Monday 14 January 2019

Killer Cartwright & The Yaktrax Blues: Monday, January 14th!

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. -Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (14 Jan 1875-1965) 

Might as well throw my alarm clock away as The Boy woke me up at 6:30 am this morning, half an hour before I wanted to get up. I fed them a dollop of wet food and filled their bowls with crunchies and then clambered back into bed, hoping for another half hour or so, listening to the radio while snuggled under the covers. Not to be so as Duke insisted on being let into bathroom so that the could have his regular, post-crunchie drink at the sink! Earlier, to gain my attention, he had batted the kitchen sink stopper around and when I heard the noise I was afraid it was something more breakable so I felt I had to see what was amiss!

Anyway, once I'd discovered that no real damage was done I gave in and dressed myself, ready for this morning's coming hike. While so doing Miss Etta wanted in to the shower stall and stayed there, in solitary, while I returned to kitchen to zap my java and then play with El Diablo on one of the bar stools. When he tired of the long elastic that he loves to chew and bat I threw a smaller one onto the floor near, their water bowls, and he amused himself for quite some time, worrying and washing it! Will have to ask Lady Dar to cut short her holiday to help me with his recreational needs or else hire someone to exercise him! Maybe I should take him hiking. Some of the others bring their dogs so why not a feline! What a life!

Hello Duhlink! Trust you are feeling better. Must away as I'm of to hike. Love and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Solitary confinement!

Hello Clever Cleat People! A round of boisterous applause for St Kilian and his more than terrific Cartwright Mountain hike! In spite of the low flying clouds it was a memorable outing in all respects: No Tyrant barking out orders; more breaks than all the tea in China; more downhill than uphill, [Yes, Teribble Tyrannosaurus, this is possible!]; perfect cleat climbing terrain and a reserved table at The Beanery! Hip Hip Hooray for Killer Kilian! [Don't worry, Big Al, we still love you.] Thanks, friends, for such a companionable, invigorating outing and to King Ottokar for providing his royal limo. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Thanks for adding me to the list Cheers Karen Hi Kashmiri Goil! Glad you received album. How many names do you have, bye the bye? Is your first name
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi and your last name Camptown Lady? Desperately searching for noms de plumes! Cheers, Patrizzio! Thank you Patrick, for sending the photos. I can not believe how you manage to hike and photograph everyone and everything. Truly remarkable, Dorothy Hi Dorothea! Very pleased you enjoy snapolas. You are too, too kind. Not really a big deal but probably one of the reasons I'm usually last in line. Still, everyone overlooks my tardiness so I appreciate that, certainly. At any rate, it's lovely to see you again, especially when I know how terribly busy you are. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Hi, High Resolution Woman! My only resolution is to Rely on Riera! Where are the royalties, by the way? Lady Dar is now Swami Darjeeling after all her yoga classes with Agneta! She will be able to levitate and live on air by the time she returns? Natural gas shortages so lucky Chloë isn't visiting!!! At any rate, since Mme Coriandre will be used to cold water I'll take down towel warmer and disconnect heated floors and electric fireplaces before she's back. Finally, she'll be one taking a cold shower instead of her asking me to do so! Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio!Pics: Miss Etta this morning and bridge this evening!

Patrick ..Thanks again for the photos.. They are stunning...!,...keep up the good work!...On my way home..now in Morro Bay enjoying the hot springs and the area! See you and the OF's soon! Elle Hi Morro Bay Woman! Glad you are enjoying the hot springs! Stay well, Murielle. Travel safely. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello California Bound Folk! Trust you made your flight. Quite enjoyed the presentation on The Dream Café. Have a fabulous and restful time in Palm Desert. Travel safely. Stay well. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: New signage! Late plane blues! Hazel and Jim. Hi Patrick, The chocolate biscuits were lifesavers, as we didn’t get away until 9:30. Luckily in Vancouver airport we walked straight onto our hotel shuttle. Thanks again for the chaufferage. Peter Hi Late Leavers! Really pleased that you made it out of Penticton even if you had to wait for almost four hours! I told you you should have stopped for malt! Anyway, glad choc came in handy. Buona Fortuna domani! Cheers, yer 'umble chauffeur, Patrizzio

Hello The Sisterhood and Sarge! Well, the For Sale sign is up at The Naramata! Took Lynne and Peter to the airport at 5:30 pm. Plane was delayed, by fog, in Vancouver, so departure, from Penticton, was over an hour late. Not until 8:30 pm when I left to attend a lecture at Okanagan College on The Dream Café. Enjoyed it very much. Had invited Josinta and Aarturos for a drink afterwards but they declined as they are meeting with a lawyer tomorrow morning, estate planning, etc., and had to look over things. Lynne, (of Carnegie Hall fame), was there so she dropped me off at home.

Chloë was at The Terrible Twosomes when I phoned to see how she is feeling, visiting with Beckster and The Kid. Her cold/cough is persisting and she isn't feeling all that well. Having difficulty obtaining an appointment with her doctor. Must away as it's time for another episode of Four Seasons in Havana. Forced to drink rum when watching! Love and Cheers, Patrizzio/Dad!

PS: Just heard from Jugos and they didn't leave until 9:30 pm! I had given Lynne some chocolate biscuits when I went for dinner on Sunday, thinking they might make a good travel snack. Peter said they were lifesavers, given how long they had to wait. Straight from flight to hotel at airport so should be fine for their early take-off tomorrow. You still haven’t said if Lynn and Peter are moving to Victoria for sure. Or are they looking in Penticton?? C

No comments:

Post a Comment