Monday 14 August 2017

House Hunting Big Den Blues: Monday, August 14th!

Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things. -Russell Baker (b. 14 Aug 1925)

It's official!!!
Whether Duke was making up for not having us at home for Sunday morning, he was a wildcat this morning, playing a rough and tumble game of soccer atop us both. I even had to throw a pillow at him as he sunk his claws and teeth into my sheet clad right leg with more than gentle resolve!  Must away as we are to meet Gil in half an hour at the latest house ChloĆ« would like us to look at, on her behalf!

Chloe Alexis Dunn Patrick, Corinne......Duke for Halloween!!
Patrick James Dunn
Patrick James Dunn Duke has no intention of being a bat. He's gearing up to be Count Dracula!
Hi Spiller Road Folk, et al! Have not heard from Michaelo or Judy Blue yet. I'm available tonight or tomorrow evening but think Gilliana and Phillipo would find tonight best. I will need a lift to Spiller Road if we play there as Lady Dar is off to Osoyoos for a couple of days. That being said, I'm happy to host if Michaelo isn't coming and/or JB doesn't wish to drive to the farthest reaches of The Naramata. Please let me know what your plans might be and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!  Hi all, Sorry I am not available for bridge this weekšŸ˜Ž Hope the cards are good for all Judy Hi Kids! Judy Blue cannot play this week and haven't heard from Mike so tonight is off for sure, and probably for rest of the week. If I hear from anyone perhaps we can schedule another evening but we'll simply have to play it by ear. Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hi my bridge friends, We just said good by to our Calgary friends who stayed with us for a few days, so it is a bit too soon for me to play today, too much work around the house. Next week looks much better for me, so see you soon.
Mike
Thanks Patrick. I am looking forward to getting my body moving again. I'll be back to play Bridge. Please keep me in the loop I'll join in when I can. Happy Bridging! Pam ITU - Aug 21 - 7 am - 1 pm - Water Aid Station - Lakeshore and Martin Patrick, My friend, Jacinta, is looking for help to man an aid station as per the above info. Could you help out? Pam 

Illustration: DonkeyHotey
Hi ITU Woman! From Trail Runner to Triathlete in two messages! Wow! Yes, I'm happy to help out at the Water Aid Station, on Monday, August 21st, at 7:00 am until 1:00 pm, at Lakeshore and Martin. Do I just show up there, at the appointed time, or is there some sort of pre-event orientation? We are off to Kamloops on Friday morning for a wedding Lady Dar will perform on Saturday. Not back until Sunday, probably early afternoon. At any rate, I can't imagine duties will be all that complicated. Nevertheless, let me know what you'd like me to do and I'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Thank you for your help Patrick. I’ll link you up to Jacinta so you can get info directly from the source. Also, I think that Jacinta is in need of a couple more volunteers so if you know anyone else who might help out please have them contact Jacinta. Many thanks.Jacinta, please provide Patrick with the info that he will need to be at the right place at the right time:) Pamela Hi Jacinta! Just wondering what I need to do for Monday. As well, Corinne will be available to volunteer on Tuesday, if you should need her. I am happy to ask others if you can give me an idea of slots needed to be filled. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

How wonderful, Patrick! I will forward this email to Cal, who is the one organizing the volunteers for that one station. I know he wants more people, but I'm not sure how many. See you bright and early on Monday! Jacinta Hi Jacinta! Great. I'll wait to hear from Cal regarding other volunteers. See you on Monday! Cheers, Patrizzio! 
   
I was viewing this property and thought you might be interested. Search all properties: www.searchhomelistings.ca View: 2001 Wall Street Unit 208, Vancouver, BC V5L 5E4 It looks great, CorinneHi everybody, I just wanted to give you a quick update. All of the marketing material is now ready and the listing has just hit the MLS system. Love to hear your feedback. Have a click around the virtual tour, we're using a new type of Virtual Reality technology called Matterport for the first time. I think it turned out amazing. Here is what it will look like online: My website:

http://chrisnaples.ca/mylistings.html/listing.r2196751-2001-wall-street-vancouver-v5l-5e4.68879113

Vancitylofts.com Hot Sheet:

http://www.vancitylofts.com/r2196751-208-2001-wall-street

Matterport Virtual Reality Tour and 3D Dollhouse Floorplan:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=cNqD4A8nr7k&mls=1

It will hit the public sites like Realtor.ca and rew.ca in 48 hours, realtors get a 2 day head-start on their personal websites and networks. Open houses: Thursday 530-730, Saturday 2-4, Sunday 2-4 Offers: To be accepted and reviewed on evening of Tuesday, August 22. I'll keep everyone posted as things progress throughout the week. I am expecting a lot of phone calls and interest.
More rumors of further changes to mortgage regulations should have buyers motivated and active:
http://www.bnn.ca/realtors-brace-for-next-mortgage-crackdown-amid-shadow-banking-fear-1.827890 Talk to you all soon! Chris Naples


Hey Guys, As mentioned, are you able to re send your income supporting docs as the copies sent in were very unclear and cut off and regular sized for some pages and then extra large for others. The only clear form was Patriccio's 2016 T1 General and the Property Assessments. So we would need to collect the following:

- 2015/2016 T1 Generals for Corinne
- 2015/2016 NOA for Corinne
- 2015 T1 Generals for Patrick
- 2015/2016 NOA's for Patrick
- 2015/2016 NOA's for Chloe

This is not required until you have an accepted offer but you might as well start rounding it up regardless. Thanks, zamir
Hi Zamir, I have all my parents documents at home so can rescan and send tomorrow. Thanks, Chloƫ Chloe you have the noa can you resend to Zamir. Mom Sounds good. Have a good day. zamir

Hi all, Here is the plan for an Old Farts hike this Thursday. We are going to hike up Vaseux Canyon. The weather is warm; the water level is low; it just seems the right time to give it a go!

