Saturday 5 January 2019

Wild Cat Blues: Saturday, January 5th!

Be yourself and do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass. -Max Ehrmann, writer and lawyer (1872-1945) 

Thank you Patrick. I have no expectations about Hawaii. It was not a destination on my bucket list but everyone who visits there loves it. Like you, I really like Mexico…the people, the food, the architecture, the beaches. I laughed when you described your organizing efforts and Corinne’s response. It sounds like Bill and I. Bill asks me “who appointed you CEO of the house?” I‘ll try some of your Netflix recommendations. I am watching “Wolf” and I am not even sure of the setting…I think it’s Turkey but it wasn’t well explained at the start of the series. Unfortunately your pictures didn’t send. I would enjoy seeing Corrinne’s locale in Mexico. Have a wonderful January and I’ll see you in Feb. Pamela 
Hi CEO of Littlejohn Road! Please tell Wild Bill that I've started a support group, Insignificant Others of Pushy Women. No initiation fee but you have to provide a signed release from your partner stating that you can join!

[I assume this was at a Winnipeg Jets game. Did they already have the jerseys? Pat Yes at the Jets Skills competition & fun day off for the team & fans. George]


If you are enjoying Wolf, (Thanks for tip as I'd not heard of it.), you might take a look at the Turkish version of Game of Thrones, Diriliş: Ertuğrul. "The titular character, Ertuğrulis the name of the man who would eventually become the founder of the Ottoman Empire. A five-season series you can watch the first two seasons in English on Netflix." Next up for me after I finish Broadchurch!
Diriliş: Ertuğrul, translated as Resurrection: Ertugrul, appeared on the streaming service late last year, and it’s a show that Thrones fans should have their eye on. Netflix is carrying the first two seasons of the Turkish historical epic – first broadcast in 2014 and 2015 – which tells the story of how the Ottoman Empire came to be.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/ertugrul-turkish-game-thrones-netflix/
Diriliş: Ertuğrul, translated as Resurrection: Ertugrul, appeared on the streaming service late last year, and it’s a show that Thrones fans should have their eye on. Netflix is carrying the first two seasons of the Turkish historical epic – first broadcast in 2014 and 2015 – which tells the story of how the Ottoman Empire came to be.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/ertugrul-turkish-game-thrones-netflix/

Not sure if the text of the message I forwarded went through either so I have included it as well. See if these pictures transmit. Hurry up and sign that release form for Wild Bill as I've scheduled a meeting for when you are back from basking in the sun and surf! Have an ab/fab time and send snapolas of having drinks with tiny umbrellas, watching sunsets while nibbling Macadamia nuts! Bon Voyage and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thanks for all your news and pictures! I am going to decline on bridge this Monday as I am flying in on the last flight on Sunday nite so will probably have some jet lag!! Looking forward to seeing you and cats soon! Take care and enjoy the cards Judy Xo Hi Jet-Setter JB! Thanks for speedy reply. I imagined that this might be the case. Nevertheless, we'll have one table for sure. Travel safely and look forward to seeing you when you are well-rested. Hello and fondestos to Vanessa. Cheers, Patrizzio!

I can play Monday Jan 07. Nice pics - even upside down. Susan Happy New Year Patrick. Corinnes place looks wonderfull, but....a little awkward.Is she seeing the world from a different angle down there? Looking forward to our bridge on Monday nights. I will be there. Cheers, Jos Thanks Patrick. I am available for bridge on Monday next week...or any other night as well. Your place looks great Corinne. Have a wonderful time in La Penita. Dianne Thanks Patrick, All the best for everyone, happy New Year !! And have fun bidding wherever you are, in Mexico, Burns Str, or (probably no bidding ) in Thailand where we are going on Monday. So, see you in February. Cheers Mike Happy New Year Ann here....I can play if you need a 4th or 8th as the case may be. Do you want to let me know? OR Do you want me to just come along and figure it out that evening? No worries either way. If so remind me of the time. Newbie Ann

Hello again, Monday Night Bidders! In spite of the fact that Michaelo is in Thailand, Lady Dar is in Mexico, [She claims that she was just trying to mimic my off-kilter snaps but I think she had, in fact, consumed far too, too much Tequila!], Olga Polga is off the radar and JB is suffering from jet-lag, we can still field a table so let's convene anytime after 6:30 pm at 611 Burns Street and bid until the cows come home. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! See you Monday Ann I'll be there. Dianne. 

Hello Friends, Just an update about Jazz Night. Patrick and Chloe will join us for dinner and jazz at The Barking Parrot on Thursday January 24th. The music begins at 7:30, so I will book a table for 8 people at 6:30. Patrick has kindly invited us all to his home for a pre-dinner drink around 5:00. Please reply all to let everyone know if you will join us at Patrick's before dinner. If it doesn't work, you can still let us know and we can meet you at The Barking Parrot at 6:30. Tim and I look forward to a fun evening with our treasured friends! Marian 

Hello Fartograms,
Another great Monday outing is coming up! This time we will lead you to the top of our trusted Mount Conkle with 360 views of Okanagan Lake, Okanagan Provincial Park and all the beautiful valleys and mountains eastward. We will meet at 9:00 AM at the IGA parking lot in Summerland. Pentictonites and southerners should gather at the HH in Penticton at 8:40AM, then carpool to Summerland. After a great hike a beverage of your choice can be enjoyed anywhere you may wish ( ... but probably at our beloved Beanery). Hope to see you all there! Aarturos & Uncle Tony
Diriliş: Ertuğrul, translated as Resurrection: Ertugrul, appeared on the streaming service late last year, and it’s a show that Thrones fans should have their eye on. Netflix is carrying the first two seasons of the Turkish historical epic – first broadcast in 2014 and 2015 – which tells the story of how the Ottoman Empire came to be.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/ertugrul-turkish-game-thrones-netflix/

No comments:

Post a Comment