Tuesday 15 January 2019

Late Sleep-in Courtesy of the Black Cat Blues: Tuesday, January 15th!

The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit. -Moliere, actor and playwright (15 Jan 1622-1673) 

Good Morning to you too, Your Imperiousness Darjeeling! Hello Pushy Broad! No niceties with you, that's for sure!! I haven't said whether The Lighthalls will be oving to Victoria as they themselves do not know, at this point. I did ask them, on Sunday, what their plans were and conversation degenerated into one of Lynne's fuss-fits when Peter added a comment while she was speaking. What I did gather, before she stormed off into the kitchen, was that she didn't want to continue living in such a large space when Peter was away so often. She also said that she had never, ever been interested in "farming" and that Peter was still holding on to this, in spite of the amount of time it took to manage vines, etc., when he was at home.

Photo: Mary Bailey Thomas
The dilemma they find themselves in has to do with having to pay for the building in Victoria while still owning the Naramata property. They seem to feel that they couldn't manage, financially, with another property in Penticton, at the same time, although I cannot really believe that. As well, there seems to be a difference of opinion as to which properties, in town, Peter has investigated. Don't know why Lynne could not do some of that ground work but I didn't pursue that line of enquiry!

Apparently, according to Lynne, their nieces and nephews are not the slightest bit interested in any of the possessions they will rid themselves of, (from furniture to rugs to paintings, [those they will not keep when moving to a smaller space], etc.), so Lynne said we were welcome to most anything we might like. Didn't get down to specifics but my sense is that they will divest themselves, one way or another, of much. The agent met with them on Monday and it looks like this coming May seems to be a target date for the move, wherever that might be, pending sale of the house, of course.

On our home front, I was able to sleep in until just after 8:00 am this morning. Etta was on the chair but Duke was nowhere to be found. Was a tad worried as he was not on the bed when I went to the bathroom around 4:00 am, I think. Anyway, he wasn't on your office chair either when I went to retrieve some Mandarins from garage. However, he dashed inside when I opened front door, puffed and fluffy, from sitting on door mat, so all is well. I played with him on the bar stools and then he gave his elastic a very, very thorough wash afterwards. When I was in bathroom he hopped into one of your baskets under counter and came out with a round sponge, in his mouth, that breaks into segments and proceeded to start chewing it! He really didn't want to let it go but I managed to take it away from him and put it in your medicine cabinet to prevent further depredation. He gazed out of bedroom window for longest time, afterwards, and is now napping on blanket. Miss Etta is on the arm of the settee on patio so quiet has returned.

Another cloudy day with temperature holding steady at -2º C. Might well go for a ride later as rain is forecast for Friday and Saturday, [snowshoeing on Thursday, back at Apex], but will see after I've done a few chores. Want to start working on garage so probably a good time would be when weather isn't conducive to riding. Before that I'll re-arrange chairs in Rumpus Room so that I can set up bike and trainer. This will give me more room in garage to work on sorting out tool cabinets and moving things around on shelving.

Started watching next episode of Four Seasons in Havana last night but subtitles were so small, unlike first, I couldn't follow dialogue. Will ask Chloë if she knows how to increase font size. I couldn't figure it out so I started watching Boardwalk Empire as I've never seen but snippets of the odd episode. [Lynne and Peter didn't like last season of House of Cards but I still want to watch it.] I sat on sofa chair and when The Boy came inside he curled up on my lap. When Chloë was over last week I put the step stool under her knees and it made it quite comfortable for her legs. Did the same and Duke stayed for the whole episode, keeping my warm and cosy, purring sleepily. 

Was supposed to play bridge with Josinta this afternoon but she informed me last night, after they picked me up to go to OC, that she had forgotten appointment with lawyer that afternoon so will not happen until next week. Too bad as I was looking forward to it. Anyway, must away as I want to lay the fire. Hello to Patio Maid Polga and much love and affection, Duhlink. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Sign, Leaving and Dream!

Get a flue shot, you are meeting people all the time .,all those germs !!!! How many times are you sick in a year lots The medical profession won’t be very sympathetic toward you if you Don’t protect yourself Grams  LOL an email from my loving grandma 😩😆❤️ Hello Cold/Cough Sufferer! Well, she is right. We suggested this ages ago, as well. Give me a shout have you have a moment and we can chat about film, sushi, etc. Love, Dad! That’s Grandmothers for you. Have you seen Dr. Begin? Mom That email from Grandma is hilarious…she is over you sissy!!!

Hi Mom, Yup saw the doctor today I have bronchitis, she gave me a puffer and told me to rest. Not sure how I’ll do that with six sets of minutes and nine million emails😩 the puffer makes me super shaky so that’s either a cheap high or a reaction.

Miss you mom, dads a good caretaker though. He is in charge of meals and I pick the movies and tv shows. Those cats are going to be so spoiled when you get home though. Ayn you have not told us anything about the shower, I called you never called back. Love you all. Going to take nighttime drugs and sleep.

So sorry you are sick. Why don’t you work from home and have naps in between doing minutes. The shakiness from the puffer is the reaction I get as well. It is a normal response. I miss you and your dad and the cats as well. Olly is a good companion. We have been watching Morocco a Spanish melodrama set during the Spanish/Moroccan war in the early 1920’s lots of plot twists and romantic triangles. Netflix’s stops and starts but mostly we get through an episode.

We went to Sayulita to day on the collectivo and just got there and was standing on a corner when Nel from the Lloyd Gallery in Penticton came up to say hello. She was there with her family staying for a week and then going on somewhere else for a week. She sent you her greetings Patrick. It was so odd to see her that for a moment I couldn’t remember her name. Yoga tomorrow and playing cards in the evening at Agneta’s. Love to you both.
Lady Dar

Hi Patrick. I can pick up everyone at your place just after 6 pm. Perhaps Susan can pick up Judy on her way to your place. Thanks. Dianne Judy, I will pick u up just a little before 6pm Susan Thanks Susan I will be ready!! Looking forward to seeing every one Judy Xo Hello Self-Organized Chauffeurs and Passenger! Great. Will see everyone near 6:00 pm on Wednesday. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Wild Bill! Thanks! I received snaps on both my phone and to my email. Ellen must be an accomplished teacher and you a quick learner! Certainly much appreciated. Have a grand outing tomorrow and we can compare notes, perhaps over weekend, if you are around. Cheers, Patrizzio! Thanks Patrick! 

Hi Patrick, Happy New Year, hope you are well this winter. I just noticed a Calgary company, Ebus, is offering daily bus service between Vancouver and Kelowna. The bus appears to be a Greyhound type of coach with three axles. Maybe a bus transportation option for your family again. Check out their website for some details. Regards, David Conn Healthy New Year, David! Funnily enough, I am now just managing to get round to answering much of our Christmas mail and your card was on the top of the pile when your latest message arrived! Thanks for the tip about the Ebus service. I took a quick look at the website/schedule/fares, etc., and I think it might well work for any non-car trips to Vancouver. Trust you and Nancy are both well. Any plans for a visit? We'd love to see you again, here in Penticton. All the best. Stay well. Much love to Nancy. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


No comments:

Post a Comment