We will meet at 0800 at Home Hardware north parking lot in P’ton (0740 at IGA in Summerland) and head south. We will park at SORCO and head for the canyon from there. As usual, we will hike/walk up the creek in the canyon as far as the little waterslide and then climb out of the canyon and return to SORCO via the benches south of Eagle Bluff.

You will require some old sneakers or equivalent to walk up the canyon. Please, no flip-flops. And I highly recommend at least one hiking pole. We will have a rope to assist us past a couple of obstacles. You will get wet but, with a warm day, your clothes will dry quickly. Take along a change of clothes if you wish, and definitely a dry pair of socks for the hike out. Also take along your hiking boots or good hiking sneakers. You will carry them around your neck or in your pack while in the canyon, and will wear them to climb out of the canyon and on the return hike.

 

A bit of a warning……there is poison ivy in the area which we must be cautious to avoid. I suggest long pants and sleeves for the trip out of the canyon. And a request….please, no pets. We have found them to be a liability on a hike of this sort. If numbers become a problem, we may have to limit the number of hikers. So, please let me know soon if you are interested in joining us. Have I forgotten anything? If so, I will send along a further note to those planning on going on this hike. Looking forward to a great day! Cheers, Jim Hi again, Thanks to those who pointed out my error. I meant Thursday, August 17th, not August 7th. Oops! Cheers, Jim

Didn't manage to go for my ride today, until well into the evening. We had an appointment to see a house, with Gill, at 9:00 am and once back home had loads to do around the house, after having house guests fro two night and then being away at Spirit Ridge for Saturday night. Lady Dar had to do a bit of grocery shopping as she was heading back to Osoyoos until Wednesday. Once she was back and packed I helped her load the car and then waved goodbye. Plenty of catch-up messages to send so I while I digitated I watched the first recorded Stage of The Tour, having moved my "office" onto the round table in the living room. What with one thing and another, it was soon 6:45 pm and I realized that if I was going to ride, I needed to set off. By the time I was kitted out it was just after 7:00 pm so I knew I would have to take my LED lights along. 

Since I knew it would be be dark before I finished I didn't want to be riding on any of he major thoroughfares, south or north of the city, so decided on the Hamster Cage, my fall-back route. Wasn't much traffic on Lakeshore so I was pleased about that, especially in the fading, smokey light. Worked my gerbil ways for one complete loop of the HC and said hello to a gorgeous deer, looking me straight in the eye, ears flicking as I rode past, just off the KVR path, not far from the Vancouver Hill. After that I broke up the monotony of re-riding, exactly, the same streets by making a few changes in the way I completed the various loops, dipsy-doodling as viable possibilities presented themselves. 

Overall, reminded me of being in France except I was out in the countryside there and rode without needing a light. Knew the road surfaces so well from my numerous daylight outings that I could be sure there were no uneven surfaces, especially important on any downhill runs. As well, my eyes adjusted to the darkness and the light of the moon was more than enough. In this instance, the streetlights provided more than enough illumination even offering me glimpses of my odometre readings so that I could follow both AVG and distance.

Close to 9:30 pm I was ready to make my way home and when I rolled up to the back door, Miss Etta came to welcome me home. Not sure if I would leave that late again but nevertheless a very pleasant and refreshingly cool outing.  Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1916783982#.WZNcK0Ohywk.email

Library Friends; Friends of Libraries; Librarian Friends; Friends of Librarians . . . Really, to anyone who can fog a mirror (increasingly difficult for some of us . . . :) I would draw your attention to S.T.E.A.M. (See below). The Penticton Public Library (PPL-- https://pentictonlibrary.ca/steam ) is crowd sourcing for a programme geared to an oft-forgotten group of library patrons—‘tweens’. As a PPL Trustee I would heartedly recommend this programme to you, and hope you might find the wherewithal to contribute. So far the Library is over half-way to its goal. It certainly must be commended for this initiative, and their resolve to make it happen despite inadequate municipal support. As Trustees we are trying to help staff go the distance. I am reaching out to you but please feel NO obligation. All tangible expressions of support and generosity will receive a tax receipt.

How can you donate? To support this pilot program, the Library has launched a GoFundMe campaign. Click the link below or on the image on our main website ( https://pentictonlibrary.ca/steam ) to be taken to the campaign page. https://www.gofundme.com/pplcodingcamp Heartfelt thanks

What is S.T.E.A.M.?

S.T.E.A.M. is the acronym Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math. S.T.E.A.M. programs in libraries allow youth to explore these concepts in a fun and creative environment.

Why is the library offering S.T.E.A.M. programs?

Libraries are providers of access. We want to give local youth opportunities to develop 21st-century skills and multiple literacies. We will be starting two new programs in the fall that will focus on S.T.E.A.M. concepts: The Afterschool Coding Club and S.T.E.A.M. Powered (a collaboration with the Penticton Museum and Archives). Registration for these programs is first-come, first-serve, and will open on September 11th. 

What are you fundraising for?

We are fundraising $5000 to purchase technology for our Afterschool Coding Club program. This will be a pilot program with a small test group of 10 participants ages 8-12 (tweens). Our goal is to introduce tweens to the basics of coding using several different programming languages and technologies ranging from laptops to small robots to coding board games. We will use this pilot to shape the direction of future S.T.E.A.M. programming at the library.

Examples of the items we plan to purchase are:

Makey Makey: http://www.makeymakey.com/  

Sphero SPRK+: http://www.sphero.com/sprk-plus  

No comments:

Post a Comment