Sunday 20 August 2017

Last Hill Plus on the Hotel's Eliptical Blues: Sunday, August 20th!

In a racist society it is not enough to be non-racist. We must be anti-racist. -Angela Davis, activist, author, and professor (b. 26 Jan 1944)


 

Costco: In the cold room there is some cauliflower rice. Hi Brenda Louise!Thanks for the lovely, lovely brunch! Tasty beyond belief! Great to see you both and catch up, somewhat, even if visit was so short. Thanks for tip about cauliflower rice, [Didn't see your message until we were already home but I have seen it there before.], but we didn't think to pick any up, although Lady Dar did buy a bag of coconut sugar and one of almond flour so we'll be ready for your visit in the not too, too distant future, we trust! Going to be a busy start to this coming week as I start off tomorrow, at 6:45 am, at a water aid station for the ITU Para Duathlon, on Lakeshore, near The Peach! Thanks again for the lovely visit. Fondestos to you both from The Marriage Officiant. Cheers, Patrizzio! You are very welcome anytime. We promised to go back east this Fall too so I should really take a look at the calendar. Pics were great. I have seen the Mom around town here at some point. A few others look very familiar too... like the tall man in tux who has speckled grey hair??  Am babysitting today so note is brief!!!

Pics: Yesterday's wedding. Daughter-in-Law, Meagan with daughter Grace, Nicole, daughter with parents, Michelle and Wayne; Groom and Bride with Father and Mother; Getting ready for Reception! You are very welcome anytime. We promised to go back east this Fall too so I should really take a look at the calendar. Pics were great?. I have seen the Mom around town here at some point. A few others look very familiar too... like the tall man in tux who has speckled grey hair??? Am babysitting today so note is brief!!! Hi again, Brenda Louise! Thanks for open invitation. After the delicious brunch we may well stay for weeks, if not months, next time! "Tall man in tux" is Sarge, Superintendent Wayne Sutherland, Cory's/groom's father. "Mom" of Rebecca lives on farm so you may well have seen her around Kamloops. Talk soon. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi there How did the wedding officiant Do? Any pics? Samantha can't wait to see the pics you have from their wedding too! Have you seen Jeff Bridges in Hell or Highwater? Alex begins at the Drill Tower tomorrow at 6a, graduation set for Jan. 5th Rick and Rae have generously offered to have a birthday pool party for my 50th two weeks from today when Alex is off from training. Love, Ayn
Patrick, Jan, Lorna and Francesca, Thank you all for volunteering at this event tomorrow. Since we don’t know exactly where the aid station is I propose that we meet at the Peach on Lakeshore at 6:45 am tomorrow. From there we will find the volunteer tent and register as volunteers (which I think is close to the Peach), pick up our t-shirts (which identify us as volunteers) and whatever other accreditation we require, and then proceed to our aid station (which should be nearby). Thanks again and see you tomorrow. Pam ps Lorna and Francesca, I can give you a ride in tomorrow however I will have to leave by 11:30 to get to work. Does that work for you? Pamela Hi Peachy Keen Pam, et al! See you at the Peach tomorrow morning at 6:45 am! Cheers, Patrizzio! See you bright and early at the Peach. One of our number has already volunteered and knows where the volunteer tent so it is no longer the blind leading the blind:) Pamela

Hello Long Lost Bidders! Trust everyone is well. Last time we had any discussion, Josinta had mentioned that perhaps a pot-luck at her place, with a pork roast bbq. Is that still the plan, Jos? If so we'll need to know who will attend and what everyone should contribute. Things change, of course, so please let group know if you can play on Tuesday and if gathering is to be for a meal as well. Once people have replied we can plan accordingly. Lady Dar and I are interested in pot-luck and available on Tuesday. If venue/meal is not on, we are happy to host. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Yes, I am back from my adventures and ready to host a good game of bridge, potluck roast, and reunite with my bridge friends. Jos Hi all, Gill is backpacking and Phil has meetings so alas we can't make Mon or Tues this week. Wishing you all 40 point hands, cheers. Phil Unfortunately I will miss again a wonderful companion and the bridge event being away somewhere in forest of Washington State US. It will be probably two weeks till I might be ready for the next game. So have fun everybody, and keep me posted.
Cheers. Mike
  
I can play this Tuesday either for potluck or not!! If potluck let me know what to bring, jos Judy Hi Josinta, et al! Welcome home! From replies, to date, it looks like there will be just the four of us. Lady Dar and I would be happy to contribute a salad and/or a vegetable dish. Perhaps Judy Blue could bring an appetizer or a dessert unless she would rather one of the dishes I've mentioned. All very flexible. If you arrive at our place by 6:10, JB, you can carpool with us. Let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio!

I think we should wait until everyone can be there for the potluck. It will also be a good bye to Gill & Phil as they are gone early this Fall. We could play bridge and do pot luck next week on either Wed. 30 or the 31s. We 4 can play this Tuesday without the meal. Just my thoughts. Corinne Hello all, I like Corinne's idea to do potluck next week when Gill and Phil and others can be there as well, but can we do it on Tuesday? Since it is just the 4 of us tomorrow I could drive to Penticton or you still can come to Summerland. Flexible Jos this time Ok I will come to your place for 630 Judy

Hi Josinta, et al! I agree with Lady Dar's suggestion so we will host tomorrow, if that is fine with you. I assume Judy Blue won't mind change of venue either. I assume we will try for Tuesday of next week as well, although Lady Dar seems to like Wednesday or Thursday of next week. See you both around 6:30 pm then, this coming Tuesday evening. For rest of Pot-Luckers, please let Josinta know which night is best and what you might like to contribute. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! My problem is tennis competition Wednesday nights. Jos  We have guests until Wednesday. Thursday is best for us!
 
Hi Patrick, We would be pleased to accept your invitation for dinner and bridge next Saturday. We’ll bring some freshly made salsa and tortilla chips as an appetizer, and a peach-based dessert. As we discussed, if you could invite another bridge player that would give us more flexibility. Cheers, Peter
Hi Judy Blue! Trust you are well. Lady Dar and I would like to invite you for dinner, this coming Saturday, August 26th. We will be having friends, Naramatians, along with their guests from Vancouver. Both husbands play bridge but not the wives so, in addition to dinner and such, we plan to play some bridge over the course of the evening. The rest of The Sisterhood will visit while we four bid. Both Peter and Byron are very good players so it is a chance to learn from them as they are very congenial teachers. We do hope you are able to join us so let me know and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!
 
Thank you for invite Corinne and Patrick. I would love to join you! Please let me know what I can contribute...Judy Hi Judy Blue! Delighted that you can join us. Lady Dar is out and about, at the moment, but when she's back I'll ask her about menu and will be in touch. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Hi Judy, that's great you can join us. If you could bring a salad that would be great. Come around 5:30. Best Corinne

Hi Peach Based Dessert People! We have confirmed a fourth for bridge so polish your Two-Over-One Convention, Byron! As Harry used to sing, "It was clear as mud but it covered the ground/The confusion made me head go round! Look forward to seeing everyone this coming Saturday. I assume somewhere around 5:30 pm. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Sounds good to me. See tutti* then.
Ciao! Lynnie * That’s “y’all” in Italian. Hi Polyglot Goil! Thanks for the translation! You Naramatians are such people of the larger world it makes my head spin! Cheers, Parochial Patrrizio!  

Patrick Thank you. Looking forward to it. Honing my 2 over 1 with the robots on bridgebase Cheers Byron Hi Robo-Man! Can hardly wait for the bridge lesson! Will probably need a few stiff malts to be able to absorb everything! Cheers, Patrizzio! Yes, I’ve noted, Patrick, that getting drunk greatly helps the precision of your bidding. Hi Jugos! Acute, astute observation BUT I can be an extremely erratic bidder even without the help of Demon Rum! Cheers, Patrizzio! I believe it is a prerequisite to winning bridge Cheers Byron Hi again, Robo Man! Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for the support! Perhaps Jugos Dom Pedro will offer to concoct one of his killer cocktails to start the evening off in the best of all possible ways! Cheers, Stirred but not Shaken, with a Twist, Patrizzio!

PS: Readying myself for Saturday's lesson, I've taken to dreaming, in technicolour, about my bidding responses! Fondestos from Lady Dar, Again, Cheers, One Olive and a Pickled Onion Patrizzio!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment