Friday 18 January 2019

Back in the Bar Stool Blues: Friday, January 18th!

The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. -Henry David Thoreau, naturalist and author (1817-1862) 

Nightly news in the Trump era!
Hi Kids: Just in case you are near-sighted! Cheers, Patrizzio! Up at 6:00 am again, this morning, although Duke didn't want to have a drink before going outside. Miss Etta was happy to stay inside until I fed her a dollop of wet cat and then she waited until I opened the door for her! Back into bed, having closed door to Rumpus Room, so that I could sleep until 8:20 am. Puff Ball Boy dashed inside when I opened front door and was very pleased with his wet food, even finding a few crumbs Etta had missed on her dish.
Pleasant morning catching up on correspondence and then, after brunch, a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a few things. Wanted a mat to put my bike on, to protect Rumpus Room floor, as well as some Britta filters. Back home to find both felines napping. More messaging, the fire keeping me cosy. Will eat my dinner watching KCTS news-hour and then I'll head into Rumpus Room to finish last few episodes of The Five. If weather remains dry I plan to ride tomorrow. Early as possible before wind becomes an issue. Quite brisk, out of the SSE at 22 km/h gusting to 32 km/h, even though it was almost "balmy" at 5º C!

No comments:

Post a Comment