Tuesday 29 August 2017

Naramata Road Blackberry Pickin' Blues: Tuesday, August 29th!

The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts. -John Locke, philosopher (29 Aug 1632-1704) 

Dear Patrick: Thank you so much for your cheerful message. It was a real pleasure to make your and Dar’s acquaintance. What a lucky happening that we both are friends of Randy Nadeau. I look forward to seeing him again after so many years, and to see you again, when he comes. I only hope that it will not be this week, because Terry and I we’ll have a house full of family to attend to. After the week-end it will be fine, except during the week of September 17.
Warm wishes, Rene’

 
Hi Rene’! Trust you and Terry are well, especially with your house full of visitors! Have not yet heard from Randy so not sure if he is away in Taiwan or not. At any rate, I doubt that the will be visiting in next little while, perhaps next year, we hope.

On another matter, I received the wonderful invitation to your book launch. We do hope to attend but have to wait to see when visitors from Switzerland will be staying with us. They will be driving from Banff to stay for a number of nights so have to confirm when that will be as it will most likely be the week of the 18th! As soon as I hear from them I will let you know. Do hope we can manage to "juggle" their stay as would be delighted to learn more about your memoir. Until then, all the best. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi Al, How are you doing?  I was wanting to know if you had had a chance to send your recommendations and supply only quote? I may have missed the email but the realtor is asking on behalf of the developer, I truly will follow your choice as what would be best suited for me/my place! My needs truly are just the easiest way to vaccuum my place, having three portals for plugging in the hose (one per level) and cost depending either having the hose seperate to take up and down the three levels or having the hose set up that is stored within the tubing (the model my folks currently have). I do like that small piece that is under kitchen cabinet but not sure if I can afford if its super fancy or depending on the size/specs to have it fit in the space ? Again I will do as you suggest, thank you for your time and attention to this. :) Chloe

Hi Chloe, I emailed the quote and the CV plan to both you and Patrick at 6:19 on August 22nd. I believe Patrick replied to me after he got it. Check your junk mail and if it’s not there let me know and I will resend it. Regards, Alan Hi Al,

Oops I did get it my apologies, I was on Vacation and must have missed it!! Thank you. We will be in touch. We should talk about Vacuum or other details Are you home this evening??

Hi Gil! Thanks for everything so far! Not sure if Chloë forwarded this to you but here are all the various units. Main unit I suggest would be Filtered Cyclonic as it does not need to be vented, if that is an issue for Strata regulations, etc. As long as piping/outlets are roughed in, we can purchase/install power unit ourselves. Thanks, Patrizzio!

Patrizzio, A couple of issues have suddenly surfaced with my Dad, so it is looking like a visit early September is not likely. My Dad has a couple of (new) issues and appt.s I have to arrange and be here for. Then, there are my own med requirements and appt. Sep 14. After Sept 14, barring unforeseen complications, it looks pretty good, and I won’t worry if I run into early October - I *really* don’t want to put on studded snows and drive all the way there and back on dry pavement! I’ll tell that to the tire Police if I gt caught

Renovate the kitchen!?!?! Yikes … way beyond any reasonable call on your friendly talented handyman. I recall Lady Dar talking about “joining up” the rec room with the main part of the house, but I just can’t see how that can happen without re-locating the kitchen to start with. And I can’t visualize any other layout for that main area that would be as functional. You’d have to move out or eat peanut butter sandwiches while that was being done! Your kitchen is just fine! Functional. Well laid out. I urge you to use your authority to divert Lady Dar’s attention to more worthy (and more doable) causes!

On a technical note, I can alway tell when you do a Copy + Paste text into an email, as the text you paste is generally a different font(!). To avoid this optically embarrassing issue, not to mention revealing your inner soul, you should Copy + “Paste and Match Style”. How is Penticton? Is the lake down? Smoke? Econmic ruin due to lack of (paying) tourists? talktoyasoon//bjp Branko

No comments:

Post a Comment