Tuesday 22 August 2017

Back in the Bidding Saddle Singing the Four No Trump Blues: Tuesday, August 22nd!

My stories run up and bite me in the leg -- I respond by writing them down -- everything that goes on during the bite. When I finish, the idea lets go and runs off. -Ray Bradbury, science-fiction writer (22 Aug 1920-2012) 






 
Hi Gil et al! This just in from Al: Hi Patrick, This looks like a beautiful spot for a home and I hope Chloë’s offer gets accepted. Just a few questions to get started if you don’t mind: 1. I see both bungalows and townhomes in the photos. From the location of Chloë’s lot I suspect she is considering the townhome, correct? 2. Do you have a PDF file with a floor plan or is there a site you can refer me to where I can get an idea of the size and layout of the condo? 3. Home builders in our area will typically rough-in the pipe system to an accessible location as part of the build or at least offer it as an option. I presume that this builder is doing neither. If they aren’t will they allow you, or an independent supplier/trade, access to their site? Alan Hi again, Al! Thanks for latest round of important questions. I've forwarded your message to Chloë's realtor, Gil Szabo, and as soon as I hear from him I'll be in touch. Thanks and Cheers, Walleye-less Patrizzio!

Hi Al and Gil: Thanks, Gil. Al, this just in from Gil: Thanks Patrick We wrote into the contract that the builder will rough in the central vac. Is that all your guy needs?

Gil Szabo Hi again, Gil, et al! More information required! That’s good that they will do the rough-in but I still need the answer to other questions I sent you so that I know what size of power unit will be required and whether or not venting is an option. It typically isn’t with a town home but is with a bungalow. Chloe sent it to him already

Hi Al, to answer your questions, yes it is a townhouse, here is the floor plan of my unit and we are hoping the developer will rough in piping etc foe me as it has not been built yet and would be a perfect time to know ahead!! The website for development is http://senderogate.ca/units/ Thanks Al, for all this back and forth, hopefully this clears all your questions up, if not let me know. Cheers! Chloe

Ho Chloe, This is exactly what I needed to see, thanks, and please note the following: 1. This condo requires one conventional inlet valve on each level based on a typical 30’ hose. 2. The rough-in should terminate in an accessible location either in the mechanical room or the garage, depending on the preferred power unit location. 3. If the power unit is to be located in the garage then I recommend hanging it higher on the wall to allow for storage below and/or more clearance for vehicles. 4. The builder will need to provide a dedicated 120V/20A circuit and standard receptacle within 5 feet of the power unit’s location on the wall, be it in the mechanical room or the garage. 5. I suggest you request that an additional pipe be roughed-in to the kitchen island below the sink for either a CANSWEEP automatic dustpan or, even better, a VROOM retractable hose kit. 6. I recommend one of our non-venting VACUFLO power units (DB Series or FC Series) as exterior venting of central vacuums in multi-family facilities can be difficult and often impossible. The developer (or the condo association) may not even approve exterior venting because of the noise factor. 7. It won’t take much effort or time to hang and connect the power unit to the rough-in. 8. The rough-in will include low voltage wire that makes an electrical connection between the power unit and each of the inlet valve covers. 9. The rough-in typically includes temporary cover plates that you will replace with inlet valve covers (3) supplied by me.  


I will send you a supply-only quote on a separate email along with specifications on the recommended products. Regards, Alan Hi Al, Thanks for this, just so I understand correctly, would you suggest the VROOM retractable for just the mid floor and having a hose that is able to be portable to do the entry way floor and top floor? Or would it be cheaper/easier to use the same hose for all three floors? and is 30' the longest hose? Thanks!

Hi Chloe, The VROOM (or the automatic dustpan) are supplemental devices that are typically used just for quick clean-ups between your regular vacuuming days. You will still want a regular 30’ hose to do your regular cleaning. Central vacuum hoses are typically 30’ in length but are also available in 35’. In homes this size you would typically take the hose from floor to floor as needed. You could always get a separate hose for each floor but they are $200 each and you will need a place to store them.

It is possible to have a longer hose that could do all three floors from one inlet valve and that is with a HIDE-A-HOSE system. This type of system is more complicated and expensive to install and I would not suggest it unless there is someone local with experience in that product. Hope this helps. Alan

Hi Chloe & Patrick, Please find attached: 1. Our quote to supply you with a VACUFLO central vacuum system for your new condominium at Sendoro Gate in Penticton. 2. A copy of your floor plans that show our recommended power unit and inlet valve locations. 3. A guide to ‘Power Unit Choices’ that explains the differences between the recommended power units (FC Series & DB Series). 4. Various brochures (power unit specifications, cleaning kit options, CANSWEEP automatic dustpan, VROOM retractable hose kit, individual accessories). Thank you for the opportunity to quote on your requirements and I look forward to putting the fun back into vacuuming for you. Best regards and good luck with the new digs! Alan

Hi Al! Thanks so much for all the detailed information and advice. Certainly much appreciated. Once all this has been digested and information submitted/negotiated we'll be in touch. Happy Fishing! Cheers, Patrizzio!
Hi Developer Goil! Good work! How was your stay in Vernon? Any word on offers? We'll be playing bridge at home this evening so available for consultation. Love, Banker Dad! Hi Chris, Just wondering what the interest has been like? Thanks Corinne Hi Corinne and Patrick, Apologies for not keeping you two in the loop. I mistakenly thought Chloe was the messenger for my updates while she was in the OK. We had a very busy week, lots of interest, showings and nothing but positive feedback. Open house on Thursday 15-20 groups through. Saturday: 8-10 groups Sunday: 8-10 groups.

I already have at least one confirmed offer for tonight and am working on getting a few more in the mix for our 8PM presentation. The online advertising received a personal record number of "engagements", meaning people clicking on the listing link and pictures. I do feel that this last two weeks of August does see a lot of locals go away for their final summer holiday. We may have seen slightly less traffic than we would have in the spring, but fear not, we will do just fine tonight. Will we be able to reach you this evening between 8-9 PM? I will bring the offers down to Chloe's and we can all chat there via conference call/speaker phone. Chr
Hi Chris, we will be at home. Later is better for us as we are playing bridge here starting at 6:30. Thanks for the update. Corinne

Hi mom, Chris and I have been texting and I think (but please confirm) we will meet at my place for 7:30? Thanks, I am free anytime after 7PM. Should we say 730, Chloe? I don't want you to feel rushed after your spin class. How long do bridge games usually last? We can work around the game or maybe pull you two out of the room between hands to discuss offers. Chris Hi dad/mom, Vernon was pretty chill, we watched the eclipse sans glasses so will be blind soon enough!! and i think you know now but Chris will come over at 7:30 and take the offer....he said only one confirmed, lets hope he can rustle up a few more!!! xx


I thought that you might be interested in this series of talks at the PAG. Please forward the info to anyone else that you think may be interested. Pam Hi Pamela! Thanks for notice of PAG's arTTalks. Trust your hand is healing nicely. Cheers, Patrizzio! 👍😎 Pam

As we were hosting bridge, this evening, I knew I'd need to go for my ride earlier in the day. As well, Lady Dar wanted/needed to use my computare while I was cycling. Furthermore, the earlier the better, as far as fighting any head winds so riding whilst the wind was quieter was quite attractive, especially since it was blowing out of the NNE, at only 6 kph when I left, just before 11:00 am, and OK Falls was my destination. Started off down at the PTC and with the ITU Duathlon events still on I decided not to thread my way to Riverside and contented myself with a couple of additional loops of the PTC section before making my way to Government.

The wind at my back made the stretch along Eastside easier but as it was more of a cross-wind, not as much help as I would have hoped for. Nevertheless, my legs felt pretty responsive so I decided I'd tackle McClean Creek Road and was pleased that it wasn't overly taxing. Even rewarded by seeing a lovely young male mountain sheep, [his horns but large "cigars"], just off the right shoulder of the road, mid-valley, gazing quizzically at me as I pedaled past. Bit of a dipsy doodle around OK Falls where more wildlife, in the form of one of the deer I have often seen munching on the lawns of the homes just past the small bridge near the start of Oliver Ranch Road. Hadn't been towards Blue Mountain Winery so rode that stretch, past Liquidity, before hitting the Stag's Hollow Loop.

Once I began the return leg I was more than pleased to find that the battle against the wind was not nearly as tough as I thought it might be. In any event, I took McClean Creek Road out of Ok Falls and patted myself on the shoulder as I only shifted to lowest sprocket in top gear, not even needing that ratio once I was past the steepest, first section. Bit more of a breeze when back on Eastside but not "brutale" so I made pretty decent headway all the way back to South Main! Once there I had to do a number of "necessary" dipsy-doodles for the added distance I wanted to achieve the goal I'd set for the day's outing, 71 km. Those in the bag, I whizzed back home along Government and pulled into the back driveway to be met and congratulated by Miss Etta for my acceptable AVG, given distance and reasonably strong head wind.
Map and Stats for ride: 

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1932702389#.WZyxw-fQVpo.email
 


Hi OFologists, Many of you will know Laxmi, our youngest OF ball of energy from Nepal! She is getting married on September 3rd in Vancouver. I am making a letter size greeting card with a photo collage that I would like to give her and husband Sy on behalf of the Old Farts, that is ... if you help me with the following.

Please reply to this note with a personal message, congratulating her/wishing her well/whatever you would like to say and I will paste this digitally on a sheet to include in the card I am making. Those of you who have signed already, no need to respond unless you want to say more! All you have to do is click the reply button and off you go! PLEASE DO NOT LEAK THIS TO HER OR SY. Thanks for your help. Look forward to hear from you. Cheers, Aart & Jos Dronkers


Hi Aarturo! Trust you are well. Haven't seen you for ages! Sorry I've not responded sooner but life has, seemingly, been even more hectic than normale! Thanks for doing this. At any rate, please include the following message:

Dear Laxmi and Sy! Congratulations on the most wonderful and extremely happy occasion of your marriage! Both Corinne and I wish you both all the best as you embark on this next stage of your lives. Take care of each other. Much love and affection. Lady Dar and Patrizzio!

Pics:
Not sure if you plan to include any pictures but thought I'd send them along anyway. You probably have these, from Josinta's 65th, but just in case you cannot find them. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment