Wednesday 16 August 2017

Early Morning Vegetable Plot Watering Blues: Wednesday, August 16th!

Eminent posts make great men greater, and little men less. -Jean de La Bruyere, essayist and moralist (16 Aug 1645-1696) 


Not sure if Duke was having a cat nightmare or not but he let out a couple of howls around 4:00 am and his distress wakened me, although Miss Etta, sleeping in the living room, didn't seem at all fazed. When I got up to see what was the matter he followed me into the bathroom and looked like he was a sniffer dog, following his nose over the small rug there, sniffing, as well, almost the entire floor. Not sure if he was looking for some insect or other but I could see no evidence of anything that might have caught his attention. So, back to bed  until 5:30 am when more agitation, on his part, made me decide to open the front door to let both of them out to roam the neighbourhood. Following that I returned to my quiet bed and the next thing I knew it was 7:50 am and Duke was sleeping in his usual spot a the foot of the bed, on Lady Dar's side, Etta on the living room carpet. After I had let them out I went to the garage to un-barricade the cat door so that they could come back inside if they chose to do so.

After I prepared their crunchies and pumpkin I zapped my java and went outside to water the front garden and vegetable plot. Lovely cool morning although the sun was starting to warm things up as there wasn't as much smoke as yesterday. Not sure if and when I might go for a ride, at this point. 

Hi Zamir! I was able to obtain PDF files for my 2016 NOA and 2015 NOA but 2014 doesn't seem to be available in that format. I have printed out paper copies of the three years in question, (which I will give to Chloë this weekend), BUT, once again, I am unable to print entire NOA so I had to cut & paste the Summary into Word to be able to print that particular frame/page. Unless you have any other suggestions, I trust this information will suffice. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi All, These cut and pasted summaries will not suffice. Lenders require formal CRA documents for verification. Your next email that attaches Corinne's 2015 NOA 3 times is good. Now we need the following: - 2015/2016 NOA for Patrick - 2015 T1 General for Patrick - 2015/2016 T1 General for Corinne - 2016 NOA for Corinne - 2015/2016 NOA for Chloe Don't worry about 2014 for now. Hopefully the lender will not require it but it will depend on what the T1 Generals look like. Zamir Kassam

Hello Zamir! Regarding your last message, of the three files for Corinne, I inadvertently included an additional copy of the 2015 NOA, thinking it was, in fact, the 2016 NOA. Now, the missing one is attached. Sorry for the mistake and ensuing confusion. In an earlier message, to Chloë, I attached pdf files for the 2014, 2015 and 2016 T1 General for myself and 2016 for Corinne. I will resend this message to you. Thanks, Patrizzio!   

Hello Zamir! Here are four files, [My three Ti Generals for '14, '15 and '16, along with Corinne's for '16. I sent them to Chloe on August 4th] Still having difficulty finding information for other two years as TurboTax seems to have no record of her '14 and '15 returns. However, I am in the process of contacting the friend whose PC I used to submit a number of returns, (at that time TurboTax didn't have software for Macs), to see if he might have archived copies of these returns. I am also on hold to CRA to see if the Help Desk can explain why I cannot print out the complete NOAs.  With respect to Chloë's 2015/2016 NOA she has them "packed away" at the Loft but will be able to "unearth" them on Monday as she is, literally, en route to Penticton for the weekend. Thanks, Patrizzio!

Hi Zamir! I just talked to CRA and have requested printed copies of my NOAs and Option C for T1 General returns. Representative said that delivery would be 10 business days. Corinne will request same when she returns home. Thanks, Patrizzio! Sounds good. I will send everything by fedex to your office when we receive it. Corinne Sounds good.

Hi Heather! I would like a charitable tax receipt for my donation to the After School Coding Club. Thanks and Cheers, Patrick! PS: My wife, Corinne Durston and I, both retired librarians, (VPL for her, UBC for me), are extremely pleased with PPL, in terms of service and collections. Think this latest initiative is an exciting one so Buona Fortuna!

It has been baking hot, almost from the very get-go, this morning so I decided to postpone my ride until later in the day. Lady Dar returned from Osoyoos around 11:30 am, greeted by Duke. In addition, Jugos Dom Pedro dropped by after his golf game, around 2:30 pm, to collect his martini shaker. He also brought along his chain saw but was unable to make even a dent in the iron oak I had hoped he would have been able to slice into burnable sections. Guess I'll have to wait for Bill, next door, to return from the Yukon. [I think you had the same waiter that we had when we went to Mirador earlier this summer with the “other” Kathleen Gray and Gordon. Looks as though you were all having lots of fun as per …. We enjoyed a nice lunch with Hazel and Hal at Lake Breeze on Tuesday and Peter played golf with Leighton on Wednesday. It’s a small world!!L. L]

At any rate, after Jugos said goodbye I still had plenty to do with a few household chores and a run for groceries. Her Library School classmate, Louise Fairley, had contacted her when she knew she and her family would be in Penticton, and she popped by for a visit around 4:00 pm. Enjoyed seeing her after 40 years. Unfortunately, she was not able to make the 40th class reunion this past May so she and Lady Dar were able to have a good catch-up. 

Louise left around 5:30 pm, [Hi Louise! Lovely to see you today! I trust we'll see you again, in the not too, too distant future. Until then, enjoy your stay in Penticton. Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Classmates who graduated forty years ago!
Lovely, Patrick, Thanks for the pics. It was truly wonderful to see the two of you again. Somehow, the years just fall away! I'm sure we shall see each other again in the not-too-distant future. Louise], and after that I started to get ready to hit the road. It was about 6:30 pm when I set out, Earlier, wind had been out of the south so I imagined I'd head for OK Falls but the direction of Amanda's wind sock soon disabused me of that notion. The direction had changed and now the wind was blowing fiercely out of the N/NW at 24 kph. Going down Ellis I had to fight my way to PTC even though it is almost completely downhill. This being the case I decided it was another day for the Hamster Cage and as Lakeshore was quite congested I did a the gerbil loop off Power until I had close to 22km on the clock before heading back to Burns to start it all over again. 
When back at the bottom of Riverside I decided to add three loops of the parking lot of the mini-mall there as it was almost completely free of cars so plenty of space to manoeuvre, then back to loop off Riverside onto the straight run, out of most of wind, on Burnaby to Westminster to the mall, Did this three times so I had close to 40 km on the odometer before I left PTC for the bottom of Government. Dipsy-doodled on the streets, thereabouts until I had enough on the clock to return to PTC and then make the final run up Ellis. Had my LED light on just after 8:00 pm but it stayed lighter, later, this evening as there was virtually no smoke cover. Had hoped to arrive with an AVG of 21 kph but couldn't hold that on slight climb up Ellis and into the wind again, on White. Nevertheless, pleased with "stretch" outing after yesterday's decent, longer run and higher AVG. Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1920982362#.WZXIePi350s.email
 

Jessica Lewis I love reading your biking adventures. You have motivated me to strap my bike to my jeep and possibly ride the path at the beach. Not really ready yet to ride on public street. Or better yet, maybe I will just go to the cycling class at the gym. It will be safer for me. Hi Jessica! Glad you enjoy my silly scribblings but even more that perhaps they will get you riding, one way or another! I'm watching more recorded Stages of the Tour at the moment, and the incredible daily distances, formidably steep climbs and AVG speeds are almost enough to want to make me quit cycling all together! Chloë might even join you in the gym as she mentioned she thinks she will buy a pair of cluip-ons for the spin classes she goes to! Now, all I need is for Lady Dar to ride the KVR with me! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment