Wednesday 23 August 2017

Sendero Canyon Gil Szabo Blues: Wednesday, August 23rd!

A few cobras in your home will soon clear it of rats and mice. Of course, you will still have the cobras. -Will Cuppy, journalist (23 Aug 1884-1949) 





Pat Just returned from Savory Island. Some interesting bike racks over there using some of the beach logs. Stayed with friends who have a place looking across to Hornby and other sections of Vancouver Island. The skies were clear and the swimming in the waters below was excellent and certainly warmer than Jericho. Getting together with Mike and Pauline this weekend. Hope all is well with you and Corinne. Ray

Map and Stats for ride:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1938635916#.WaDzmsSyt9I.email

Phil and I are available any day next week. Jos, I'll bring a salad and thx for hosting. See you soon Gill Corinne and Patrick, Thanks for hosting last night and accomodating a rusty player. Looking in my calendar I ONLY have Tuesday open next week.Do you think your company would like to come to bridge? Jos Hi Zucchini Woman and Cheezzze Woman!Thanks for the great, one table, last night and for the wine and "healthy" snacks!

Lady Dar is out with The Flatlanders so I'll discuss,
when she returns, bringing our visitors, on Tuesday, since that is the only evening you have free. I'm sure they would be happy to meet everyone and visit with those who are not playing. At any rate, I'll be in touch as soon as we've had a chance to chat about your suggestion, Jos. In the meantime, perhaps others could indicate if Tuesday works. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio! Pics: Winners holding there organic zucchini bridge prizes from Lady Dar's vegetable garden!

Yes Tuesday will work for me. Thanks for last nite and the zucchini 😊 Judy
Hello Everyone! Sorry for all the backing-and-forthing about next week's gathering but, in discussion with Lady Dar, it turns out that we cannot make next Tuesday, due to pre-made plans with our visitors. That being the case we can only play from Wednesday on. Not sure what to suggest. If The Spiller Road Folk are still here the following week, perhaps we can schedule a pot-luck then, at a venue and a menu suitable to all. Consequently, please suggest what you think might work in terms of everyone's schedules and predilections. Thanks and Cheers, Penitent Patrizzio!
I am available on Wednesday nite next week😊

[Re-done shelves] Hi,
Patrizzio, Unlikely I would attend a panel discussion on the “art”of bike racks. Definitely tho’ on the “functionality" of bike racks, most of which are lacking sadly. And on that topic, I really would love to see the books on the “Mobi” bike-share project. Is it making any money yet? Or, even breaking even???? Don’t answer that, I am speaking rhetorically.

Now that I am back from the Nurburgring Raceway, the #3 should be a cake walk, but … I am suddenly in the midst of a dental crisis with mi padre. Half his teeth are gone, the rest are loose or cracked, refuses to see a dentist (costs money!!!) … aurggghhhgh. 



[Doors now close flush with frame] I was planning a trip some time in September, before the snow tire season, although I have a set of studded snows from Rob’s previous Ranger. If/when I get the dental issue fixed, I am flexible - but can’t commit to a date right now. As for your concerns re: my truck bed, …did you forget I have a thickness planner too? I will shortly publish my hauling and construction rates for your approval.

Now, the (Penticton) cabinet/wardrobe. You may have noted, that the doors did not quite close properly. I thought, no probs, 5 minutes with a belt sander and we are in business. After 40 minutes with a belt sander and closer inspection revealed considerable issues. Nether the doors nor the drawers actually fit. Like way off! So to date, the cabinet is in the garage, under considerable restoration. Now, everything fits. It was no small task.
 

[Top ready to re-stain] I had to move the hinges in about an inch and trim the shelves as well as the doors and drawers. The 12 (hinge) screws I had to remove were small SLOT head screws, anchored in aged oak and needless to say, not predrilled. Long story short, I had to drill off most of the heads. Then, because of considerable difficulty to make a neat cut on the shelves, I constructed new edges. That also fixed the shelf with the piece missing. Drawers had to be shortened, no small feat!

But (!!!) the project motivated me to buy that table saw, and I am very, very, happy. That is a beautiful piece and I may sell it to an antique store on Main street - it would pay for half my truck! Pics follow ..Branko


Hello Everyone! Sorry for all the backing-and-forthing about next week's gathering but, in discussion with Lady Dar, it turns out that we cannot make next Tuesday, due to pre-made plans with our visitors. That being the case we can only play from Wednesday on. Not sure what to suggest. If The Spiller Road Folk are still here the following week, perhaps we can schedule a pot-luck then, at a venue and a menu suitable to all. Consequently, please suggest what you think might work in terms of everyone's schedules and predilections. Thanks and Cheers, Penitent Patrizzio! We are leaving early Sept 4th but any day before the 3rd we can re-arrange to be available. hope we can make it work Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment