope will be on Sunday next (January 13). Are you free then to come out to The Naramata for an early-ish (say 5:30 p.m.) dinner? Chloe too if she is around and interested in spending some time with the old folks. Let us know. Cheers for now, Lynnie

Hello The Naramata! What a deloverly invitation! I'm delighted to accept. Thank you. Just chatted with Chloë and she is terribly disappointed that she will not be able to join us as it is her book club that evening. She had to miss last meeting so feels she needs/wishes to attend. Otherwise, wild horses wouldn't keep her away as she enjoys not only your warm company but your fabulous, fabulous meals! At any rate, timing is fine for me so I'll be knocking on your door at 5:31 pm!
I think you are right about Lady Dar coming home with a full suitcase. She picked up what looks like a wonderful salad bowl at this past Thursday's market so I'm going to suggest she take it as carry-on, in large part to prevent it from being damaged if in checked luggage. From what you mentioned your own checked baggage fiasco sounded like a nightmare! Must away as I want to have a quick shower before dinner. Thanks again. Chat soon. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Lady Dar's new salad bow and proof positive that she is doing dishes, something Scullion Patrizzio usually discharges!

Hi Patrick—Those puddy-cats sure do live the life, don’t they? Chloe looks pretty comfy too. Sorry she can’t make it on Sunday. See you then. Cheers, Lynnie

P.S. Take it easy with the riding and mostly enjoy this fabulous weather. Can you believe it?! I can’t … I wish I could get oot-and-aboot too, but I have to stay in and keep on tidying up, etc. for the photographer who is coming tomorrow to take pictures of  our perfectly-staged (hah!) home.

Grandmothers for Africa - Thursday Night Jazz Band Fundraiser: Here is a copy of the poster for Jazz Night with info re: time, etc. Cheers, Marian Great idea. Looking forward to it! Jos en Aart

Patti transferred 200 US into my account for the baby shower so I need to make another run to Target today!

Ordered an adorable shower cake for the party and we hired the guy that Alex used last night at the fire house for our dinner to come do the appetizers for the party next Saturday.  Chloe, I gave them the baby carrier they wanted from you xoxo.  It's a soft burgundy material that wraps around the body and holds baby against the parent's chest while taking a walk or doing housecleaning etc. Love to all Ayn What are you getting from Patrick and I? I believe you said you would get something. Patti was certainly very generous! Mom Yes, Patti was very generous with the money she sent :)
 
I have many things for them so no worries Mom, you will have a gift at the party from Nana and Poppa!! Grandma Clara will have a gift there too. Likely the Eddie Bauer diaper bag and baby board books will have yours and Poppa's name on it xoxo...still figuring it out as I wrap. I wrapped Chloe's last night so I told her first but you will all be repped next week Lol!!

I gave them the car seat, stroller and two car seat bases for Xmas so each car will be ready for baby travel. They are flying to Key West Florida for a quick babymoon right after the shower next week. They were given two trips for Florida at the Ellen Show and quite a few others gifts when they attended her show earlier this fall.
 
Ellen even stopped and told Alex he was a good singer when she he heard him during the show's open ha ha ha! Love to all and I will send pics. Ayn

No comments:

Post a Comment