Tuesday 8 August 2017

Linda's Books and Box-Cutter Blues: Tuesday, August 8th!

No one worth possessing / Can be quite possessed. -Sara Teasdale, poet (8 Aug 1884-1933)

Tarrant’s Seltzer Aperient
“I never have a headache after a ball because I take Tarrant’s Seltzer Aperient.”
Image: Boston Public Library
This tonic, is what Lady Dar swears by after an evening on the town!

Up at 5:50 am when Soccer Boy started throwing his crumpled pieces of paper off my bedside dresser! Instead of fighting the urge to remain in bed I decided to get up and feed the wild beasts. Tip-toed into the kitchen and closed the sliding door to the bedroom so that I wouldn't disturb Lady Dar while I prepared my java and assembled crunchies, topped with pumpkin, for Etta. Duke had zipped out the front door as soon as I opened it but, of late, Miss Etta likes to perform her morning ablutions while waiting for the slow service to kick in and then eat before she heads outside. Noticed Houdini on the back of the settee on the front patio, [Hadn't yet opened the garage cat door.], so I let him in and he immediately hoppe dup onto the island counter, not only to supervise but also to try and snag the rubber band we use to close the bag of dental crunchies. Gad, what early morning shenanigans!

Early this afternoon we will go over to Linda's to help her move her books. She has MS, (although is doing extremely well), and it is pretty difficult for her to move heavy objects. As well, I will cut up her cardboard boxes for recycling bin, in spite of the fact that she wants to forget about them in a room downstairs!  Lady Dar has a meeting at Play later on, to see if winery might consider being a major sponsor for Caroling for a Cause, the GFA fund-raising project for this December she initiated. This being the case, I plan to put my bike on the rack and ride from Linda's once I finished with any chores she might need help with.

Must away as I needs must make myself some breakfast to fuel the busy day ahead.


PS: Lady Dar's reading suggestions: The first is a list of some of my favorite authors, many mystery writers and I have also listed, at the end, some titles I've enjoyed recently.

Jussi Adler-Olsen, Karin Slaughter, Asmara Zehanat Khan (set in Canada), Ian Hamilton (read in order), Lisa Scottoline, David Baldacci, Tana French, Charles Todd, Inner Ash Wolfe, Stephen L Carter, Owen Laukkanen ( Vancouver Mystery writer), Denise Mina (Scottish), Louise Penny (read in order) set in Quebec

Zadie Smith, Swing Time, Colum Whitehead, The Underground Railway, Peter Behrens, Carry Me, Sebastian Faulks, Where My Heart Used to Beat


Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1904689819#.WYphEkYZEv4.email
 


Hi Patrice, Yes amazing what a few snorts of the meth will do as those guys drove straight from here to your place non stop!. No need to stop for food or fuel as one doesn't need to eat apparently and with the super human strength that comes with it are able to simply push their quads from one destination to another!.

We had a very successful outdoor concert here on Sunday night which of course was organized for the most part by me so quite relieved and feeling good about going forward..onward and upward !! I was even featured in the hope Standard doctoring up one of our delicious Smokies we offered free to members ( non Members and guests had to pay $4 each for fries and smokies).
 

http://www.hopestandard.com/entertainment/video-sunshine-valley-days/

Will send more pics. etc later when I get some. Have a great day, and ttys. Al


Hi Sunshine Valley Days People! Sorry that it has taken me a bit of time to send along apologies for not giving you a shout over the weekend. I gather we were at the Farmers' Market when you called and never, ever, seemed to stop twirling! For our part, enjoyed a very busy, full, long-weekend. Great video overview of your community fund-raiser. Looked like loads of fun but a terrific amount of work, I'm sure!

Must away as I needs must ready my riding gear. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well, take care of yourselves and we look forward to your visit. I gather you will arrive on Sunday, August 27th. Is this still the plan? Let us know, closer to the time, when you think you'll hit town so we can plan accordingly, whether for wine-tasting, swimming, riding the KVR, dinner, building shelves, fixing wiring, etc! Fondestos from Lady Dar, just off the phone with Chloë, now starting to panic about selling and move! Kids today!!! Cheers, Il Conduttore/Patrizzio, aka Master Freeloader Extraordinaire!


Hi Linda and Zircon! What a lovely visit/reunion. Sorry that it has taken me a bit of time to send along these snaps but we never seemed to stop after Saturday evening! Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well, Zircon, take care of yourself and we look forward to a visit, at some point. If you bring cheap Alberta malt you can stay with us, if not, sleep with the empty cardboard boxes at Linda's! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hello Luau Party and Summer of Love People! Trust you are both well. Sorry that it has taken me a bit of time to send along greetings and thanks, Patrizzia #2, but always my favourite, in spite of your place on the Nickname Ladder, for compliments on my wedding attire! Sorry indeed, that we will miss your fabulous Hawaiian Bash but I will be sporting a Hawaiian shirt on Saturday, August 19th, at the wedding of Corey, (Flamin's/Sarge's son), and Rebecca, to be married by Lady Dar in Kamloops, that afternoon. I'll send photo-evidence so please enter me in contest, in absentia!!!


Must away as I needs must ready my bike and such. Fondestos from Lady Dar to you both. Stay well, take care of yourselves and we look forward to hearing all about the the Hula Hoop Competition! Cheers, Patrizzio! Pic: Which shirt? 

Hello Upper Bench Pizzaria! Just two months and two weeks late BUT still a quick note to thank everyone for such a fabulous, fabulous evening at the more than wonderful Pizza Launch!!! The pizza was superb, extraordinarily tasty beyond compare; the wine, wonderful, beyond compare, and dangerously plentiful, as always; the misters cooling perfectly; the staff red hot and super efficient! Thanks and Fondestos from Lady Dar, Ragin' Bull and Patrizzio! Pics: Pizza Heaven! Thanks Patrick! Great time as always. Hi Ricardo! Glad you enjoyed the snaps. See you at some point in the not too, too distant future, I trust! Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Chloe, Patrick and Corinne - I figured that I would add you all on the correspondence moving forward so that we are all on the same page. Thanks for all the supporting paperwork; I will go over it all as soon as I have a moment and get back to you with questions. Have a good day. zamir Hi Zamir! Thanks for including us. Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Zamir! Here is my SIN so please proceed with my pre-approval. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment