Thursday 17 August 2017

Sendero Canyon Condo Blues: Thursday, August 17th

I have always supported measures and principles and not men. I have acted fearless and independent and I never will regret my course. I would rather be politically buried than to be hypocritically immortalized. -Davy Crockett, frontiersman, soldier, and politician (17 Aug 1786-1836) 

Chain gangs, Wyndham, Western Australia, c. 1898-1906 (detail)
Photo: State Library of Victoria
Woke up at 5:45 am to find both kittens still sleeping. However, once I was up they both dashed to the patio door to be let out. I then opened the cat door in the garage so that they could return inside on their own. Then back to bed to sleep until 7:10 am when I heard Duke making his funny growls. Turned out he was underneath the bed, inside one of the drawers where we store sheets for our bed. He emerged and followed me into the kitchen where Miss Etta was patiently waiting for breakfast. Fixed their bowls and then made my own java to repair to "The Office" to listen to the radio while working away on mountains of email!

Waiting for ChloĆ« to arrive so that we can go and take another look at Sendero Canyon condo. She has a job interview in Kelowna tomorrow. If successful, she can work in Penticton! She'll continue on to Kamloops after interview while we'll leave from here after a morning meeting Lady Dar has with GFA.  Flamin' and Sarge, and a couple of other family members from Nova Scotia, will be popping by this afternoon, (after lunching at Liquidity, near OK Falls), to pick up our inflatable tubes to go tubing on Channel afterwards!. Lady Dar just returned from having her hair coiffed, [It looks fabulous!], for Saturday's wedding!

Hi OF hikers Jim Bryan burnt a CD of his photos from the August 17 hike, which I have put in Flickr, and can be seen from the attached link. Despite the header saying ‘By: Tony Cottrell’, all the photos are Jim’s: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4d8z5h This is going out to the Monday hike list as I still cannot get Jim French’s Thursday list to work for me. Cheers Tony Wow - thanks for these great shots, Tony, and Jim! Reminds me of The Narrows in Zion Ntl. Park! Best to you all,
Bryan Snider
Hi Antonio and James! Let me echo Bryan's thoughts. Wow, indeed! However, the phenomenally stunning photos rather remind me of the Grand Canyon or climbing Everest! What an outing!!! I felt I was right there, from the comfort and safety of my living room. Thanks so much. Onward! Cheers, Patrizzio!

No comments:

Post a Comment