Saturday 26 August 2017

Childe Harold to the Dark Tower Came Singing the One Over Two Blues: Saturday, August 26th!

When we have the courage to speak out -- to break our silence -- we inspire the rest of the "moderates" in our communities to speak up and voice their views. -Sharon Schuster 




Chloë better hurry up and move as El Diablo Duke was wreaking havoc by 5:30 am this morning so I gave in to his insistent fussings and went into the garage to dismantle the cat door barricade. I decided I wouldn't actually release the catch on the flap to see if Curious George would open it on his own, as he has done many times before when I've not covered it. Leaving him, and Miss Etta, who tagged along, to their own devices, I returned to bed to sleep until just before 7:00 am when Houdini returned to knock the framed Karsh portrait off the bureau beside the bed. Fortunately, the glass didn't break, much to Duke's annoyance, I presume! 

To prevent any further, potential breakage, my own will broken, I struggled out of bed to make my way to the kitchen, leaving Lady Dar to sleep peacefully, while I zapped my mug of java and prepared the morning feast for the sleek and saucy felines. Really quite cool this morning and after I'd finished my various tasks in the kitchen I actually donned one of Dusty's sweatshirts to make myself more comfortable as I sat at my keyboard. Overnight temperatures are certainly conducive for sleeping but signal the fast approaching Fall!

I will be heading to the Farmers' Market this morning, around 9:30 am. Not sure if Lady Dar will join me as she has invited Maya for lunch, [I gather they might have stayed in OK Falls last night.], so she might need to do some preparation/shopping for that as well as for dinner with Lighthalls and their guests, Anne and Byron, along with Judy Pratt, this evening. We will play some bridge while Anne and Lynne and your Mom, visit. Must away to have a bite to eat before I stroll downtown.

Had a grand time at Farmers' Market this morning, around 10:30 am, after a quick visit with good friends of ours, particularly of Chloë's, (Maya, David, Declan and Reuvan), at The Bench Market, on Vancouver Avenue, after spending the night with friends in OK Falls, en route to Vernon where Maya has an aunt and grandmother. That evening we had five for dinner, Lighthalls and their guests, Anne and Byron, from Vancouver, along with Judy Pratt, whom you have met here, on a number of bridge occasions. We played some bridge while Anne and Lynne and Lady Dar visited. I am very pleased to report that I had high score, primarily as I bid and made two contracts, 5 Diamonds first, [Judy was my partner.], and then a few hands later, 5 Spades, Doubled, by Byron, [Jugos was my partner.], and Redoubled, by me, both times! Gave me 4,970 points by the end of the evening!

Hello Papa, Thank you so much for the wedding photos. We are currently making an album and these are a big help. Sorry it took a while for the response. I've been so busy after my first week in the LAFD drill tower. I've already learned so much and it's only going in the second week. It was great seeing you for the wedding and we are trying to figure my future schedule to plan a trip up there to see you, nana, and Chloe. Thanks again for the photos.
Love, Alex and Samantha




Hello Patrick and Corinne, It looks like I can make other plans for Tuesday. Can you please confirm with me. Looking into the week of Sept.3rd, we will not be back before Wednesday Sept 6th from Vancouver, and will miss Gill and Phil's farewell potluck.Hope to see both of them this Monday on our hike. Have a great time with your company and I'll see you when we are back again.
Happy Greetings, Jos
 Tuesday is definitely out for us. When do you leave for Vancouver? Corinne So it looks like the pot luck and bridge is off for next week so just want to say bye to you all, have a great winter and see you next year - probably we're not back till mid March time. Take care and have fun Gill
thanks to both of you for an enjoyable evening of eating, drinking , conversation and playing cards. I enjoyied all and meeting your friends. I would love to have the salmon recipe, Corinne. It was dielicious!!! Judy xoxox
 


No comments:

Post a Comment