Saturday 5 August 2017

Return to Balsamic Bliss Farmers' Market Blues: Saturday, August 5th!

Doubt comes in at the window when inquiry is denied at the door. -Benjamin Jowett (1817-1893) 


Beware Freeloaders Everywhere! Think that this is the perfect sign, [Except it should read "No Vacancy"], for the Burns Street Gin Joint and Hot Sheets Hotel, aka Tummler's Reach, Burns Street Base Camp, etc., etc.! There’s always room, (for improvement), at the Solecism Inn, (Photo: Dorothy Delina Porter). When guests inform us that they wish to stay for more than one night Lady Dar replies: "Weely?" Must away as I'm off to Rona to buy a new Mirco Fridge. [At least it's manufactured in Amurrica, not overseas or south of the Rio Grande!] I gather it has room for six flats of Bud, twenty Growlers and a case of 8th Generation Rosé! Once back I'm planning to ride the KVR on my new ATV, dressed in camo and packin', and hope to run any stinkin' Commie cyclists over the sheer drop-off near the Little Tunnel! Yeehaw!!! Cheers, Red-Neck Rizzio!
Pic: Open before reading message!

Fantastic! I would pay good money to see you in cammo on a quad! Hope all is well. Hello Christina Lake People! In spite of the warning, we'd love a visit! Trust you four are well. Bouncing from one wedding to another. Back, mid-July from LA to attend Alejandro's wedding to Samantha. Fabulous affair indeed. Last weekend we were in Little Shuswap where Lady Dar married Leah, eldest daughter of the Squamoids, Ruthless and Ricardo, to Mason. Another wonderful affair. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë to you, Flash, and your hareem! Let us know when we can expect a visit so that I'll have the quad ready! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Such "growers," and "cookers," out there. You folks are really spectacular; and always enjoy the news. Beautiful couple getting married, and so much good news; just love to hear what is going on there.....thanks. We are as busy as usual too....worked yesterday at serving hot dogs for "Helping Hands", so was interesting too. Big parade in Steinbach, so full of people.....was fun. Keep busy, but don't work so hard.....do know your doing some biking too.......be careful, as you are.....Love, A & S xxxx Your cat bag is great.......

Hi Helping Hands Hot Dog People! Lovely to hear from you and know all goes well. However, Lady Dar has asked me to remind you that we are the proud owners of a pet carrier NOT a cat bag! We strolled down to the Farners' Market this morning, visiting with many of the vendors we've come to know. I've a few chores to accomplish shortly and when Chloë and Lady Dar are looking at houses I plan to go for a ride. OK Falls will be my destination.

Pics of Farmers' Market: Doug at Eco Spray, great for marble counter tops in kitchen; St Kilian, (L), and Jake. I went to United College, in Winnipeg, with Jake back in 1965-1967. He was a Flin Flon boy. He introduced me to hiking group here. St Kilian is in same group. Looking north towards Summerland. First time in days that one can actually see Giant's Head! Jenny, basket weaver and pillow maker. She lived at the south end of Riding Mountain National Park, not that far from Dauphin, [Lady Dar's parents were both from there and she was born there 70 years ago!], when she was married to a biologist who studied wolves, in the '60's, I believe. Josie sells fabulous marinade, using edible lavender as one ingredient.


We would love to come up and say hello - but it’s hard to see through all the smoke these days!  We were up at Christina for a week at the beginning of July - the weather was perfect and not a speck of smoke anywhere, thankfully. The whole family had a great time sitting on the dock - we didn’t even make it into Rossland. Well, I did for an afternoon, but that was it. 

Interesting about putting the loft up for sale and Chloë coming up to your neck of the woods. I daresay it will fetch a pretty penny. In fact, I have friends who are looking for a loft now, and I’ll let them know about the place - do you happen to have the name of the realtor and/or the MLS listing? Delightful to hear of your cycling exploits as well as all the guests. I must say I am looking forward to retirement. Perhaps not right away, as there is the small matter of a couple of children and such, but the cycling you do does make me rather envious. -A.

Hi Flash!  Too, too bad we didn't connect in July although we may well have been in LA at the time you were sittin' on the dock of the bay! Just back from a brisk ride to the bottom of McLean Creek Rd, close to OK Falls. We have a good friend, Linda Ervin, coming for dinner, so I had to cut my riding time short, under orders from Lady Dar! Linda was the minister at Kitsilano United and we got to know her there before she moved to Penticton. I convinced her not to sell her house there when she moved to Lethbridge. She just retired and moved back at the beginning of August. I plan to tell her she owes me half the value of the place now!

Have been avoiding Eastside Road for past few weeks as the wind out the north has been pretty brutal, for months it seems. Anyway, I started off with my route regulare, Ellis/PTC/Lakeshore/Riverside then back to start of KVR, up to Vancouver to turn around and thence to Government. By the time I was whizzing past Skaha Lake Park I had almost 21 km on the clock so I decided I'd just ride until I had logged 31 km and then turn around. Must say that the head wind wasn't quite as fierce as I feared it would be. Garmin suggested it was only blowing at 10 kph out of the north but I think it was closer to 16 kph, at least form past experience. Nevertheless, I managed to hold an AVG of 22.5 kph until I had to start the gradual climb up South Main. Regained a bit back on long run down Government but lost it again, dipsy-doodling around PTC before return leg on Ellis and White. Still, quite pleased with outing. Map and Stats for ride: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1898397722#.WYZrzqD_zM8.email 

I mentioned the fact that your friends are interested in a loft, to Chloë, so she will be in touch. I think the realtor is Chris Naples and as I mentioned, place is planned to be listed on the 14th of this month. Must away as I'm charged with opening a 2016 Terravista Viognier, 14.5%, what we used to consider to be a bare minimum for Zins from California! O Meeker where art thou? Must away as Linda just arrived. We are on the back patio, Lady Dar shucking Peaches 'n Cream, from today's market. As well, steak, on the bbq, and beet salad, more market fare, with our own fresh tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil, again, from our planter, drizzled with a wonderful marinade, again from today's market. Not sure which red, with dinner, but I'm leaning towards a 2011 Orofino Red Bridge Merlot, 14%. Cannery Brewing's Muse Pale Ale, 6.5%, quenched my thirst after ride, washing down the smoke and grime, but we need a tiny blockbluster to compliment the red meat! Fondestos to Super K. Stay well, take care of each other and let us trust that our paths will cross in the not too, too distant future. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Really a great evening,-glad everyone enjoyed! Judy we missed you. See you on the 12th of October. A reminder please . Why are we not meeting sooner? Ben sends regards to all. Corrine really looking forward to your list. A bientot! Senka Hello Senka, et al! I assume you meant to send this to everyone, Albariña, so I've taken the liberty of replying to all! Hope this is fine. For my part, I don't really know why we are not meeting sooner but I gather it was due, in the main, to everyone's busy schedules, holidays, etc. Cheers, Patrizzio! I agree meeting sooner would have been nice. But perhaps in the winter months we can set earlier meetings. Judi

Hi Long Weekend People! Given that most players are available this coming Monday, I have made an executive decision and decreed that bridge will be played that evening. This being the case, Judy Blue please bring along "our" bridge table. Thanks! See everyone around 6:30 pm, half an hour later, 7:00 pm, in Naramata, for Legendary Late Naramata Goil! If you have a moment, between sunning, sipping and swimming, let me know if you plan to attend. Cheers, Patrizzio! I'll see all of you at 6:30 pm Monday night at Burns St.
Happy long weekend all. Pam We're back and good for Monday thanks Gill I will be there with our table😎 Np

Too bad I have to miss the Naramata late night fun. Enjoy everybody, I'll see you all hopefully first Tuesday after August 20th. Jos Hi Long weekend players,
all sounds like great fun, but we expect friends from Calgary for the long weekend, so hopefully I might be able to join the group the week after. Have fun out there, cheers. Mike 


Hello Wildfire Warden! In spite of the extreme warning, I'm sorry to report that many people, here in Penticton, and indeed elsewhere in the Okanagan, are not complying! Hence the 100+ fires smothering the province with a heavy blanket of smoke. Fortunately, I'm able to wear a face-mask, soaked in malt, when I ride! At any rate, trust you are well, Wild Bill.

Had a lovely evening with good friend, Linda Ervin, originally from Cape Breton, this evening. Terrific to reconnect with Linda as we'd not seen her since she left Vancouver, almost 15 years ago, or so. Fondestos from Lady Dar and Chloë to you, Wild Bill. Stay well, take care of yourself. Cheers, Patrizzio!Pics: Lethbridge Lady Comes Home: Patio life with Linda!


No comments:

Post a Comment